An Open Letter to CCP from Current and Former CSM Members on the "Prospector Pack"

“Last chance”, “limited time only”, “limited edition”, “one issue only”, CCP have said that before, they lied.

They’ve also made symbols for limited edition stuff then released it including skins used in a charity drive.

If CCP say they are not gonna issue something again, I can guarantee you they are gonna issue it again.

1 Like

Does this mean I can report CCP for RMT behavior? 'Cuz I thought selling in-game inventory for cash was against the EULA/ToS all players/customers have to agree to in order to play.

Stop selling ships, fitted or not, for cash.

1 Like

Well… There are some fair points.

Just because their play style is not accepted by the pvp mindset doesnt mean they are wrong in some issues.

The freighter example is just hilarious. A mosquito bumping a huge space ship is just ridiculous at all levels.

I have never made a legal threat to win an argument, sorry. And there were no legal threats in this letter.

Good, you have learned something since the last time we talked.

Illegal threats are more fun

After watching this video…I reconsidered my position, as I think he hits the nail precisely on the head. His ‘new player perspective’ is totally correct.

A defence of CCP’s position…

2 Likes

A minute in and he’s already harping on Brisc, casting aside a forum post with near 30 CSM members signed onto it, and has comments disabled on his video.

Quality opinion right there.

3 Likes

I watched the whole thing…and he is spot on regarding the new player experience. The problem is that most of those complaining about things were newbies 10 or 20 years ago. It takes an actual newbie to say…yes, this is the noob experience.

1 Like

Best part of the video, in my opinion.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

I’m watching the rest of it right now. The problem is he’s fundamentally incorrect. Everyone in Eve starts at an SP/knowledge disadvantage. And everyone stays at a knowledge/SP disadvantage the entire time they play eve, depending on where you place your perspective. The point isn’t to open your wallet and buy success. It should be to put you with other players who will help learn how to accomplish that success.

But when you start your video declaring that the only reason people are angry about this is because content creators and CSM people pinged their entire alliance and told you to be angry, that’s incorrect, and shows that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the game is. All further arguments of ‘game staying with the times’ and blah blah blah, especially when you look at how badly all those contemporaries are doing with this same model, are meaningless.

Bonus points for this clown whinging about how everything is so unfair for him and then calling everyone else childish. Lol… what a buffoon.

Bonus bonus points for him thinking industry shouldn’t exist in the game and that the only reason any prices on anything changed in the last 10 years is because people chose to buy everything up and nothing to do with development team changes to the game lol.

Yeah, I’m gonna watch the rest of this for the laugh, but this dude is special.

6 Likes

By supplying ISK in exchange for PLEX bought with Terran credits, does one not become a cog in the P2W machine?

That’s the problem. You got so enraged about a slight against your personal God and savior Brisc almighty that you’ll spend the rest of the video trying to find things to be angry about instead of paying attention to what’s being said.

And what’s being said has merit.

You really don’t know anything about me. I learned a long, long time ago that games aren’t worth getting ‘so enraged’ about. I’ve also never seen you once add anything constructive to any conversation, so I’m gonna put you on my block list. Goodbye, Misses_Useless.

I recognize that these complaints are not completely without merit, but I don’t see how these packs solve those complaints. You could already buy a retreiver, or any other ship you wanted, through PLEX exchange, and unlike these packs, you could do that as many times as you want if you do a stupid and it blows up. What CCP is doing is alluding to buying success, which is exactly what you’re not going to get by opening your wallet. It’s P2W with only the promise and none of the substance, and that’s what people are supposed to accept.

1 Like

In what conceivable sense does the pack constitute ‘buying success’ ? People who make such comments have zero idea just how far the average noob is behind longer term players. Eve is like joining a game of Monopoly half way through, and everything is owned and has hotels on it…and you’re whining because someone who joins this literal monopoly half way through gets an extra ‘get out of jail free’ card ? Seriously ?

A lot of anger in that post declaring your non anger. Much like your previous rage post.

Yep. Angry AF.

That’s where ideologies like this go. When you put in a video that you want to remove the player economy, claim the entire reason the economy is bad is because grrrr old players, and then presume no one at all could possibly remember their own struggles in their noob days, nor spend any time at all since with noobs to both help them out and remind oneself what noob life is like…

Are you sure I have zero idea what it’s like to start a new character and play through the career agents and the new NPE? That I’ve never done it? That I didn’t start playing when new players were even FURTHER behind because we had to dedicate our first 2 weeks of training just to do basic fitting skills and learning skills and implant skills so we could actually train at the same rate as ‘older players’ that we were so unfairly far behind?

Hmmmmm…

2 Likes

So,

Prices are high and it’s all the players fault ?

Ok … thanks for the laughs …

That guy needs to take a basic economy class.

4 Likes

Above & below, him again? Evo has nothing to say that I’d be interested in.