Announcement of Project Solace

I thank our hostess for taking the time out of her no doubt busy schedule to show me, and some others, the facility.

I regret to say that, after a detailed review of our notes, LUMEN’s position is unchanged as to the viability and appropriateness of the project and, therefore, LUMEN cannot support this project as presently structured and organized.

There is further, a concern, that at least one project element has attracted the attention of the Triglavians to this portion of the Mandate again.

Consequentially, it is again respectfully suggested that the project be moved, perhaps to less populated Null or low security space where the Triglavians have been making significant appearances and escalating their forces.

6 Likes

Shorai Aikyoraan Ramijozana was unable to tour the facility, and no other associates of Corovid Industries were invited to attend.

However, we highly value the opinions of Lunarisse Daphiti and her peers in LUMEN. Therefore, Corovid Industries supports LUMEN’s call for Project Solace to be moved elsewhere.

For those unfamiliar with the area, the Project Solace Fortizar is not only anchored over Tanoo II, but is a mere 11,000 KM away from the Tebu Amkhiman, where Corovid rents office space.

We encourage everyone, but especially allies of Corovid Industries and/or Viavant, to likewise support this call and refrain from doing business with Project Solace and its associated capsuleers.

1 Like

House Cerra thanks Doctor Carregan for making the facility open and for hosting the delegation of auditors and researchers to Project Solace.

Given the nature of the Triglavian threat, especially with the introduction of a new dreadnought-class vessel against those who are committed to defending New Eden, my liege lady, Lady Shalee Lianne Cerra, agrees that further research is of the utmost importance.

However, my liege lady reserves the right to wait to make a final determination on Project Solace until the rest of the facility is opened for examination, as not all floors were made available for public view. She thus looks forward to the next opportunity to review the facility.

Lord Reginald Sakakibara,
Lord Adjutant, Cerra Holding, Huola VII

2 Likes

Dr. Carregan.

I thank House Cerra and Lord Adjutant Sakakibara for there presence at the Tour. Many good questions were asked, and we have been able to approach our projects in a different view and make further progress. I look forward to a second tour of the remainder of Project Solace.

However, I cannot stay so polite for Directrix Aspenstar and LUMEN. LUMEN was approached before the birth of Project Solace, given the opportunity to guide the research in any way they felt was necessary. They were asked to help in creating Project Solace to fight back against increasingly hostile and dangerous threats by Triglavian Invaders.

Now here we are. They are welcomed to come aboard and tour to see what work we have created. All they have to say is that it is not enough for them. They criticize us for our approach, when they themselves were given the opportunity to help in that endeavor. Even during the tour, when asked for advise they declined to give any.

We have had set backs. We have made mistakes. But we learn from them. And we use this knowledge to continue the goal of stopping the Triglavians from coming after what is so important to us as citizens of New Eden.

We are small. We are underfunded, and we cannot continue at our best. But continue we shall for we are young, scrappy and hungry for the cure to stopping the destruction of New Eden. Project Solace will not be moved.

In related news, I am happy to announce a successful internal test of a powerful new device within our Biosphere. Tests will be ramping up to larger samples in the coming weeks.

Thank you.

Dr. Carregan,

A short urgent update. Early this morning there had been a incident on Project Solace that has required the closing of Project Solace station for a short amount of time.

While the incident is in the process of investigation and clean up I ask for patience and understanding for those with assets and clones onboard Project Solace. You should have your belongings returned to you very soon. More updates to follow as they are discovered.

Thank you.

I’m surprised.

1 Like

Speaks with a neutral tone with little stutter.

“I hope you know that the Triglavians are more than what you think. I’ve studied them like I’ve studied the Jove, the Drifters, and the Other. They are more scientifically advanced than us in horrific ways that may result in ‘extirpation,’ and they have tricks up their sleeves. Their society is built on the extreme version of survival of the fittest approach with a big helping of the self-righteous ‘our way or death approach.’ They view the world like a more scientific Amarrian reclaiming to a world of biological sinners. Who are the sinners? The Sansha. The Other. The Drifters, and whomever else sides or aligns with them. The Triglavians are a worthy ally because the Sansha, Other, and Drifters ignore and defile the law of one body, one mind.”

A “permanent solution to an existential threat by invading forces” can also be called genocide. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dr. Carregan,

With heavy regret I must inform that I am not able to announce the opening of Project Solace at this time. The Investigation of the incident on Project Solace is taking much longer then expected. We will persevere and I will have more information for those interested as it becomes available. The situation is well under control and citizens and persons of the Foritzar or Tanoo need not worry.

Thank you.

LUMEN has received a mail from someone claiming to be a worker on the Project Solace station, which claims that there is a currently uncontrolled virus on the station, and that quarantine protocols have been initiated. An SOS has also been added to the station’s registry.

Given this, LUMEN has set up mobile medical facilities in support of quarantine, with rescue teams standing by.

When we become aware of more detailed facts, we will provide them. For the time being we stand ready to provide whatever assistance is needed to ensure the safety of all.

10 Likes

Dr. Carregan,

There appears to be some miscommunication. No one from Project Solace spread such message and there has been no viral issues. If you have the identity of such person please let me know so we can investigate these claims. There was a minor explosion which triggered the investigation which is still ongoing. Please be free to remove any facilities as it is not necessary. Thank you for the concern.

Regarding the SOS, that was an error in an automated subroutine. It has been corrected.

Thank you.

Dr. Carregan,

Several " Quarantine" structure have been setup around Project Solace by LUMEN. These structures are not necessary and are simply making a mess of local space. Please remove them.

Thank you.

Dr. Carregan, given the severity of the claims we have heard compared to any quite minor ‘mess’ they may make, we believe the most sensible course of action is to leave them in place until for the time being.

6 Likes

I insist.

Dr. Carregan

I am happy to announce the re-onlining of Project Solace. The incident from earlier has been cleaned up and operations are back to normal. Any comments or concerns can be directed to my inbox.

Thank you

There was an incident in Tanoo in regards to these nuts.

Some people tried to escape the Project’s citadel. We dispatched Drake easily when he tried to assault them, but Shiran Mazaki from I-RED blew up the transport since we didn’t see him go suspect while in combat with Drake (because I-RED is blue).

We’re deciphering the data recovered and will have an official statement soon.

4 Likes

Interesting.

Did LUMEN intercept a distress signal from the vessel in order to determine the cause of its departure from the citadel?

Was any attempt made to contact Mr. Arson, IRED or the citadel command to determine the cause of their aggressive actions before your interference with their personnel?

I’d be curious to see a statement from Project Solace regarding the incident.

While I don’t presume to speak for LUMEN, I can answer most of your questions, as I was present for the entire event.

Project Solace is a stone’s throw away from the Tebu Amkhiman. We were aware that the reported incident at the facility was more dire than Carregan was letting on, and included a viral menace that required a quarantine aboard the station. As you can see in the posts just above this one, LUMEN had prepared quarantine bases and placed them around the Project Solace facility.

Viavant received word of a possible attempt at escape at 0100 on 6 January. From the Tebu, I observed that around that time, a cargo container appeared in space near the facility. Shortly afterward, an Iteron undocked from the facility and collected the cargo container. The Iteron was quickly intercepted by a member of the Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch (part of I-RED), who maintained that the ship had been stolen. The ship was also fired upon by Drake Arson. A handful of LUMEN pilots engaged his ship in hopes of stopping the destruction of the Iteron.

All parties were in communication via the Tanoo local fluid router during the episode and well after it. I-RED’s security officer maintained that he was only enforcing a contract to provide security services for the facility. His involvement ultimately led to the deaths of most of the refugees. Only five of them survived, and their whereabouts are unknown.

LUMEN did, however, retrieve data regarding the nature of Project Solace. That is what they’re in the process of decoding. At this time I can confirm the presence of the Kyonoke virus aboard the Project Solace facility. It appears to have been weaponized in tandem with something else, and that process was likely the source of the earlier reported explosion.

In case a reminder is needed, this entire process is happening in orbit of a heavily populated planet at the heart of the Ammatar Mandate, Tanoo II. Beyond the lives that were endangered aboard that station as well as the Tebu Amkhiman by proximity, the facility is a clear and present danger to the planet’s population. It must be removed, safely and immediately.

2 Likes

Mr. Quatrevaux,

I appreciate your summary of the event.

If I recall correctly, the last few times the Kyonoke Virus has accidentally escaped its containment, it caused a plague that wiped out 8 million people on Myrskaa in Oijanen within two months. If it is true that it was the Kyonoke Virus aboard the station, and people were indeed attempting to panic and flee, then I’m not sure I can fault the actions of I-RED who had orders to contain the pathogen at all costs. If LUMEN had succeeded in capturing the vessel, they would have risked infecting the rescue party, or worse might have risked spreading the virus inadvertently.

I hope, for transparency’s sake, that the full logs and findings of this encounter are made public, and that both sides are able to put forward their statements in regards to the incident.

On a hunch, I delivered a vial of kyonoke Cure that I had kept in cold storage since not long following the events of the Kyonoke Inquest, to Lunarisse Aspenstar aboard the Tebu Amkhiman fortizar not long prior to the referenced incident, so even if further infection occurred, it could have been curbed and removed as a threat.

I had no trust of this Project from its start, and this situation only reinforces that lack of trust.

3 Likes