Any theories on why so many people have quit over the last 2 years?

For all the people saying that Fozzie sob system does not bring fights, look at this:

https://zkillboard.com/related/30000572/201709291300/

Then read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/73dt17/fraternity_fqq_brawl_aar/

Eve in terms of 0.0 is actually in a good place if people actually get out of their comfort zones and act like they did when the game first started, it is not as if they don’t have ISK to burn.

Too many people have got fat and lazy…

2 Likes

Now if only they would nerf bumping then the game would be fixed again and millions would come back to play eve, right? Right?

6 Likes

Wrong…!

PS what is buming, do you know my CEO by any chance?

corrected the error, maybe you undetstand it now.

Still wrong!.

PS What is undetstand?

1 Like

Something you don’t.

Should probably stop writing on my phone. Lol

Well I was talking about major PvP battles in 0.0 which you do not understand…

PS You should stop using the phone…

1 Like

How can I not know about null wars if CODE. is basically Goonswarm in your world. Even for a crackpot you are very inconsistant.

4 Likes

I talked about null sec and sov and you said buming for some odd reason, and you call me a crackpot, lol…

I think that’s pretty straight foward - unwind the changes that they have made starting with the safety switch. Won’t happen ofc. Ccp just likes doubling down on failure.

2 Likes

HS bump/gank has definitely caused some players to leave, but on the other hand it has also caused some players to stay.

I think overwhelmingly those players that left due to HS bump/gank, did so cause they overstuffed their hull and, worse, became complacent/careless (either due to ignorance, laziness or greed).

So in other words, they left as a result of their own mistakes, not because of the actions of others. Before anyone calls this “victim-blaming”, it isnt. Its just recognizing that someone that loses substantial assets due to their own mistakes is understandably going to be upset and often try to assign blame to anything/anyone except themselves.

Even after that, which is futile, and they have vented their rage, they are left with the hard fact that they have lost significant assets they have played for, and have to start regrinding them.

Such is the reality of games with permanent loss, such as EVE, and which many players are unused to due to the lack of such games on the market and in their personal previous gaming experience.

They approach “loss” with the wrong mindset, as of yet.
They havent (famously) “HTFU”.
Its all fun and games, till the rude awakening of what EVE is.

In any case, Id think this is only a very small cohort in EVE, and barely makes a dent in the overall player attrition in EVE.

CODE makes a lot of noise about their activities, cos they are CODE and thats how they roll, but their actual impact is very small in the grand scheme of things.

One thing I can’t remember seeing in this thread is that there is a lot more spaceship games nowadays than in the first decade. Some of the players must have come to EvE because the options were very limited. You could probably count the noteworthy space games with fingers in one hand between 2000-2010. Two hands at most.

Today? Way more games to choose from. EvE is still the only one of its kind as a sandbox online mmo but whether it is shooting, exploring or building, there’s a game that focuses on that, and does it in a way that might appeal to some better than EvE.

The EvE player decline started in 2014, which happens to be around the time when more space games started coming out. I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think that those might have peeled off some of the EvE playerbase.

2 Likes

I dont think SC or Elite has peeled off any significant numbers of players.

EVE furthermore is a game that can easily be played alongside other games.

I hear what you say, you see they took a big risk and it did not work for them, most of who perhaps did not want to bother doing it properly which is spending a large chunk of their game time moving stuff. Time rich people get an advantage you know :-))

But the damage to hisec was done when they left all the mining ships with the tank of a wet paper bag following the buff to destroyer DPS, in the two and a half years after that every single person that I had met in the first couple of corps that I had met and went mining with as a new player were no longer in the game, not a single one out of 20 players. And I am told that this is meaningless…, lol.

I don’t know what to do when someone states something so removed from reality.

It’s like when a creationist asserts that there’s not one scrap of evidence for evolution. I just… I don’t know where to take it. It’s a quite disarming bit of nonsense, bravo.

#Draclivesmatter
#Gameunfair

4 Likes

Effort

There you go projecting again, yawn…

We are talking about Eve mate not RL religion which you should not do, I don’t as a rule flag inappropriate content as I believe in freedom of expression but you are getting a bit off topic even for you.

PS One religion has in its holy book that the sun sets in a muddy pool at the end of the flat world…

I just never saw the appeal of SC. What even is that game meant to be? I just don’t see other space games treading on EVE’s foot unless they want to try and approach the meta-complexity that EVE has. Yes there are potentially more “fun” space games than EVE, but those have already been and gone (talking about TIE fighter games, really any space shooter you pick) so EVE markets the MMO/economic side of thing. That’s kind of all EVE has going for it really, the potential to influence your environment rather than merely being some good fighter pilot.

2 Likes

WTB a proper Wing Commander or Privateer MMO.

Also, I sunk years of my youth into X-Wing/TIE Fighter.

1 Like

EVE is actually what I found when I was looking for something like Privateer with multiplayer.

2 Likes