An Open and Honest Letter to CCP from an Alliance Leader

Forgot to add, trying having 2 eyebrows!

As an alliance leader myself, I disagree with Dark Shines. He is demanding “prosperity” for his alliance and his playstyle. Everything in his suggestion will benefit his group, and disadvantage anyone who plays outside of nullsec.

CCP made the correct choice: scarcity and increased subscription prices are necessary to balance the game. Lowsec, not nullsec, is the new priority.

7 Likes

I log into the game every day, and enjoy every minute of my play time. I’m happy and content, and don’t spend my time tearfully raging the forums for more handouts from the developers because the only thing that validates the time I spend playing this game is watching the number in my wallet go up so that I can brag to and impress new players about my wealth.

2 Likes

Complained about ore changes?

Add contact, Terrible -10, click OK.

1 Like

Yet, here you are…

The People are Revolting - YouTube

Edit; I caught that! :rofl: Gotta have a sence of humor…

2 Likes

Calm down ganker

1 Like

Is that your only line? Seems to add little to nothing at all?

I don’t know that I agree entirely with either of you, but both of you raise good points.

Yet the game needs to attract new players. The existing player base is so entrenched and CCP is relying on those committed to it long term for their survival, while many of the ‘vocal minority’ are ‘retired and living on investment income’ and can continue to keep their account plexed for the foreseeable lifespan of the game. Catering to those players might bring short term relief, but won’t fix the underlying problem.

1 Like

I would but there’s so much salt from you 3-4 anti-null-spergers that it’s clogging any attempt to meaningfull discussion

1 Like

It seems to me he was suggesting ways to encourage more capsuleers to undock and do stuff, as well as incentivising disillusioned players to return and newer players to have more of achance to climb the ladder.

If that means loosening the fiscal reins a bit to reduce grind then surelythat’s a good thing all round, no? More capsuleers doing more stuff means more clients for your good-self, does it not?

Much of what he suggested could be undertaken now, whilst still focusing on lo-sec, which we all agree needs some love.

1 Like

It was me,

I would go further however with updating the mission system. We need more dynamic missions that actually have an impact on the game. I said it someplace else that the world should live and breathe and feel like an actual universe outside of the players actions. Our stories just happen to take place in it.

I also agree with the botting thing, there are better ways to handle botting than removing play styles. Especially when a legitimate miner from an observation point of view is no different than a character that is botting.

For those that where following the conversation, I said that the game is an ecosystem. Each region is dependent on the others and the other regions suffer without each other. (In short) and that it seems like a nerf to effect one region tends to be done without consideration of the impact on other regions. Whatever changes are made need to take into account how its going to affect the other regions of play as well.

3 Likes

It also doesn’t help that the current generation of gamers have been conditioned to playing instant gratification games, which EVE is definitely not. They expect EVE to be “press button, receive bacon”, then quit after a week when they realize the time investment required…

2 Likes

Dark Shines you say:

Why should you listen to me?

I’ve done it all. My story, while unique to me, is only one of hundreds of thousands of stories that Eve Players could tell you. I and others like me, have lived and breathed Eve for a long time.

No miner, you never did Highsec ganking, stop being delusional. Your only way to make others “listen” to you was to bring your alliance toons to this topic.

Rorquarls will remain the same. Get over it and learn how to overcome difficulties.

3 Likes

And this is where you make an ass outta yourself.

@Dark_Shines wanna “save” EVE?
Go to the rookie channels and help the new players, specially with fun ideas when someone ask this:

TokyoDryToo > Hi, I am new to this game,
not sure what to do now,
I have done tutorials and carear agents,
not sure how im supposed to afford all these skills and ships,
any advice ?

Arya Is Miraculous > TokyoDryToono skills? want ISK, go ninja loot in low sec… at Tama or Ahbazon

AIR alt 67 > Arya Is Miraculous, thieves are justifiably shot on sight

I am sorry. English is not my 1st language. I do not speak it very well.
Apologies if my attempts at levity made you have to say that.

1 Like

His solution encourages HIS capsuleers to undock. He wants CCP to give more isk to HIS alliance. His suggestions disadvantage everyone outside of nullsec.

CCP added the bounty risk modifier to break up the nullblobs, forcing them to spread out. That is intentional. The nullblocs need to adapt, or die.

5 Likes

Calm down ganker

I’ve had to use google translator to at least try to communicate with others. No hard feelings!