Ansiblex Jump Gate And why CCP missed an Opportunity

This is an open letter to CCP.

I know that WH was not INTENDED to be colonized, but it is the case, and will be for a long time, even if there the impression that you are choking us little by little.

I’m not active enough to talk about everything but here…
here…

You clearly missed something beautiful…

Let me phrase it:
you created Player made stargate.

The dream for colonisation…

And you don’t let Wh use it?

That’s just sad…

you could have given a beautiful piece of content for WH…

but no, once again, we are left apart.

there is nothing more to say on the matter…

3 Likes

If you are a wormholer just assume you are being ignored by CCP and just chill. Dont expect much from them.

5 Likes

yes, but still talking ^^

I prefer to do something and it serve nothing than do nothing.

If we stay quite and say nothing and show no presence on Forums ofcourse they will ignore us :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Know what I love about WH space? No gates.

10 Likes

/o\ if only there was a way to prevent ppl to anchor one these structures…
Oh… wait…

Joking aside, it’s the point of these structures. You CAN build them

But since it would take a good deal of effort to deploy them, it would create more interaction, more diplomacy, more fight also ^^

1 Like

I think WH Gates (even if they could get shot at etc) shouldn’t be implementet in the game.
In my oppinion even womholes that could made stable, so they don’t disapear aren’t a good idea.
Everyday new neighbours, that’s what i like about whs ^^

5 Likes

Well, i’not talking about removing the randomness ^^
The gates are something on top of the rest.
What could be even more fun is to make all those wh-gates public ( and it’s lore wise because there is no connection to the concord network to the infrastructure hub )
Thanks for the input. :slight_smile:

there is a difference between doing something cuz it is ‘realistic’ and doing something that will improve the gameplay and fun. this idea is not even near the latter. It removes the complete randomness and purpose of wh space.

Also how would you do ship mass? cant change that on a gate… just no and no again

1 Like

in what hell does that REMOVE something?
it ADD something, that is hard to set up and limited anyway.
By setting a link between 2 systems, you multiply by 2 the chances of having an active neighbour.

and For the “lore wise” I was talking about removing the access lists.

1 Like

it removes the element of randomness. it removes the element where your statics matter and not your *** jumpgates. With these jumpgates it doesnt matter what hole you live in. just put a jumpgate to wherever you want to be connected to. It removes the entire purpose of wormholes on its own. people wont rely on wormholes but on the gates.

But even if it was a good change you and the entire world knows CCP ain’t gonna implement it so might aswell drop the topic

3 Likes

what?
first a jump gate can be linked to a NEAR system, so it’s not “to wherever you want to be connected to”.
second, it’s max one gate per system, so it’s nothing like what you describe.
did you at least read what it was? or did you just got “anti” just for the sake of being anti?

changes are a good things, be them be bad or good (of course good changes are better ^^) and being just sad and “why bother” isn’t what I am.
so drop the topic if you want, but don’t make ppl drop it.

that’s just sad…

1 Like

wtf is a ‘near’ system in wh space? You know that with 1 jump gate a system you can still make an entire network right?
Also did you read my reply at all? With your change you could just live in a c3/2/1which has a highsec static so you have the best hauling network and put a jumpgate to some empy c5 which has amaing statics. No just no, it removes the entire purpose of having statics matter. Just like total mass, lifespans, max mass etc

4 Likes

you know that Wh are not “just” systems right? that they have constellation, distance, etc, so the limit of 5ly is still valid.
and yes I read it. and do you really think that if you do what you describe you will be left alone? that nobody will try to get it too? destroy you gate? to set their own?

and no you can’t set an entire stable network since you need to link it to another. So you still need your WH for 90% of the content.

I dont think the idea is not to have new neighbors, I think its to have 1 neighbor that is always connected to you.

He is if you maintain you gate with it.
given the fragility of those structures, it would not be a problem to destroy them (in the case an attacker deploy one in your system).

otherwise it’s simply a matter of click to remove the connection.

If you want jump gates. Then go to null. Adding them to wormholes completely defeats the point of them. And will just make j-space even safer than it already is.

2 Likes

How is it going to make it safer when it double the chances of someone finding one of the two holes you have?

By being able to bring unlimited reinforcements from either hole. So now large groups that have krab holes, will be able to bring the full force of their fleet down on you within minutes rather than relying on finding connections.

1 Like

not if you deploy your gate first, setting one in system, even if not linked will prevent the other to do so without forcing them to destroy it first.

and no “unlimited reinforcement” since it still need fuel.