Ancient Aliens

Well the people that has studied them thinks that some stones are cult/religion related. Cause they have boats,plows and whales on them.

And not a single alien related image, although the plows have caused some head scratching cause they aren’t the type to exsist in the neolithic time. But your theory seems to hold water, a few stones to honor the gods as thanks for the whales, then others thought it was an awesome idea and continued…

Humans are the aliens… Immigrated to earth from a dying world, eventually our knowledge was wiped due to natural disaster or something and we had to climb the technological ladder again from scratch. History of humans.

Naaaah. That is not history.

Not recorded history at least :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is . . . or, is it?

Or this one . . . probably a hoax, but also might explain the mysterious monster sized coffins (which are not a hoax) from the photo posted earlier?

1 Like

Ancient paintings from Val Camonica, Italy . . . .

2 Likes

Two persons in funky head gear not aliens make, kinda looks like those feather head things native americans used…

Its like people would go to a “Believe” market and choose what they want. But please dont try to call these facts. :wink:

Anyone with photoshop can do those, and interpreting headwear as space helmets that is drawed with only few lines, is over the top really.

Once the chinese space station reaches lower orbit, so it’s more visible. I bet Aliens will be accused of landing/attacking/observing/ comming to get you…

And it’s 8.55am in sweden Nana what ere you doing up so early/ late?

Working or actually posting. :rofl:
I am in Poland. Its the same time here.

Yes, believers will stick to the beliefs. If you invested your time and heart into something, its usually not easy to get rid of just like that.

Ah well that makes sense :slight_smile:

It makes me wonder this sticking to beliefs, it must be a nice life. Aliens,flat earth, the man.
No personal responsibility, just blame anything mysterious. Screw rational thought, ok aliens i can understand. It’s a need to have something bigger out there be it an enemy or benevolent entity. Rather than being alone on a rock floating thru space…

1 Like

Hi Nana,

Who called them “facts”?

LOL.

Hi Rana,

This was just an interesting topic . . . nobody claiming to be an alien, or having been abducted by aliens, or to have even seen aliens . . . just some interesting stuff.

Lighten up and back away from the ledge . . . before I blow apart the ‘MMGW’ religion that you, and likely Nana, probably ‘believe’ in.

LOL.

It was said in anticipation.

Oh, no. I already fear all those dravings of a prehistoric humans with weird hairdos and masks.
:wink:

The ledge is truth, the ledge is life. You too one day will see the light that is the ledge :stuck_out_tongue:

But in all seriousness Mr Gazoo, i started the topic with a huge sense of irritation. After watching an episode of Ancient Aliens, thanks to all that has posted it morphed into a thread of interesting facts,half truths,speculation and mockery. Your posted pics just adds to the interesting bit, but we will analyze them as all pics so far has been. Not cause we think you belive they actually are aliens, but because someone out there does… :slight_smile:

It is telling that you take blatantly fake pictures and call them “maybe hoax”, then pretend that global warming is a “religion” that can be “blown apart”. Belief is such a strong thing that shapes and twists our whole perception of reality.

I have a something for you:

Just read it to the end. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, Yiole.

I’m sure you understand ‘The Oatmeal’ applies to you too, right? Interesting; the whole emotional temperature bit.

A few ‘fun facts’ that may (or may not) raise your emotional temperature:

The Great Wall of China is not the only manmade object you can see from space.

It’s not actually harmful to pick up baby birds and return them to their nests, and it will not cause their mother to reject them.

The Earth doesn’t revolve around the Sun. It’s actually revolving around the solar system’s center of mass.

Martin Luther King, Jr was an adulterer.

There was a “scientific study” that found vaccines can cause Autism.

Over 3,000 black men in America owned black slaves before the Civil War.

So, I imagine the first few didn’t raise your temp much - but the last few might have. And, I really don’t have to blow apart the MMGW theory, that is actually taking care of itself . . . but it is still a hoot to watch ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ by the Prophet Al Gore.

Cheers!

Well, in order to challenge my core beliefs, you should know what they are… :grin:

The interesting part is not the one where he (potentially) ruffles feathers of American readers (Jefferson is a footnote in History abroad the USA, btw), but the part about the backfire effect, the amygdala and how challenging ideas are responded as physical threats… and very specially the conclusion in which we can learn to identifiy that primal response as what it is, and open our mind, listen, and change when is necessary.

I’ve been fortunate enough that, despite that I am a passionate person, one of my core beliefs is that knowledge is good, and the path to knowledge is truth, no matter how bitter, challenging or poignant it is. And this is why I am open to listen and change when my opinions and beliefs are challenged… but that doesn’t happens very often as my opinions and beliefs are built on a solid foundation of knowledge, and most of the time, the people challenging them is less knowledgeable on the matter than myself.

On the specific topic of global warming, I haven’t seen “An inconvenient truth”. When it was first released, I already knew more on global warming than the vulgarized version of reality shown on the film. One of my hobbies (even if is a masochistic one) is to fight and debunk denialism of reality… GW denialism, 9/11 conspiracy theories and Holocaust denialism are topics on which I’ve written more words than you’ve ever read about them -true. :rofl:

And guess what? I’ve never changed a single mind. Most people just aren’t lucky enough to learn the truth and go around blinded by a haze of lies, beliefs and fear of challenging ideas. And that’s fine, most of the time. It only gets on my nerves when they murder people over that bullsh¡t…

Addendum: the study linking vaccines and autism was bogus and was largely isnpired because the author had a commercial interest to sell vaccines with a diffferent chemical composition than the ones he pretended to prove that could cause autism. “Buy my vaccines, the others cause autism because I say so” is a terrible marketing strategy and ended up with him debunked and imprisoned for fraud… just the news never made it to antivaccines because it would challenge one of their beliefs and antivaccines, as many other fanatics, are not about the truth.

2 Likes

Not a hoax. Just camera perspective.