Ancient Aliens

LOL . . . welcome to my world. But I won’t be going 3000 messages. Only a politician would have that kind of free time and level of hard-headedness.

Not a politician. Just someone debating as a hobby with a fanatic impervious to facts and logic. Eventually he grew tired as he was receiving 4 to 6 answers to each of his messages and it was pretty obvious that he was ignoring reality.

Seriously, dude or dudess, you need to let go of your ludicrous bumper-sticker beliefs. The MMGW fairy tale is debunking itself right before your very eyes, yet you still can’t believe it. It may have been somewhat understandable 10-15 years ago . . . but the temperature has risen 1-1.4 degrees over the past 100 years and recently, any increases at all are virtually undetectable. All the predictions are not coming true. All the MMGW ‘data’ seems to be corrupted in some way, shape or form. The seas aren’t rising. The temperature is no longer rising. The polar bears are just fine. The ice caps are just fine. Now, should man be better stewards of the planet and do whatever we can to conserve energy and make the planet’s environment as ‘clean’ as possible? Of course. No one is suggesting otherwise. But we are not going to turn into a burning ball of fire due to GW. So, relax. The planet was, at one time well before man, a lot warmer than it is now - that fact is beyond debate. Let it go already . . . you will see . . . very soon the planet will begin a naturally cooling cycle. And, when it does, please don’t try to take credit for it - because the cooling cycle will be nothing new either.

Until then, enjoy the warmth . . .

Current hottest year in instrumental record: 2016.

Before it: 2015.
Before it: 2014.

And 2017 looks very promising to beat 2016. Yeah, certainly the warming is stopping…

Actually the 10 hottest years in instrumental record have happened all after 1998, so turns that 10 of the last 20 years have broken the record of hottest year ever recorded.

But you kept at it for 3000 messages? I would have lasted maybe 2 or 3, before pulling the ‘you’re a lunatic’ card. There is, quite literally, nothing to debate. At least with MMGW, I can appreciate your position. It is held by many. I don’t agree with it, at all, but there are certainly debatable points from both sides of the fence.

Battle of realities? Who have time for such a pointless thing? \o/

If it came to the point of throwing the same arguments as ever and nobody will read them, its as pointless as ever. It will get us nowhere, breavely walking in circles. :joy:

If you have to do that, talk about ancient aliens! There you have real question marks.

It was a colective undertaking, I don’t know how many messages I contributed individually. And HE had challenged US to prove HIM wrong, something we did throughfully as many as 6 times on some of his topics. Eventualy we were back-and-forthing about WTC 7 but he had slowed the answer time.

The point is to prove that fanatics can’t be convinced as they just refuse reality. The literally beleive what they want to beleive, and call it “reality” or “fact” or “truth”. But beleifs, after all are a kidn of opinion, usually not based on fact.

Adn that’s the dfiference, when it’s based on fact and has been thoroguhly tested (FAI, with scientific means) then ti’s not a belief, but something that has proven its reality as well as we can figure out.

We can speculate about why did primitive Colombian have statues ressembling airplanes, but based on facts, we know of plenty of weird supernatural beings isnpired by drugs, altered states of the mind and good old imagination, and have zero evidence of primitive airplanes of any kind.

Climatologist and former NASA scientist Roy Spencer, PhD, concluded that 95% of climate models have “over-forecast the warming trend since 1979”

According to Emeritus Professor of Geography at the University of Winnipeg, Tim Ball, PhD, "IPCC computer climate models are the vehicles of deception… “They create the results they are designed to produce.”

And, by the way, where do you get your facts from? Seriously, aside from the common, overused and inaccurate ‘talking points’, where does the crap you’re peddling come from? I continually cite my sources - journals, scientists, professors, climate organizations, etc…

Maybe, I will ‘debate’ like you and throw out a ‘well, if Mikey throws a red water balloon at an ape and it bursts open, then there . . . see no MMGW’ or take a ‘na-na-nana-na-na, pants of fire’ position.

LOL, that astronaut was a kind of joke. Some carvings of the façade were missing or were damaged beyond repair, so stonemasons were hired to carve substitutes to the missing carvings. The project director suggested to include some current day professions, in the spirit of the original carvigns as reflction of the peoples attending the temple, and thus the idea of carving an astronaut was forwarded and approved. The stonemason gave him a shocked expression as a personal joke, as in saying to himself “WTF am I doing in a holy building erected cneturies ago?” but also as to express the awe of space exploration.

Personally I think it’s cute. :grin:

1 Like

Back to aliens, though not so much ‘ancient’ . . . this story was from Waterbury, Connecticut (US):

"Randy Etting was taking a walk outside his home. A commercial airline pilot with over 30 years experience, he spent a lot of time looking at the sky. On the night he took the photograph, he saw a number of orange and red lights approaching from the west. He got his binoculars and called his neighbors to come outside. By this time, the object was a great deal closer and seemed to be over I-84, just east of Etting’s home. The lights were shimmering like distortion from engine heat, but he could hear no sound. Etting stated: “As the UFO passed over I-84, cars in both the east and west bound lanes began pulling over and stopping. The UFO displayed a semi-circular pattern of very bright multicolored lights. Five motorists reported that, as the object became visible, a number of cars lost power and had to pull off the highway.”

And, before you people jump all over me, I’m not saying I believe it . . . the photo, quite obviously, could be easily created - just throwing it in the pot. As I am originally from Connecticut and found this interesting.

1 Like

This story just dropped a few hours ago . . . interesting theory. No proof of course, but nevertheless something to think about:

"We know our galaxy is huge, and that there’s an untold number of other galaxies out there in the unimaginably large universe. We also know that there’s bound to be plenty of planets in those galaxies, and at least a portion of them are bound to be habitable by some form of life. So, why haven’t we detected, spotted, or at least heard the faint whispers of another intelligent civilization outside of Earth? A planetary scientist from Colorado’s Southwest Research Institute believes he might have the answer, and it’s literally chilling.

Speaking at a meeting of the American Astronomy Society Division for Planetary Sciences Division, Alan Stern proposed an incredible answer to the question which has long puzzled astronomers and first contact hopefuls: aliens aren’t living outside.

It sounds like total bunk to us since humans are spread across just about every nook and cranny of planet Earth, but there’s a very real possibility that life could form, evolve, and even gain advanced intelligence without ever seeing the surface of their own planet. This would be most likely on frigid ocean worlds where underwater thermal vents would provide the heat energy to sustain life, and with the sheer number of frigid ocean worlds we already know exist, there’s no shortage of opportunities for this to happen.

If an intelligent alien civilization evolved in the depths of an icy ocean world, it would be incredibly difficult for humanity to detect it, and even harder for them to contact us. In fact, even venturing to the surface of their own planet would be an incredibly difficult task, and as Stern notes, doing so would essentially be the equivalent of mankind venturing into space — a mysterious, frigid, and dangerous place.

It’s obviously very difficult for us to imagine an entire civilization of intelligent creatures living deep within the ocean, but our understanding of the requirements for life mean that it’s entirely possible. The only question is whether or not it exists somewhere out there in the vast number of unexplored worlds."

1 Like

Actually, Europa have a lot of water, scientist think.

Its comparison of amount of water on Earth and on Europa
Its where life can be too. :thinking:

All those worlds are yours, except Europa. :alien:

This image reminds me of “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” film. One of my favourite scenes in sci fi movies is when ufo lands and music plays with simple tones. Together with “Star Gate” sequence from “2001: A Space Odyssey” its few things from childhood I remember most vividly.

There are many similar group sightings…

These are really puzzling. :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh come on, that’s just a bunch of “eyewitness accounts”. If those are the top 10 convincing UFO sightings, they’re f***ed up… :thinking:

Yes, but these were simultanous observations, so there had to be something there, and it was rather unusual. These fuulfill the definition of unknown flying objects like nothing else. Hence why its so interesting.

Oh, but many claim to have seen machines, which is nonsense. Those who don’t know what they saw… well, they don’t know.

See, I’ve seen an UFO myself. I was 10 or 11 years old and saw an array of seven lights in a formation shaped like a cross. It moved slowly across the narrow stretch of sky I could see from our flat; they were visble for maybe 30 or 40 seconds before buildings blocked them from my sight.

What it was? I know it was not the lighting pattern of an airplane, and there was no strobes. Also it moved too slowly to be a plane. Visual size was about 150% that of the full moon, thus some 45’ of arc. Actual size undetermined. Altitude undetermined. Speed undetermined.

Just this in the sky, moving in the direction of the short end of the cross:

So… I don’t know what that was. I know for sure that I saw it as it lasted long enough so I could go to my bedroom, get back to the balcony and look at them through the small augmentation from a pocket camera visor (didn’t had binoculars).

I don’t know. Maybe I’ll never know. I don’t actually care, but it’s a cool story, isn’t it? :grin:

1 Like

First thing that came to my mind was Jesus flying on his cross and these were navigation lights. I know, strange thing. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The gap between the last lights always has puzzled me. It’s like there was a burned out bulb in the middle… or some alien was late to the party…

“Where’s Zortran?” “Look back, he’s chasing our tails again” :smile:

1 Like

Ha. That’s actually a pretty funny image . . .but you’d better watch out for lightning bolts for the next few days. :wink:

You’re right, that is an interesting story. Wonder what it was? The missing light, as you suggested, does appear to be just that - the spacing is perfect for it to be a missing bulb/light. My first thought was not Jesus riding on his cross (lol - that was pretty funny Nana, still chuckling over that one) . . . but a kite with lights attached to the bottom. I went on to MUFON looking for some cool photos for this thread . . . not too much caught my eye - but I did notice there seemed to be an uptick in the number of ‘triangular’ shaped lights sightings (as opposed to the old hubcap thrown into the air). Some of the sightings, apparently, were reported by dozens of people including police. So, not made up . . . but a valid UFO (as whatever it was could not be identified).

1 Like

As I said, it was literally UFO. Right now my best guess, atlhough doesn’t makes sense, would be a jet fighter refueling from a tanker, but that would be insane to do by night over a crowded city, and the speed would be faster than what I saw. I’ve used Google Maps to find our old home and estimate the direction they moved, and those lights had a bearing of about 160º south.

BTW, these are the usual lights on modern jetliners:

The landing lights make a triangle pattern visible literally for kilometers around; at the usual operation altitude, they can be seen from all points in the horizon, well beyond the point where navigation lights (red, green and white on the wingtips) are visible. And since strobes are not always on (depends on circumstances), they might be seen as just a triangle of lights floating in the air with no noise at all.

1 Like