Anti-ganking measures

nothing that can be done by a player should ever be done by an NPC. though you don’t really need a body guard. Pay attention and don’t make yourself a target.

the point is to avoid harassing new players not to be a safe haven

Code and similar corps are can.er, but they part of eve online unfortunately.But thanks to them I stopped sinking real money to eve online, and completely stopped playing eve :slight_smile: . After multiple encounter with them ( literally I done nothing) first they popped my noctis in high sec, then few of my mining barges, even when I was in a group they managed to kill me first it was enough for me to give upxD I love the game rly, but no reason to dock out with anything cuz code and similar corps gonna make sure to ruin ur day…I still accept the fact that they are part of the game, but not like itXD

4 Likes

If you’ve completely stopped playing, then completely stop posting.

4 Likes

My ship is as tanked as my skills allow, and I NEVER go afk.

Its possible to make no mistake, do everything right, and still get ganked… its an indication something is broken with the mechanics.

There should ALWAYS be some counter-play to griefers, the fact that there isn’t in some situations, is a problem.

2 Likes

Excuse the all-caps but I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

1 Like

It’s also possible to make no mistakes in a chess game and still get checkmated. That’s not a broken mechanic in chess, it’s just how the game is played. Sometimes you will lose no matter what you do.

Eve isn’t a chess game where all things are equal. Eve is about as far from chess as you can get; fair fights are almost never taken.

Bad comparison.

1 Like

In today’s incarnation, eve is trash that only caters to gankers. PA/CCP are coasting, selling SP and trying to extract as much cash as they can before it crashes.

1 Like

this system rewards such behavior thats was the reason because many people stopped playing eve myself inclusive , tried it again and now i see why i did it… ganking lvl 4 mission runners without any consequences shows me that the system is broken

1 Like

There are consequences - their ships get blown up by CONCORD and they take a hit to their security standings.

Those consequences may not be sufficient to deter them, but there are consequences.

Regardless, this is EVE Online. You are not safe in this game unless you’re docked up in a station, and even there you aren’t 100% safe from everything. Dealing with loss is part of the game. You want to run level 4 missions, you have to be ready to deal with gankers.

2 Likes

Should the consequences be more severe?

I don’t think there’s anything fundamentally wrong with how things work right now, honestly. I don’t think it’s a priority to change it.

5 Likes

In other words, the gankee’s job is to become less of a target for the ganker?

That’s a good start

1 Like

This is the way:

https://wiki.pushx.net/index.php?title=Asset_Protection

1 Like

The intelligence of most NPCs wouldn’t make for a terribly formidable guard, unless they were on par with CONCORD, which is overpowered on purpose. Gankers play the game of trying to kill targets, and part of the game we play as would-be targets is avoiding gankers.

The gankers play their game well. It’s our job to rise to the occasion and outsmart them, be prepared, make ourselves less appealing, and try to survive. That’s part of the challenge of what makes EVE fun.

4 Likes

Not everyone wants to accomplish being a PvP pilot but are more comfortable accomplishing being a MIner.

Gatecamps in Hi-Sec were never a thing to begin with.

Hi-Sec gankers get to employ the use of NPC’s in their game by pulling Concord away and making response times slightly slower.

Why can’t non-gankers also be able to employ NPC’s in their game play, just slightly though, like the gankers do, but in defense of their mining barges?