Anti-Cloaking

So you’re taking away about the only real defense that people have against high-sec script running gank squads. Cute.

I don’t think you should make that presumption. Many ideas have been presented on the topic of anti-cloaking. Plenty are quite balanced and plenty will change nothing or close enough for alert players.

If by “balanced” you mean “major buffs to PvE farmers who feel entitled to avoid all PvP” then yes, they are balanced. In the real world they are not.

no. it will probably not hit cloak itself. b

it’s a pixel game not real world.

But there’s still a real world where game design concepts can be evaluated, one that is separate from the delusional fantasies of a player who believes that gankers are sociopaths.

some are some don’t. that changes nothing about cloaking. people still miss the difference between CLOAKING and AFK CLOAKING. I hope the changes will hit only the second

1 Like

They won’t. Any mechanic that can nerf AFK cloaking will also be a massive nerf to active cloaking, unless it is combined with nerfing or removing local (something the nullbears have proven to throw a rage fit over). If local continues to exist in its present form then most uses of cloaks will cease to have any purpose as there is no point in hiding when everyone in the system knows you are there and has already warped out and docked.

false. majority of PVE kills don’t involve cloaks at all. it’s just a fast tackle and/or lack of reaction of ratter to warp. also cloaks have many other uses than Afk camping. big AFK.

IOW, EVE’s dumbest players hitting the self destruct button. You balance around the smart players who will use local to be completely immune to PvP, not the idiots who will find a way to die no matter what changes you make.

think you missed my point there. I’m not against extinction of local.

Unfortunately too many nullbears are, and CCP has already backed down from their first attempt to remove it. But if local can’t change that means cloaking shouldn’t be nerfed either.

With CCP lack of understanding how the game works and the nullsec krabs counseling there is only a small chance this will not be a disaster for not nullbloc krabs.

just keep in mind this:

LOCAL DEAD: nullsec will be empty as ■■■■ majority of nullsec players will take action against it.

AFK cloaking DEAD: some tears here and there but majority of player base won’t care.

1 Like

LOCAL DEAD: fail-tier renter trash ragequit, strong PvP alliances survive and prosper. CCP’s income goes down because lots of renter trash stopped paying $15/month to farm, which is why it will never happen.

AFK cloaking DEAD: some tears here and there but majority of player base won’t care.

AFK cloaking DEAD: renter trash is happy because it can farm more effectively, majority of players don’t care because CCP is pandering to F2P cash shop whales instead of PvP players and PvP players continue to be a declining minority in a dying game.

witch renter trash broke your heart? looks like you got some hatred in there so problem is not in mechanics but in you…

then why I don’t see same ppl that think like you make a thread against skill injectors ?

1 Like

Because we’ve conceded defeat on that one. Skill injectors were a terrible idea that never should have happened, but CCP is clearly set on them being a thing and not going to fix their mistake at this point. But one bad decision by CCP doesn’t mean that they should make another one by nerfing cloaking to continue pandering to F2P whales.

still don’t know how a counter to .AFK ( big Afk so y see it this time) cloaking will make it harder to hunt " ratter renter thrash " if they suck so much should not be so hard to hunt them right?

Try understanding how local works then, because I’ve explained this over and over and over and over and over again. Removing the ability to keep your name in local for long periods of time means that a non-blue name in local is known to be an active threat, and if you see one you immediately dock until it leaves. Every RMT bot knows how to do this, and it’s exactly what every bot-like player will do. The only people who will ever be caught are the absolute dumbest players who will lose a billion ISK farming ship to level 1 mission NPCs if you give them a chance.

congratulations… you are now able to be hired by CCP. screwing active and non bot players to hit bots is a ccp level mastery.

No, I answered his question.

Yes, we are aware of the changes. We’ve been actively discussing the issue and various proposals with CCP for a few months now.

Mike’s answer is more circumspect than mine, but that’s because he’s being cautious, which is fair. I, however, am keenly aware of where the line is, so I comfortable saying that we’ve been discussing this stuff with CCP. The details are obviously NDA, but the fact that conversations are happening isn’t, especially since they put the info out teasing the changes.

4 Likes