Any theories on why so many people have quit over the last 2 years?

I’m really feeling your planet surface ideas.

I used to be that guy where the aggressors would camp my undock. After a while I got bored but it occurred to me that I did’nt have to play the game in an orthodox way.

I figured If I had 6 character slots on 2 subscriptions then I should use them. All of my toons can go make money if one is camped. I have a toon that never docks in 0.0 NPC I just cloak him up in a quiet system and log in and earn with him, I can log in as a hi sec alt and do missions, or in a couple of locations around Stain.

As I said in a previous post here, never be afraid to create a toon in one of your 3 slots and keep him in an NPC corp doing missions. I know this is unorthodox but it will secure your earning. Create another toon to join a hisec corp hell bent on fighting the wardeccers and have some fun.

I think this will become a good way to play eve.

6 Likes

We even pushed for a patch to have Quafe fluoridated. Just in case the “PVP people” found out about our fluoridation process to make people love each other more.

You don’t have “Undocking Suppression Module” on your ships? I do. It is so much more awesome for both of us to be bored.

I approve of this post…all except the use of the term “toon”. My God man, show some dignity! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s not about YOU it’s about THEM

:roll_eyes:

Threads like this don’t hit 800+ replies because maintaining the status quo is a great idea. The thing you advocate for is actively failing in real time, the thing I advocate for is still an unproven variable.

If alpha simply meant no more active training I’d stop paying for my accounts and CCP would lose 3x the account revenue. I’m sure I’m not the only one meaning they’d lose considerable amount of revenues.

I am all for trying to increase player retention, bringing back players who have left, and increasing new player subs…your idea though is terrible from a revenue stand point, and since CCP needs to keep the server running and pay their staff your idea is also terrible in general.

1 Like

Eve has been around since 2003 - 14 years and a lot of players would have died in that time.

1 Like

Or lost their hands and couldn’t play anymore!

5 Likes

If you change hands at 99 this shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

I know of at least two players that play EVE without hands.

3 Likes

They’re in your basement aren’t they Salvos?

3 Likes

Sometimes I play with only one.

2 Likes

Now that does not surprise me… :wink:

Bounty placed on you
Sent: 2017.04.02 18:21

Dracvlad placed 315,315 ISK in bounty on your head.

How very cute of you :slight_smile:

I actually got this notification today, that’s how often this character logs on :rofl:

1 Like

Well if they can do it why not me, it was just for fun, I am glad you found it funny o7.

PS It is rather funny but most posters on the Eve forums hardly log on to the game…

2 Likes

Sorry if this is old topic, but I was gone for about 8 months. For me it was nothing more than real life just getting too busy. I personally don’t have any issues with the game, I think for a lot of people it very well just may be an overload of information. if you play the game you almost inevitably visit the forums and thus must learn the decades of lore that have been built.
I’m fairly sure for some newer players it’s just the fact that there’s always so much going on, and they’re smack dab in the middle of it. I had a group of 8 or so friends join who left within a month because there was always a war right outside their doors.

Seen them on Twitch.

One guy is paralysed from the neck down and iirc the other was a gal that played with her feet.

That was when I realized how important it is for CCP to do as much as possible to create UIs disabled persons can use as well.

2 Likes