An Open Letter To the Brutor Clans of Matar, Regarding a Sporting Event

I wonder how the Brutor feel about an Amarrian loyalist endorsing their notions of decorum.

2 Likes

Such colourful use of language, it is almost musical.
The Matari culture does have a truly delightful sense of mysticism.

Probably rolling their eyes but begrudgingly agreeing. Keep in mind, a few of our own people are involved with this. I won’t pass harsh judgement myself; I understand that some harmless but fun things require not caring if you seem like a fool to others, but in this day and age it seems an imprudent indulgence.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so sure.

While the Brutor, especially the more trad soldierly types, can be seen as controlled, even stoic, they do not tend to shy away from directness or indeed confrontation when it is warranted. Mixing that up with the way the Amarrian culture use requests for and enforcement of modesty and “politeness” to ensure a system where the voice of oppression can be heard but objections cannot is something quite different.

At least that is how I have perceived it, so far…

Lord Avarr!
We still can make low or high gravity arenas for extra challenge, Caldari graviton projectors can make you feel so heavy that you will have to fight crawling. And all that - while maintaining dignity, without any mud.

Moreover, megacorporations will be so happy and grateful for buying this expensive equipment, that they might even advertise the event to attend (mostly among their own workers), and for a little extra fee. They most likely will even provide uniforms for fighting (with their logo) and will bring a lot of decorations (with more logos and other product advertisements), so arena won’t be as boring and dirty covered in mud.

Besides, fighting in graviton projectors won’t occlude field of view and people will be able to see every movement, that could be hidden by a mud otherwise. It’s a win-win in either way! And I believe someone was already doing wrestling matches in graviton projectors in the State. Our people are quite imaginative at bringing in extra spices and challenges to sports, without being just… dirty.

1 Like

Oh look, it’s the quaint little die-hard try-hard shoot-em-up-and-run who screwed the entire Republic out of the perfect chance for answers and retribution just for a slightly better chance to enrich herself with Amarrian flush, all amped up about my little mudfight!

Let’s have some edumacation:

I am not a chief. I am the cadet chief of my clan, as noted both here and on the petition. My only responsibility is the management of my clan’s manufacturing outfit, Corovid Industries (see note at bottom). Aside from that, the only thing I lead is nightly libations.

I guess you didn’t see the post in the other thread, where I explained that this isn’t about groping. Or the OP in this very thread, y’know, the one that you’re complaining about, where I explained that the mud is an extra challenge for the match.

You still want to believe that this is some kind of mud-kink orgy, though, because it’s useful for your vapid claims. Whatever, sweetheart.

Which Sani Sabiks? Valerie Valate? I don’t believe she’s placed a wager. If she has, I didn’t see it. But what I did do was divest her of the use of her venue, specifically because of the issues you’re alluding to. Which ■■■■■■■ sucked to do because really, this entire thing was her idea. So don’t make like I’m not paying attention.

Or maybe you’re referring to Lithara? She’s Gallente Sani, thank you very much. She’s even got an entire thread explaining how her beliefs diverge from those of the more familiar strains. Why don’t you go visit her AMA and ask her some questions? I’m sure she’ll be happy to explain.

By the way, if you’re trying to imply that I’m in bed with Sani Sabiks after Mikramurka got dropped on by Blood Raiders, you should go check your own premise. They’re not the same ■■■■■■■ thing. Kinda dumb to build an argument on that kind of fallacy, hon.

I’m not one of the Sebbie Sisters. In fact, at least two out of three of them don’t like me, and I’d say three out of three believe the wrestling match is ■■■■■■■ dumb for all of the reasons you’ve listed.

You might also note that I was extremely vocal about not lynching the Krusual. Like, I am solidly on record supporting them over that stupidity.

Also, don’t insult the Captain’s teats.

Really? Tell me more about this most interesting development. When the ■■■■ did I say that the entire Brutor Tribe was nothing to me? Please advise, because as far as I know—and I’m pretty sure I’m right, because I was there—I addressed the specific Brutor clans who were noted as being displeased. Not only that, I took the time (in this thread’s OP) to write out a deliberated, respectful response to their concerns. Of course, I captured a touch of sass in my last line, which translates into “In what manner would the activities of a young Sebiestor woman be of concern to unaffiliated clans such as yourselves?” I happen to think that this is a perfectly valid question.

So far, your response appears to intimate that not only the Brutor Chief, yessir, not one, not two, but shamWOW! FOUR CHIEFS will take offense to a personal life choice of this one, largely insignificant, albeit highly intelligent and dangerously sexy, Sebiestor girl, and reject a petition regarding the safety of an entire continent, signed by multiple clans who have no claim over the decisions of said Sebiestor girl, for this grave mud-splattered injustice of hers.

Well, maybe you’re right. They do have the power to do so. I’ve been saying for years that the current structure of the Republic government inherently lends itself to corruption and should be abolished in favor of tribal sovereignty, so maybe they’ll gift me a feather in my cap by pulling something like that?

You can stuff me in a box with every other Sebiestor, sure, but the entire Ramijozana Clan spent her administration being pissed off about being overlooked and unimpressed with the unequal distribution of power (see above, “inherently corrupt”).

I still fly those fly Absent Heroes colors, though.

Now, speaking of my clan, I’d like to refer you to an official statement from the actual Ramijozana Clan Chief, Tiama Ramijozana, which I hope will offer you dear comfort:

To whom it may concern, and also to whom it doesn’t: I am not thrilled about Melisma’s decision to engage with this mud-wrestling match either. But she is a private citizen in her own time, and has the option of leading her life as she wishes. I trust her to conduct herself with the evenness of judgment instilled in her by this clan.

But I see you also, Seykal. Everyone knows about you. Everyone despises you for your own very recent choices. I fail to convince myself of the importance of your personal opinions. In fact, I even believe I’d fight you in a mud pit over your audacity in confronting my ward. Sadly, I don’t have 20 bn ISK to entice you into the loss. Perhaps you could spot me a bit? I hear you’re living well these days.

Tiama Ramijozana

She’s seventy years old and tiny, but I’m still sure she’d light into you like anniversary fireworks misloaded into an Astrahus.

Clarification

The term “cadet chief” refers to the fact that a few millennia ago, the Ramijozana hereditary line was split by some sort of dispute and maybe a little murder. The resolution was that the original line retained leadership of the clan, while the divergent line took over management of the clan’s manufacturing firm, Corovid. That’s why my proper role, and title insomuch as it matters, is that of “cadet chief.”

3 Likes

That oversight can and should be quickly fixed.

2 Likes

Is ‘flush’ somehow a term for money or…?

I don’t think it is.

It is, in fact; when someone is “flush with money” they have a lot of it.

Of course, it has another, less modest meaning, in some local slangs, too.

Rumors say Sesli got some of both?

1 Like

I’ve heard the term “flush with money.” That wasn’t the usage in the quoted post.

The second usage is what I was afraid of, and I’d like to dispel those rumors.

Feel free, I am sure both us and the baseliner fan clubs (that everything here seems to leak to these days) are all ears.

Pilot Ramijozana it never pays to argue with piratical idiots like Sesli; they will just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

1 Like

Wait, there’s only three of us?

Thanks for spoiling my very intentional not correcting that.

I figured I could get away with using it as a noun instead of a verb. Maybe it didn’t work as well in practice.

I did intend it as money, and I won’t share my thoughts on the related rumor.

Quite right, and I’ll heed this henceforth.

I am also the referee, so it would be incredibly unethical of me to bet.

2 Likes

Who even are the Competitors in this… Sporting Event?

At the very least, it’s me versus Mizhir Devara and Utari Onzo versus Constantin Baracca.

There was another match between, I think, Catherine Gillot and Maira Blackfire suggested, but we haven’t had a confirmation on that.

2 Likes

Perhaps we’ll have to look into this for future sporting events, thank you Strike Commander.

1 Like

Then as A Brutor… I see no reason why I would be upset.

2 Likes