Any theories on why so many people have quit over the last 2 years?

Getting people back who do not pay for their subs is not going to work.

1 Like

talking about more then that as i already do that

Yeah I hear you. Have you tried trying to keep some further away mission hub markets seeded?

if ur talking to me then no, but i dont do it for the money, i just do things to keep me occupied, i just want more fun things to do in highsec i dont care if it makes me money or even a little

Ganking miners is pretty casual and fun. Login, dunk some miners, log out again.

1 Like

i don’t think he’ll deal well with the 15min GCC.

I specified the context :

Cheers

Why not? GCC is perfect to do PI or some industry stuff while you wait.

the context is irrelevant
ganking is ganking as per the dictionary definition
what you described is suicide ganking
which can often be shortened to ganking with the assumption suicide is involved
they dont mean the same thing though
what you described is specifically suicide ganking

1 Like

How much iskies do you make?

Not every one of them is going to have 100mil SP+ like me.

You got any ideas or only vacuous platitudes to offer?

Oh well, you got 100 million SP…yeah you should get to play for free. And me with my 150 million plus, why CCP should pay me! :roll_eyes:

There is no magic bullet here. There rarely is. In fact, bringing a significant portion of those players back may simply not happen no matter what CCP does.

Context is never irrelevant. If i said “in the dark ages educational books were illegal” you cannot then tell me that “context is irrelevant” and i am mistaken that educational books are currently illegal. The context is the basis for the entire communication.

They already have a F2P model. They lose nothing by letting people who already aren’t paying to play for free. It’s a zero sum. Why are you one of those people who hates choice? Does having more choices scare you?

OP you’re wrong about content, a meaning, big, jesus feature content is lacking, and no 2 big expansion per year policy also makes people go away.
You don’t have any info about eve in game industry because of lacks of big expansions, and secondly, skins, quality of life tweaks, balance tweaks are not important for new and fresh players so for most peoples eve is lacking new cool and fresh content, and without it players are dropping (hint: everyone starts in HS and mooooost of them are there for weeks, months or even years so updates that’s are for veterans are not for new players)

i dont understand your analogy but in this case the context is irrelevant because it has no bearing on your argument
in eve online we have a specific term which is suicide ganking which is used to differentiate from ganking
because its a specific style of ganking
just because the term ganking covers suicide ganking it doesnt mean its the only type of ganking

what youre saying is like calling a motorbike a vehicle
therefore cars arent vehicles because we already have vehicles and theyre motorbikes

1 Like

It’s not about the people who aren’t paying anyway. It’s about the people who wouldn’t be paying anymore if they would just lose their ability to train.
I don’t even know what I am training right now on my four accounts, because it doesn’t really matter anymore. I can fly and do everything I need well enough (which is basically everything except mining and flying titans). Could as well safe that ~50 bucks per month. And I’m pretty sure, there are a lot of people like me still playing - at least I know plenty.

1 Like

Jesus…

Of course they lose something if they let you have access to all your SP you doofus. They lose my fecking sub you boobie.

I have over 150 million SP. I can already fly a substantial list of ships. I can go on any fleet because I can fly any doctrine ship, and even worst case scenario I can fly all logistics ships.

So yeah, they’d lose something.

Holy crap, can’t believe I had to explain that.

1 Like

My analogy was fairly simple. Take from that what you will.

Oh, and choice always entails costs, even if it is just opportunity costs. But what you are trying to do here is shift the costs back on to CCP not just for yourself, but also for me and everyone else who feels they have “plenty of SP” and would stop subbing if they could get access to their full allotment of SP.

You basically feel that you should be free riding off of new players and their expenditures. Free riding in t his context is bad in that it is the kind of free riding that results in an under-provision of the good. And since we are talking server costs and servers are either on or off we’d probably end up with off or maybe a really crappy server. And chances are you’d be here complaining about that as well. :roll_eyes: