Any Official Limits on Exordium Yet?

Last time I looked, FC stated excessive mining is not allowed. I am not seeing any clear definition here. Does that mean massive mining operation by a corporation? Does it mean, if I jump in my venture with 2 medore lasers and spend 4 to 5 hours mining junk ore and chatting would this be considered excessive?

If they came up with a clear definition, link it.

Mine safe :pick:

FC did not come up with any written down definition anywhere yet. Restrictions are not formalized or put into mechanics.

The MER shows the mining volume going up with every month, hasn’t leveled out yet.

1 Like

Do you have any plans to massively exploit the extended safety of Exordium by massmultiboxing Exhumer Fleets with Orca Boosts all day long? No? Then you don’t need to care for a “clear definition”. If you exceed what they think is fine, they will let you know.

1 Like

FC tends to avoid using ‘clear definitions’ as we players then start to rules lawyer the hell out of them.

So they go the Potter Stewart route. (That ought to get some of you to go ask google a question)

m

4 Likes

It’s contextually understood what it means.

2 Likes

Question remains, who is doing all the mining? Is it the under 30 day new players or us over 30 days?

It is this letting me know part of that, which worries any of us. I would not like to get something started to then be told. Hey! Keep off the grass! Didn’t read the sign dummy? I seriously doubt even 3 small ventures is going to depleat an entire belt.

I will know it, when I see it. Odd you should use it as an example, I am currently studing law. I will be sure to use it in the future.
:wink:

To my understanding there is nothing in this new region beyond T0. I still hate the new grade system, :roll_eyes: It was “my take” they are asking CEO miners to avoid massive operations to depleat the belts. This would be far beyond my means as I am an alpha miner in a venture.

Mine safe :pick:

You don’t need to be worried.

Don’t “get something started” with the intentions to massively exploit the safety there by multiboxing miningships with boosts for hours and hours every day. Simple as that.

It is really simple. No player without these exploitive intentions will ever get a message saying “stop it, we don’t want that here”. It’s a bit like going into a club, there is no sign or contract explaining which words count as offensive and what exact behavior is seen as troublesome. Just be a nice dude and you are fine, don’t be an asshole is mostly enough. And if you have trouble understanding this simple concept, either the owner or the bouncer or both will tell you nicely to ■■■■ off. And then you better do it.

1 Like

All what mining? The output of exordium is basically a rounding error.

Don’t then?

They’ve actually been pretty clear about this! If you have a plan to “get something started” in Exordium:

-You shouldn’t have that plan
-That plan is stupid
-You should do something else instead

3 Likes

Power Armor stated the mining volume going up with every month. Are you saying they are wrong?

Okay then, what you are telling @Mike_Azariah and my group not to start giving away free ships in Exoridum. Do you hear that Mike? Our plans are stupid. If you had read my first post in this thread, I asked, Does it mean, if I jump in my venture with 2 medocre lasers and spend 4 to 5 hours mining junk ore and chatting would this be considered excessive?

How do you go from that to me, an alpha player, forming a massive mining operation? Not possible. I just need something to do, while I wait on people to snag a free ship from me.

Getting something started means; I have to fly at best “all my ships” from Tsuguwa ( former location of my Astrahus ) to various systems in Exordium. I cannot run them in a Bowhead like Mike does his, again I am not an omega or wish to pay transit cost for someone else to do it.

So excuse me for asking the obvious stupid questions, like will I get in trouble hanging out in Exordium mining the junk ore while handing out fully fitted ships. So sorry we can’t all be perfect little robots like you.

Mine safe :pick:

2 Likes

It’s much like this open source software license.

I think ideally they dont want anyone over 30 days doing anything in there that would keep a newbro from doing something.

Newbro wants to mine and find out whether they like it, only to find theres no ore in belts cause older players mined it all, is what FC wants to avoid. Older player wants to take newbro out to show the ropes and mine a bit, FC wouldnt have an issue i would think

And bringing mike into this? Why? He does nothing to take away from newbros.

Would you consider that excessive?

Do you consider yourself:
a) a new player
b) a returning player looking to find your footing again

If not, Exordium is not for you.

1 Like

Did you happen to notice who liked her post? Probably not. To the best of my knowledge Lucy is working along the same lines as Mike, she might be his protege, or perhaps just a colleague. Last year, I noticed her astrahus was destroyed where her corp hands out free ships.

My advice to @Lusty_Lucy_Cybaritic , I know you cannot anchor a new astrahus in Exo, that is not allowed. You are questioning moving a lot of fitted ships over 17 jumps one way, and through Uedama. :anxious_face_with_sweat:

I would be happy to help, assuming you can trust me to relocate fitted ships. The way I would perform this action, would be to pilot each ship one way, and deposit it in a contract back to you. Don’t place them in a cargo contract to me, I don’t have freighter. I can then self destruct in hangar, return to the pick up point and pilot the next one.

What about assembling the ships in Exo? Are the prices really out of whack with Jita? I don’t think so, if you are looking at frigates. Be sure to check Eve Tycoon for comparison shopping.

As for mining in that region, I mine in LS myself. I suppose to pass the time, I would play the germ connect the dots mini game? If you have plans for the ore, then you might want to state that in your next posting.

Most of your responders will just assume you are up to no good. Most people are under a false consensus bias. Where they believe their motivations are also your motives for doing anything. Everyone has this to some degree, appearing in all cultures. For example; a burglar might expect his neighbor is stealing from him, since the burglar robs houses for a living.

Have fun!

1 Like

You missed the target.

Just friends. He offered to help out, but I don’t normally take donations. Then someone gave him a mess of ventures and dropped them off at the station. He gives away fighter ships and my group gives away mining ships. Otherwise we are just two carebares who bumped into each other.

I appreciate the offer, but I am doing it one ship at a time for rigged ships, the non-rigged are being loaded into tayras.

Yes that is the case. At this time, I am looking at where my current supplies are located. Getting those to people who need them instead of building more overstock. No real plans for the ore, just something to do. I really don’t get into the Project Discovery, it is a strange game. When I looked up how to play it on Youtube, the person said to just draw a bunch of random triangles and you will pass them. I cannot play a mini game without a ruleset.

Yepp that’s me, up to no good, committing mail fraud, subverting the vulnerable, and cannibalism. Hey if you happen to know anyone in Exordium in need of a free fitted mining ship, it is my hobby when I am not out killing orphans. Have them drop me a mail in game. I play this game a few time per month, but I check my messages in game!

Mine safe :pick:

1 Like

No!!!

1 Like

It has “gone up” from an inconsequentially-small number to a technically-larger-but-still-inconsequentially-small number.

I think handing out ventures in Exordium is probably one of the least helpful things you could possibly do for a new player. The entire region averages fewer than 1 recorded venture loss per day, and new player content offers them up fairly readily. They have more ventures than they need already.

That aside, I think giving noobs mining ships and encouraging them to mine pretty much sets them on the path to an early quit. It’s boring, it primarily scales by adding accounts, and the SP investment is useless in other contexts. It’s a horrible new player activity and new players should be actively encouraged to avoid it until they’ve played the game enough to know why they want to mine.

2 Likes

Sorry we don’t only hand out the ventures. Did you think I cannot buy omega mining vessles because I am an alpha? BRUCE trains players how to mine, and mine safe. If they take the fully fitted venture worth 10 million ISK and wonder off, that is fine by me. If they stick with the program, they gain so much more.

We don’t recruit either, so don’t ask. Any BRUCE miner can tell you, it’s more than wealth, a prize we crave. The journey’s thrill, the depths we brave.

Mine safe :pick:

I think that pioneers and barges are equally useless inside exordium. It is a tutorial zone and it gives you everything you need for the content found inside of it. They shouldn’t be there long enough to need free ships. There isn’t content worth doing there with the free ships.

Arguably, just handing someone their first barge or first cruiser robs them of some of Eve’s earliest opportunities for a sense of achievement, and for what? They should be out of Exordium before they’re even able to sit in a medium ship, let alone use it effectively.

Yes, and as I explained previously, I don’t think that’s necessarily an effective way to help new players get a start in the game.

1 Like

I am not telling you how to play this game.

I am telling you, that is how I play this game.

Mine safe :pick: