Any theories on why so many people have quit over the last 2 years?

That you even have to ask…

I’m sorry, i guess i wasn’t “in your face” enough. :slight_smile:

You’re* :blush*

Your = You refer to something the person owns.
You’re = You are.

Are you dilcsexy?

Dislexicans were an old, ancient group of Transformers suffering from a bug in their programming, forcing them to switch letters in words and numbers. They’ve died out eventually, because they’ve always kept crashing onto moons, planets or into stars.

1 Like

Dang!! spelling :flushed:

Thought you where (:grin:) were on about something else, wrong end of the stick there… no… wrong stick entirely :worried: not sure it was even a stick to be fare fair :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You fair :grin: well on the forums, but you’re spelling some times is altright attroshus! :smiley:

1 Like

To be fare your not wrong :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: [ sits back & waits :wink: ]

1 Like

OH BOB, PLEASE MAKE HIM STOP! :tired_face:

:grin:

1 Like

Leave me out of this…

3 Likes

I read it. The best post in the thread was the last one where CCP Falcon wrote that he was closing the thread due to ranting.

I don’t see stopping nerfing as a nerf. I am not talking about balance issues. These issues like suicide ganking are not balance issues. The anti-ganking side would love get that narrative accepted by CCP as what better way to combat suicide ganking than by Dev fiat?

Ahh but stopping nerfing wouldn’t be enough you’d have to reverse nerf to get back to how things were… so, nerfing :wink:

1 Like

Now you are putting words in my keyboard.

Reversing or undoing nerfs probably won’t let us “get back to how thing were”. IMO, we are talking about a complex adaptive process. As such, simply undoing a nerf probably won’t let us “go back”.

Second, I did not say undo previous nerfs, that is a position you ascribed to me.

Third, undoing a nerf, in some instances may not be a nerf but a buff.

1 Like

(of a substance) allowing water to pass through; permeable.

LOL, so we finally get a game where we can create content and all you do is complain…I have had some of the coolest gaming experiences of my life right here in Eve online.

4 Likes

how does, what he said, mean he complains? he’s absolutely correct with that statement.

Same. I’m always shocked at how people never realize that if they aren’t having fun at something when other people are that doesn’t mean the thing isn’t fun, it means THEY are boring and the activity just isn’t for them.

I hear it all the time about PVE for instance, yet I’m PVEing (most experimenting with various things) every time I play EVE for the last 10 years and having a damn blast still.

I once heard a saying that was apt: “If you aren’t having fun in a sandbox, it’s not the sand’s fault”.

1 Like

That is true of almost every discussion of this form. You have two sides that not listen to the others arguments but just try to score points with their own views.

However, we learned a long time ago that it is bad to let the carebear views stay there on the forums unchallenged since that will just be a silent agreement that their ridiculous ideas have merit. There was a time when no one cared what they say and that is when the majority of nerfs happened.

There are people actually reading those threads sometimes and they form an opinion based on whats written. If the carebear argument is unchallenged that is the only view they will be exposed too. If we however present in a eloquent fashion why their ideas are ridiculous and why it would harm the game we can sway that opinion in our favour. And since their ideas actually are ridiculous it is not really difficult to make a good counter argument.

So please don’t think this discussions are here to win an argument against those people with the ever flawed ideas. if you think that then you will obviously grow bitter. This discussion as almost every discussion is for the audience.

3 Likes

Just thought I’d log in to reply to the OP.

I stopped playing shortly after the fountain war concluded several years ago for a number of reasons. I haven’t kept up with the game either. I just stopped playing because I didn’t have the time to invest. I work alot now and have alot of real life stuff that takes up most of my time. Now-a-days, it makes more sense to log in to my mechwarrior online account, play a few games, and then eat dinner and get ready for bed. I guess I could play on the weekend but I just couldn’t be bothered.

One of the biggest gripes I have with the game is something that’s bothered me throughout the many years I played. The thought that there are people out there with dozens of mining alt accounts having such a huge leg up over me was very uninspiring if not down right discouraging. I have several capital ships and tons of other toys. So I’ve achieved some cool things in the game. Being apart of the fountain war and participating in capturing that region of space was the height of my eve career. I felt like after that was all over with and done I lost interest. Also the increase in PLEX prices also played a factor in my leaving. I would usually pay for a few months and then buy some plex during that time to help cut costs of RL money (I got bills to pay IRL.)

I dunno. Just…things in the game I guess kinda pushed me out and real life flicking me in the back of the head. So I just walked away. shrug

EDIT: I’d also like to point out that I’m one of those players who don’t actively work to create content for myself. I usually rely on others to create content for me. So sitting around looking at my toys in the station was boring too. That might sound lazy, but I just don’t have the creativity or drive to create my own entertainment in the game. And grinding NPC’s isn’t my idea of entertainment. So yeah. I’ll just leave it at that. Take it for what its worth. Hate it, love it, IDC. I’m not playing currently so insults won’t do much of anything. Hopefully those of you who read this can take something from it and maybe apply some new ideas to the game. Good luck!

1 Like

for me at least I stop playing and coming back due to number of reasons,

1. this is a sandbox - so it takes some time to find a niche, then out of the blue CCP changes mechanics so profoundly you need to change your niche in order to adept.

2. It’s very hard to find nice people to play with, wither as opponents or as allies everyone are so paranoid or rather trolling and toxic all the time… it’s just a game about pixel spaceships… no need to be that serious.

3. and mostly, while in other mmoS out there it’s very easy for me to join a group of players and do stuff together, in eve I need to be cross interrogated and supply apiS each time and fill forms… bleh… it’s more effort then it ttok me to get accepted to my current job… I just want to play and have a good time.
    I understand that due to spies and AWOXing people are careful but even with that truth, it is cumbersome to group with people.

4 Likes

that’s horrible…

He is complaining about the game and it is clear to see. He actually is 100% correct from his perspective alone. I am taking his statement for his opinion alone, I have my own perspective where I think the game amazing.

I can’t help it, I feel I have to counter negative comments about this game because I would like the people reading this to see a varied opinion about Eve. I want more people to join Eve and have epic fun and I want CCP to continue making money so that they are in a good position to maintain Eve for me. :slight_smile:

mistaking everything as opinion is a mistake. it leads tk people, who don’t know facts, to misinterpret them as opinion.

he is absolutely correct. the game on its own is boring. if it wasn’t for the people, no one would play it. as a single player game there’s no reason to do anything, because without players there’d be no market, no ships, no point. the game, by itself, has nothing to offer, except for the braindeadest of people maybe. there’s nothing in it that could keep any sane person playing for a week.