Angel Anomic Agent: Help Needed

Hey folks,

I’ve recently started trying the anomic missions, and have a question about the Angel one. I’ve consulted with guides, and used setups suggested, but cannot apply damage to the dramiel. Repper and hardeners are OH, but the dps incoming is way more than my setup can handle, and I only seem to barely hit the NPC. Both webs are on it, and orbit is at 1500m. I’m clearly doing something wrong, but can’t figure out what it is.

1 Like

try keep range

and I’m assuming you are using a daredevil.

Yeah… Sorry I forgot to post the fitting.

CCP a year ago nuked all the high end hardeners.
-20% resist is super damaging against high end hardeners, not important against low end ones.

Also, why auto targeting ?

I put the auto-targeting system for a heat-sink. So, with the large resist nerfs, are these missions still possible?

You dont need to facetank all the damage, 1500m are just waaay too close for this. I used to do it with shield buffer tank daredevils, you just need to stay as faaaar from it as possible without losing to falloff. Effectiveness if this setup really falls down to your frigate skills.

Also repping is useless unless you are using like assault frigates they will burn through it regardless.

put nothing instead. Using something does not reduce the heat ; having an non-online slot on the ship (eg a rig if you go T2 gun rigs) will however reduce the heat damage, in the case of the DD having 2 empty slots will remove 2/13 = 15% of the heat damage (edit : damage, not generation) for the whole modules

I used a nos.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Overheating

The incorrect way to heat sink a rack is […] to evenly intersperse additional Online modules across the rack.

1 Like

Just use this fit. Keep at range 2000m, overheat guns and if you have decent skills it shouldn’t be a problem… You may bleed slightly into armor but that is rare with good skills.

[Daredevil, Agent Angel]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Photonic Upgraded Co-Processor

Stasis Webifier II
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[Empty High slot]
Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S

Small Core Defense Field Extender II
Small EM Shield Reinforcer II
Small Explosive Shield Reinforcer II

1500 is fine, and is roughly optimal range with light neutrons and void.

I also plan to try this mission. I’m an old player, who went of Eve in 2008 and just returning, so I have good Assault frig skills but no experience in this missions. I planned the following setup:

[Wolf, Anti-Anomic]

Tracking Enhancer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Corpus B-Type Explosive Armor Hardener

Republic Fleet Small Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
[Empty High slot]

Small Projectile Ambit Extension I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II
Republic Fleet EMP S x5000

Will such fit survive face-to-face with Dramiel? Is there any application to simulate? I tried with pyfa, but don’t see how to find out how many sec I’ll survive or it will in perfect conditions

I copied Hateless fit but with an added rocket launcher.
Be careful to have at least AF trained to lv IV and all other relevant skills to V.

Here’s my vid of Wolf agains Cruor.
There is proof you have to tank 222DPS to survive and have 60% capacitor.
I don’t see this info based on your fit, my suggestion: don’t go easy in the dark!

Ah… Dramiel… I don’t know… for safety assume the Dram will output 220 DPS, like 120 explosive, 70 EM
and 30 Kin… if your explosive armor is only 53… he’ll melt your armor like butter…

A nice vid, but I am not sure that a similar fit but with exp instead of therm will keep Dramiel’s damage - wolf has a hole in exp (only 10% base), even with a hardener it is about 50% and not cap stable
with EMP in delivers 163 DPS, tanking 69

he has mixed up the missions. this setup would die because you will not hit the dram. use a daredevil or succubus instead.

Or Vengeance. I have just made a new fit and will make a vid about it.
I’ll show how’s gone in a bit.

My Vengeance failed at applying Dmg…
anyway Dramiel active tank is at least 70 hp/s…

why did you ignore any advice ? your conclussion on YT is why the daredevil and succubus are used on this burner.

" We need to match the 763 webbed or 1500m/s unwebbed Dramiel velocity to apply full dmg…"

Because I used a Vengeance pre-nerfs and I had no problems, plus I have AF trained to V…
I made a new fit, tis time I could break its tank but only with OH launchers.
I’m close to defeating him. It’s a personal account.
Daredevil hull also is very expansive, I prefer not to lose that kind of isks.

NEW VID:

on the long run such fits cost you more than one proper investment.

Done! Double webs and RF or CN BC! ~10min
Vengeance Vs Dramiel Burner AF win!

For your Wolf, I really have no idea, sorry…
Vengeance has the best natural resistance profile, or if you
prefer turrets, try Retribution…?
I don’t mean it’s impossible with the Wolf, but it’s difficult…

congrats but still not effective. wrong tools for the task. :upside_down_face: