An Open Letter to CCP from Current and Former CSM Members on the "Prospector Pack"

/signed

7 Likes

playing since 2006

making my first ever post on these forums today to support this.

I find myself actually angry about this attack on the game. This can only mean that the levels of disconnect between various parts of the EVE team at CCP must be so much greater than we previously thought (and with what you have been putting out for the past few years what I thought about these was already not very positive). So many of you spent years now working on the economy and now after the first positive step in years you ā– ā– ā– ā–  the economy with this? :exploding_head:

If this stands then I am done because if this stands then it will only go in 1 very very VERY bad direction in the near future.

16 Likes

Well written.
Sad day for EVE, shameful decision by CCP.

Signed.
11 Likes

I agree with this completely, this should not have even been a consideration and does not bode well for the future of the game if a player run sandbox becomes dominated by real world purchases undermining the point of actually playing the game then you devalue the purpose of the game and ultimately kill off your loyal player base.

Eve Online is not a game that should be dictated by a persons bank balance and unfortunately this has become the meta for the game for the past few years, if it continues the core of what made eve the universe we all loved will be a dead and gone memory of old.

Your letting down your community CCP, Stop it and Stop it NOW!

9 Likes

Signed.

6 Likes

/signed

6 Likes

100% agree

/signed

6 Likes

/signed +1

6 Likes

We do not support this.

Signed.

6 Likes

Because eve online has an economy, ships take time to build.

7 Likes

signed ā€”

bring the game back to how it was back in 2003-2007 i guarentee a significant change in player base entirely!

5 Likes

I too am very disappointed upon seeing this

It totally ruins the core element of the game, and breaks any of the profit(s) made by people building retrievers and potentially even mackinaws

I donā€™t mind super rookie ships like Ventures being given out (they are also given out in the NPE afaik), but thereā€™s definitely a line which cannot be crossed, and sadly CCP has now crossed that lineā€¦

I would encourage CCP to change this and backtrack on it immediately.

As Brisc has said in the past ā€“ If CCP wants to make money, you can do SOO many other things ingame and out of game, such as Structure Skins and more ship models inrlā€¦

/signed

9 Likes

/signed

monitarisation only for cosmetic stuff please

10 Likes

/signed

2 Likes

Because this is a game some of us have been heavily involved in for a very VERY long time and things like this move the game away from its core mechanic and turns it into a game that is run completely by the balance of ones credit card. This is a player run game the market, content and most events are driven by the players and the minute you bypass this by adding an ability to ā€œbuy your way to the topā€ you kill the fundamentals of the game.

Your right no one is forced to buy this but the point is YOU SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO BUY THIS PERIOD.

9 Likes

So my questions is now that is OK to sell fitted ships, will every player who ever has been banned for rmting titans and what not through history of eve suddenly be UN-banned because selling fitted ships is now OK ?. Yes this comment may seem a lil extreme or to some not in line with what ccp is doing but to the general public will be asking why is what officially was not OK now OK ? The difference is CCP is endorsing selling of ships by them offering it up to get people to play. Money for ships is money for ships. And i think its a bad precedent to set. I will soon be in this game 20 years we had to work hard and grind do all the things to get our isk and first ships - alphas was introduced to get new players a way in more fairly and now we are handing people fully fitted indy ships as a marketing tool - dont like it.

21 Likes

/signed

3 Likes

Donā€™t know why such an uproar from Brisc. The $25 ship comes with the ā€œBrisc Red Dotā€ for new players to see their new items in inventory better. Quite the bonus content. Thanks CCP for bringing the dot back. This is the Bestcase Scenerio.

3 Likes

Signed

2 Likes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

12 Likes