Announcement: God has Given the Achurans Over to Destruction

From my own experience I can say with confidence that a lot of my people take identifying “enemies” extremely seriously indeed. There is an absolutely pervasive attitude of “if you’re not with us then you’re against us”.

Considering historical events its not surprising, but it can be somewhat self-defeating.

2 Likes

Of course it is not surprising; we Amarr see the monsters we have created. Most here blame you for such weakness but I only half blame you. It is part of the reason I am still contrite about how the Reclaiming treated your people despite the constant attack we are under. We created this besst and now we must suffer with it until we can calm it.

But you are right; it’s quite self-defeating. I hope we can learn from this.

1 Like

That’s what you took from that? Really? Oh Noez, teh Feelz?

That’s a little ridiculous. But then, you do seem good at willfully misunderstanding. After all…

I’ve never said she should murder you in your sleep. I’ve tried to be her friend, Aldrith, and for a while there, I really thought she and I could find understanding on a lot of things. But no, every time I’ve asked her to help, to speak up, to encourage her employers to attempt to sway public opinion against slavery… it’s been slapped away. She’s refused to make any waves, to take any stand, even while acknowledging that the practice is something she considers abhorrent.

You say you want peace… you and I both know that I don’t agree that what you want is peace, but I do fully acknowledge that you want an end to the bloodshed.

More, you’re willing to at least raise the issue. You’ll even bring it up knowing your wife, Lord Consort, does not believe the same thing. You stand for something you believe in. Even if I don’t believe in it, I can respect that. Aria only ever stands for not making a stand.

She says she flies to protect the people she cares about, to care for her charges. If it were true, I’d say that’s laudable. But in the last three days, Maria Daphiti, one of her charges, has lost a ship four times, and been poddedWas Aria there? Was she protecting her charge? Was she making her stand? Where was she, Aldrith?

That’s where the rejection comes from, Aldrith. On every issue, the one thing she won’t do is make her stand. She’ll just deflect and posture, and keep on hiding from the world she says she wants to understand. But no, your Admiralness, I assure you, when it comes to that rejection, you have the order very wrong.

3 Likes

Yes, because you are responding to Vesper’s actions which are currently emotion-based, not philosophically-based. Of course she is using flowery language to obfuscate things; it’s what she is used to. But what is actually happening right now is plain as day to anyone with some familiarity with it all.

Vesper has come to love some people who are loyal Amarr. While not Amarr herself, she seeks to aid and protect these people where she may.

Some Minmatar seek to bring harm to these people she loves because they are Amarr. Vesper takes issue not because of who they are (Minmatar) but what they wish to do. The Minmatar, in turn, call her anti-Minmatar for being pro-peoplesheloves, which is untrue. This angers her, and she expresses it by purposely fitting the role they accuse her of out of spite. Or perhaps not spite, but resignation.

Understand now?

1 Like

Where I live, everyone is welcome and nobody is judged :heart:

3 Likes

Mr. Shutaq, I must disagree here. I personally like Ms. Jenneth, but to say that someone has become something they’re accused of because someone accused them of being that way is, well, asinine. Ms. Jenneth either isn’t what her accusers say she is, she is what they accuse her of by conscious choice that you, maybe she, rationalize as being the fault of her accusers, or she’s always been this way with similar rationalizations named prior.

Look, I’m not accusing Ms. Jenneth of anything here. Ms. Jenneth seems to be taking a stand on an issue, which might be something she needs to do. Maybe trying to remain neutral has been detrimental to her sense of self worth, keeping her tongue when she felt compelled to speak up.

Let’s just not say that someone is X because they’ve been called X. It’s not like Ms. Del’thul or Ms. Arrendis kept Ms. Jenneth in a secret chamber and broke her will until she believed she was what they said she was. Ms. Jenneth is her own person and stronger than you seem to think she is.

3 Likes

It is interesting, no, that relations between Aria and Arrendis remain so poor even after the revelation from God that they are both part of the same people, the Minmatar people.

We’re even better at fighting each other than the Empire. We Sebiestor have got waaay more experience beating on the Krusual than the Amarr.

3 Likes

Perhaps it’s because:

• Both being Minmatar would have little effect on their personal opinions
  • Your revelation may not be genuine
  • Your god isn’t relevant

What I want to know is, why do you care? Do you wish to help Ms. Jenneth and Ms. Arrendis repair their relationship?

2 Likes

Can I throw my metaphors and allegories in to the pot too?

See, the Empire is like a school bully. Their victim decides to fight back just once, and they go crying to the teacher how mean the victim was for hitting them back.

This is what I think every time I hear the Amarr or their puppets talk about the relations of the Empire and the Republic.

4 Likes

No. I want to them to gaze upon the Minmatarness in their souls, become disgusted by it, and sacrifice it upon the Altar of God, and thereby become Chosen.

Hehehehe. Who taught you to talk like a monk?

… don’t say such things like you’ve found your own path, though, Arrendis. You’re no more at peace with this world than I am-- in fact I kind of think you’re way less.

I’ve seen the way you talk about yourself, and us as a class. You find so much in this world, and me, and yourself, worth denouncing. You took beating me up in a way I’d really care about as being my friend.

Lord Consort Newelle … wants to think well of me. He’s right; I’m angry. But it’s not at you.

You’re a little out-there, you know? Do you remember the time you basically proposed having this current generation murder all the Amarrian faithful, and then wipe themselves out in judgment for that crime? Maybe you were just fooling around, but, the way you talk about this world … I think you really might be happy to see it end.

… Like I’d be so fragile as to believe just you, or Miz. You’re both kind of nuts, you know?

No … the one I’d really like to thank Is Ms. Rhiannon, who was kind enough to tell me I was her enemy, and to explain what that meant. Enemies try to destroy each other. Who explained that the only reason for the Republic to ever accept peace with the Empire … is to prepare for war.

It fits, you know? It makes total sense: why the Republic made nice with Heideran VII, the great peacemaker. While he was writing the Pax Amarria, the Republic was diverting resources it could have used for education and economic development to build the Elder Fleet.

And, it’s natural. It’s probably inevitable. A third of your population still left enslaved-- who could forgive such a thing? … the suprise would have been, if that had been something you could live with.

I didn’t believe you. But … that the only Matari pilot-- while being aware that capsuleers aren’t a representative sample-- the ONLY Matari pilot, speaking up for genuine peace? For dealing in good faith? Letting the past go, at least enough to move forward together? … that was Mr. Egivand. Who doesn’t even live in the Republic. And you all jumped all over him.

That I could believe.

I don’t blame you at all. But, that doesn’t mean I can just stand aside, either. Because I love this world. … and certain of the people in it. Whether I should or not.

So, go ahead and do what you have to, and I’ll do the same. Collect your bullets and gather your forces. I’ll help blow them up and bleed them away. Try to build your blood-soaked dream-- that awful thing you’re hoping for. I’ll try to bring you despair.

Maybe there’ll be another chance, later. Until then … okay. So be it.

I’ll be your enemy.

3 Likes

Sounds completely reasonable and not in anyway biased or racist.

Nope, not a all. No way. eyeroll

2 Likes

Uh … Ms. Ambrye? You’re better off trying a different tack with Mr. Nauplius. He’s racist the way most Caldari are materialistic: not only will he own it, he doesn’t see a thing wrong with it.

And, while it’s one more sad ingredient in what makes him who he is, it’s far from the saddest thing about him. That “million slave sacrifce” he mentioned?

… He wasn’t exaggerating. I persuaded him to call it off last year, but that was by using leverage I don’t have anymore. This year … I’m not too hopeful.

3 Likes

It’s more me voicing my own disgust with his attitude and worldview than me trying to change his mind. His faith makes him so, I want to say, “anti-human.”

2 Likes

Yeah. That’s a popular pastime.

2 Likes

If your referring to Aldriths thread, I’d like to kindly disagree with you on that.

2 Likes

I saw what you said, Ms. Vess. Maybe I didn’t get the same impression from it that you meant me to.

1 Like

I’m sorry Ms. Jenneth. Perhaps you can save him from himself, though I’m not holding my breath. Mr. Nauplius is at that point where he’ll have to do his own saving, I’m afraid.

2 Likes

… I … thought, once, maybe I could. You can see how it worked out.

I’ve even resumed shooting at him. I don’t know what else to do.

2 Likes