An Open Letter to CCP from Current and Former CSM Members on the "Prospector Pack"

But youre giving them cash support to go to fanfest. The dont give a crap about your hugs, they already have your money. The money speaks volumes.

1 Like

Why not just add more advanced mining career/agent missions and have barges and exhumers be the rewards? Have missions include use of boosts and crystals, and explaining different types of ore and what minerals are extracted. Teach them about the advantage of finding a corp for and like minded others to fleet up with.

That would truly be helping the newbro experience, that is, if monetizing isn’t the main motivation.
(Which we know it is)

9 Likes

So bypassing the market yet again? Isn’t that what you are up in arms about in the first place?

1 Like

@CCP_Swift are you currently aware this pack is still up on steam

5 Likes

How hard it is to just not sell fitted ships? That’s literally all you need to do. You better be paying players a cut of that actual money for those ships that are going to be used to supply your RMT packs.

8 Likes

Not trying to be a twat, but maybe next time, lead with a statement like this.

Much like Content Is King; Communication Is Key.

You have the partner program. You have the CSM. You all have reddit accounts. You have an amazing in house art and cinematic team, with outlets such as the Pulse, Scope and your community team who practically live on Twitter.

We know CCP operates on numbers, but a little “hey, look at this cool trend we’ve found. We’d like to enhance it’s success by providing specific themed packs to these players in this way, sound good?” would go a long way and likely lead to a more positive interaction with the best parts of the EVE Community.

3 Likes

i wonder it seems like we have lost more players to your game CCP in the last 3 days than the last 2 years and have you even made a profit on this pack?
You have been forcing an incredible amount of inflation in the game after people have probably used their CC willingly and now forcing to use it continuously just to be able to play due to ship prices is fast forcing people in a time where of everything happening in the real world is declining. Do you think that they would chose to use their CC on a ship or their next meal. what would you chose CCP?

6 Likes

I’m not up in arms about the market, I get why the majority is bothered by it, but I think the market is more effected by plex sales, (which is fine) the retrievers are just a drop in the bucket. The only person this hurts is the industrialist that previously focused on building them.

I just think there’s better ways to help newbros advance through the game, which was one of CCP Swift’s stated reasons for the packs.

3 Likes

… so next Metashow going to be another black shirt or red shirt day? I get the feeling that I will have to check the volume before going to Twitch on this one.

Honestly, you help newbros out by showing them how to build ships (not screwing over industry in the process) and fly them.

Take that credit card warrior/Pearl Abyss NFT crap back to Black Desert Online.

We keep on saying if you want money that bad to save Pearl Abyss, ALLIANCE SHIP AND STATION SKINS!

Thank you for listening, though. We may be bitter vets, but we be bitter vets that will go down swinging to protect this game from real world idiots in the marketing department.

5 Likes

Thanks 4 tha update Swift. oh2allursevens

Our metrics say p2w is popular, what’s wrong with you people?!!!?!!?

7 Likes

Please Swift, dont turn that fanfest, where your real fanbase is hungry for a future view on exciting stuff vs those imaginary hordes of new players, all about Packages.

We see left and right people leaving, every day we lose people through the whole game, that once formed this game, made it what it was today.

There is a way to get both groups, the veterans and the few new players under one roof. But this constant kick into the balls of the older player base is bleeding us out, over and over again.

5 Likes

Didn’t CCP promise us this when skill injectors were released? Oh yeah, here’s the devblog and quote!

Skill Trading in New Eden | EVE Online

It’s very important to note here that this means all the skillpoints available to buy on the market in EVE will have originated on other characters where they were trained at the normal rate. Player driven economies are key to EVE design and we want you to decide the value of traded skillpoints while we make sure there is one single mechanism that brings new skillpoints in to the system – training .

Funny how quick CCP were willing to throw the “player built economy” out of the window the moment they discovered they can make a quick buck off selling mining barges, or skillpoints direct. I continue to get spammed emails telling me to “rise like a phoenix” and buy more SP to “catch up” constantly for my unsubbed accounts. Yes, buying fitted ships from CCP have been removed NOW after a mountain of bad press: Yet they proposed the idea and were until today, prepared to ship it. And what stops them trying again when everyone has forgotten and moved on? (or quit)

Here’s my prediction: You’ll offer this watered down version of a “pack” ensuring that only player built ships are used… Then eventually change it to the very packs you tried to push just now.

11 Likes

Fine. Let’s double down. How much do I need to pay for a titan.

6 Likes

The pack is still available on Steam and the Epic game store !

1 Like

Probably well over $1000…

1 Like

I’m not going to quit but i’m done playing for a long while. Take care CCP. Hope this makes you lots of money.

2 Likes

I’ve no idea what you are rattling on about now. I pointed out that luck plays a part for noobs. That is a fact. It doesn’t cease to be just because you can conjure up twisted semantics that would give Schopenhauer apoplexy.

1 Like

this damage control Is so dumb and will not age well, lmao

10 Likes

This sort of reply and doubling down on the milking of new players as fast as possible screams that the game has entered maintenance mode.

12 Likes