Any theories on why so many people have quit over the last 2 years?

None. It about pays for itself. But why would I want to make ISK if the thing I like pays for itself?

A true Eve player will never actually quit. Yeah they talk allot of ■■■■ about leaving and go on year long breaks but I don’t think all of them sell their assets delete their toons and never return, sorry I can’t see it.

1 Like

Any thoughts numbers how many ex-CO2s are quit?

EVE Online is an old MMO, soon 15 years old.

It needs very new creative content, and that be connected with the need to fly through space.

Some ideas:

1. Getting down to planets surface and link that with space ships. commerce, pirates, trading between space regions, etc.

Planet surface activities could be a new game in itself (shooting, wars, commerce, planetary industry raiding) and players need to fly between planets / stations to prosper in that activities.

1. New player strategic command and control linked with new player build structures: The jump gates. Maybe this is already coming.

2. More dynamic and deep interaction between NPC Empires and players. Factional Warfare was a good addition. It will improve gameplay and player options. Link this with number 1,

1 Like

maybe we could even bring out a new tier of destroyers with orbital bombardment and call the new game dust 314

1 Like

Unlimited wardecs.

CODE.

CFCGoons.

There is your answer. Feel free to deny the truth, but the truth does not require your acceptance of it.

2 Likes

That may be your truth. To others, the statements you made are just silly and aren’t true.

2 Likes

Nope, CODE. create content and thus keep people playing.

Maybe unlimited wardecs are an issue, but only since watchlist was removed and it became a necessity.

The truth requires substance, not conjecture and bias.

1 Like

Jeffrey Dahmer created ‘content’ too… but doesn’t mean it was good content for anyone other than himself.

1 Like

jeffrey dahmer didnt play eve

But if Eve was around back then perhaps he would have played Eve instead of killing and dismembering a bunch of people in real life. He could have his spent his nights declaring unlimited wardecs and ganking with CODE. before joining Goons and organizing Burn Jita, the whole time generating content and harnessing his natural evil to bring excitment to the virtual playground of New Eden.

Regardless of this hypothetical, I am pretty sure any decline in the game is not due to too many interesting things or too much content in the sandbox. At least I’m gonna need to see something pretty compelling to convince me that overstimulation is the problem, rather than what seems more likely to me - boredom - is what is driving people away.

3 Likes

What kind of player would he be if he did?

CCP looked into this and found no evidence of this being true.

3 Likes

highsec miner i bet

4 Likes

He just wanted to relax…

2 Likes

He was a real person, in real life doing real life things. CODE. are playing in a virtual world which is almost completely meaningless and just for fun.

I find your lack of minerals disturbing.

1 Like

Next, he’ll be coming for our precious bodily fluids! I say we war dec him just to be safe.

1 Like

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous carebear plot we have ever had to face?’"

I can no longer sit back and allow carebear infiltration, carebear indoctrination, carebear subversion and the international carebear conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids!

4 Likes

Riiiight. suppressing a player’s ability to simply undock doesn’t cause this ‘boredom’ you speak of that drives people away… Nothing speaks to content better than preventing it in the first place. If you want ‘content’ take a trip to somewhere in null and say hi to the lowsec inhabitants on the way. They’ll give you all the content you want.

But, we all know you won’t because they are ready and WILLING to fight back.

1 Like

What do you mean by “suppressing a player’s ability to simply undock”? I did not hear of such a game mechanic until now. That sounds like a seriously flawed game mechanic indeed. I mean it should always be possible to undock right?

2 Likes