Another "connection to server was lost" thread

Yo.

9 days ago I opened a new ticket with this very issue.
Provided LogLite data when I opened the ticket which included atleast 3 connection drop outs.
Network tests were run, as requested, and that results provided.

CCP - “We don’t see any issues on our end”

I’m sure that’s a standard boiler plate response for any issue that gets reported.

I had to prompt the GM to look at the logs I initially provided which detail the errors and stacktrace info.

The GM then replied with “your isp has had some issues” and gave me a link to Downdetector.
Bit pointless as the GM does not know my location within the UK nor which section of my ISP network I reside in.

An outage in London would not be causing this issue to users in Glasgow, and there were no reported issues in my local area.

Once again I had to prompt the GM to look at these forums and threads on r/eve where people all over the world have been experiencing the same issue.

Tuesday rolls around and I get a reply asking for LogLite data, and a quick guide on how to use LogLite.

Really, I’m not making this up.

I log a ticket providing all the data they would probably request and they don’t even bother looking at it in the first place.

Once again, me the customer, had to prompt the GM to look at the logs provided.

I would think that looking at the data provided in the first place would save you guys a load of hassle and pingpong ticketing.

2 Likes

I’ve also been having this issue intermittently for the past few weeks. If it continues I’ll also be raising a ticket. Hope you get it sorted.

The issue could very well be between You and cloudflare… if its not directly tied to CCP then its out of their hands unless they can get action done at cloudflare or you contact ISP to check for missing packets etc.

Hey dude,

My connection is solid, I only have trouble with Eve Online.
I suffer no lag, drop outs, poor quality in any other way or with any other application or service.
I use a VPN for work and I never get disconnects.

Support ask me to run a pathping and share the results, which I do, but they claim a server is not accepting connections just because it shows 100% packet loss.

100% packet loss doesn’t not show a refusal to accept connections, just that the server does not respond to pings.

If there is a problem with Cloudflare routing, then CCP need to contact CF to resolve it as I do not have a contract with CF nor am I a client of CF.

CCP hooked up with CF in order to mitigate the DDOS problems of last year, and since then I have been suffering more “connection to server was lost” issues.

But hey, we shall see what the GM replies with.

I’m getting CONSTANT disconnects (three times in the span of 5 minutes)… what is it with the VPN that allegedly fixes the issue?

I am, at this moment, dealing with random disconnects, “connection to the server was closed” and problems logging back in.

Not using any VPN,
Disabled all the firewalls, still no change.
Internet connection is solid, no outages, no glitches.
ISP not reporting any issues.

This is on CCP’s end, or the end of whatever service they are using.

1 Like

I just had my first " connection to the server was closed" . cannot log back in , cannot do anything. anyone has any advice for me? I do not want to deal with CCP on this cause I know they just do not care. I submitted a " support ticket" on their site and that is about it. I have zero IT skills when it comes to this sort of stuff, I cleared cache, reinstalled, restarted my PC, etc etc . Everything works fine on my end except EVE…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.