Announcement of Project Solace

I, Nauplius, do hereby request docking rights to the Project Solace station. My intentions are as follows: I shall dock a cargo shop stuffed with Freed Slaves, allotted the CONCORD minimum of 1 cubic meter each, and leave them there to become infected. Once infected, my associates will begin transporting the infected Freed Slaves all over the Minmatar Republic. God will be glorified in the destruction of the Minmatar through epidemic.

I pray that LUMEN does not interfere with this divinely offered chance at total victory over the Empire’s greatest enemy.

And this is why Project Solace must be destroyed.

That’s a rather callous way of viewing the capabilities of LUMEN, especially considering that they’ve already described setting up quarantine stations around the Astrahus.

Viavant also has more than enough experience handling viral entities, as it’s literally part of our night job.

1 Like

Dr. Carregan

Allow me to be the first to give notice to you Nauplius that in no way shape or form will Project Solace work with, for or aside you and your twisted and cruel idea of war. As of this posting consider yourself blocked and banned from Project Solace for eternity.

Good riddance.

2 Likes

Dr. Carregan

As the recent Tensions over Tanoo are seeming to calm down I am happy to announce several internal tests within Bio Spheres of our new Weapon. All tests have been successful with no adverse effects against unwanted targets.

With that said Project Solace is gearing up for a Live test deployment on a temperate planet. For security reasons said target will not be announced in till after the deployment. Initial prep should take a few weeks but we are expecting to be ahead of schedule baring any major issues. This is a wonderful achievement and we are this a giant leap forward in protecting ourselves against the Invaders.

Thank you

“Also: Bwahahaha!”

6 Likes

—LUMEN Official Statement—

On December 30th, LUMEN received a message from a ‘Dockmaster Matthews’ regarding an outbreak of a virus on the Project Solace citadel. It was indicated that a quarantine had been put into effect, but that they were going to attempt to escape and reach our citadel. Further, observation revealed that the citadel’s transponder was broadcasting an SOS signal. In response, we set up several rescue facilities capable of delivering advanced medical care with full quarantine measures, so that any escapees could be diverted to places where they would both be safe and where others would be safe from them.

On January 5th at 16:41, we received another message, confirming a time that ‘Dockmaster Matthews accompanied by a group of people planned to escape from the citadel, and further indicating the presence of a type of weapon that must never be used. At 01:00 on the 6th, the planned escape was attempted, with several LUMEN pilots as well as Dr. Quatrevaux being on hand. Ships from the Project Solace citadel engaged and destroyed the escaping Iteron Mark V transport, killing most of the passengers on board and recapturing the few who survived.

Information was also recovered from the wreck, and after forensic analysis, we can conclude that it is largely a collection of buzzwords that do not actually go together, and so it is highly questionable what, if anything, has been achieved by Project Solace. However, it seems they believe that what they are attempting to do is weaponize Kyonoke by combining it with Triglavian tech, which they appear to believe will somehow turn the Kyonoke into bacteria, which then is apparently controlled by nanites, and is then able, in their reports, to target specific individuals and not affect anyone else, so long as control is maintained over it.

Given the recent news release on the experiment, the report is clearly invalid. With that being said, at the time of the news’s release we had already procured some of the Kyonoke antidote, which remains effective. Consequently, we are standing down our quarantine and state of alert, but remain watchful for any scientifically verified threats.

6 Likes

I wish to clarify that my actions were wholly independent of LUMEN, as the alliance had not asked me to interfere and was unaware that I would be present. Viavant learned the same details that ‘Dockmaster Matthews’ provided to LUMEN, but only via word-of-mouth. That was how I knew to be present.

Viavant fully supports LUMEN’s decisions and stand ready to assist further should it prove necessary.

4 Likes

As the Security Director overseeing facility integrity. I have been permitted to issue a statement in regards to the unfortunate incident on 122.01.06. The Internal Watch would like to bring attention to the fact that managers of Project Solace have consistently maintained since the beginning that a quarantine was not necessary.

The destroyed craft at the center of this incident has been designated by the Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch as stolen craft at the hands of mutinous/criminal elements. These elements appear to have managed to steal a unidentified biological hazard material, and subsequently became exposed. Thanks to the actions of security and station personnel the risk was mitigated.

Due to this, it’s the belief of the Internal Watch that involved parties acted out of turn in response to this ruse. Buzzwords or not, we can confirm that the threat posed was real. Whether organizations acknowledge there was a risk or not is their prerogative. But with disregard for security measures in place those involved could have further placed a risk to populous outside our protective measures.

So, if I understand this statement correctly, LUMEN has determined that the Sansha facility is indeed experimenting with not only the Kyonoke virus, but attempting to weaponize it utilizing a combination of nanites and salvaged Triglavian technology? And that this experimentation will be allowed to continue without repercussion?

Despite the current effectiveness of the vaccine, I am frankly shocked that the Amarrian Militia, yet alone the Empire would allow such activity to persist in their space, especially above such a populated world.

A very telling sign of the current state of the militia forces indeed.

What exactly do you expect LUMEN to do about it, beyond what they’ve already done? Especially with Kyonoke being reported as neutered, it would be more hazardous than wise for them to attempt interference by force.

Your militia is in the middle of fighting a war (as much as I disagree with it). Your concerns are entirely valid, but they should be directed at the security forces of the Mandate and the Empire instead.

What do I expect them to do? Nothing of course. It is clear by their current inaction, that the Amarrian militia has become fractured with weak leadership. If issuing a war declaration and raising the needed ships to expel a single structure was a simple task for them, I have no doubt they would have done it already.

My militia? Mr. Quatrevaux, I run a nullsec alliance, I am not a part of any militia, nor do I have any particular investment in the situation either way, I’ve simply been following it for my own awareness, as I follow many goings on all over the cluster. I realized long ago that the militia wars were a farce, a play war to keep the empires sedated, nipping at each others heels to prevent escalation outside CONCORD’s control. Real wars have a natural conclusion. This is a pointless, endless, rigged stage that prolongs suffering and destruction with little concrete benefit.

If somebody steals from you and you do nothing about it, then all you are doing, is showing you are someone who can be stolen from. Inaction often sends a message just as clearly as action. Their inaction does not come because the Empire should handle it, it comes because they cannot.

2 Likes

I find it funny that you, in the same post, talk about LUMEN as if they are Militia, then get insulted when you are thought to be part of the same.

Fight on, sweet children of God.

4 Likes

You consider setting up quarantine posts, staging a dramatic rescue, and killing Drake Arson’s ship for interfering with that rescue to be “inaction”?

That is the same trite garbage as always: If you don’t wardec someone and blow things up in space, then it doesn’t count. It’s gatekeeping, to put it mildly.

I can’t speak for why LUMEN chooses not to wardec Project Solace. But Project Solace is clearly still in the hands of Drake Arson, and one can expect that he would ally his own forces into such a war. So I’ll tell you why I chose not to wardec Arson when he captured the customs office above my home planet as a means of interfering with our recovery efforts.

For one, Arson has made friends in interesting places. So even if I could wardec him, there’s a solid chance I’d wind up in violation of at least two alliance pacts, because some of my friends are also his friends.

For another, Arson’s alliance makes fighting a war the most tedious experience in all of space. I asked several of Viavant’s allies how they would feel about going to war with him, and every single one of them turned me down for this exact reason.

Or to put it simply for you: No one wants a war with Drake Arson.

Dr. Quatrevaux.

I’m glad to hear that the unhinged experimentations and the deaths of innocent workers aboard that Astrahus, not to mention the persistent danger to the inhabitants of Tanoo II and the Tebu Amkhiman, have provided suitably interesting entertainment for you.

1 Like

No. We have determined that there are unsubstantiated report of such, but that all news reports from more reliable sources indicate that they do not, in fact, have any samples of Kyonoke that could be used in such a way.

8 Likes

Don’t be silly. You don’t need to wardec someone. Just blow them up in space! :wink:

1 Like

Tanoo and Octanneve are both high-sec systems.

I never said you wouldn’t get CONCORDed. :slight_smile:

Firstly, I applaud your not so subtle attempt to make me appear callous and uncaring to the fate of an Astrahus worth of personnel, but I pay attention to events all over the cluster because I do care, even if it is not within my current capabilities to intervene. I doubt the leadership of most nullsec alliances gives two fedos what is happening outside of their direct vicinity and interests.

So there ‘unhinged experimentations and the deaths of innocent workers aboard that Astrahus, not to mention the persistent danger to the inhabitants of Tanoo II and the Tebu Amkhiman’ and yet I am gatekeeping by being critical of that fact that the Amarrians don’t appear to have even attempted to put together a coalition to destroy it because no-one wants to fight Drake and his alliance.

Haha. If you believe it is too inconvenient to even try, you have no moral standing to sit and judge me.

Again, I’m not speaking for LUMEN. What I said about Arson applied to a different scenario.

My opinion is that fighting his alliance would be a time sink and an ISK sink when the same, or better, results can be achieved by better means.

It’s not a matter of “inconvenience”.

I said that you were gatekeeping by alleging that no action matters unless it involves a wardec and space battles. Your stance on that has clearly not changed.

This is a very important word.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.