Anyone else see the commissioning

(Ramona McCandless) #1

My work is making me watch the commissioning of that ridiculous piece of rubbish HMS QEII.

Anyone else having to look at it?

(Val Kaleth) #2

Nope :thinking:

(Keno Skir) #3

Nah. Cool ship tho.

(Ramona McCandless) #4

Eh. Ive seen better.

(Commissar Kate) #5

Build a real carrier next time. One with catapults. :wink:

(Val Kaleth) #6

What would said catapults fire? Please say they will launch British nobility…

Doesn’t have to be at anything, just launch them to a place far far away. Except the Queen, she is cool.

(Pink Cody) #7

Steam catapults used to assist launching Harrier jets from British aircraft carriers… until they sold all the remaining Harriers to the US Marines of course.

(Commissar Kate) #8

French Dassault Rafales :smirk:

Nah, how about some Super Hornets or F-35C which is the proper carrier version and not some silly overweight vertical landing version (F-35B).

(Jeremiah Saken) #9

No atomic drive?

(Commissar Kate) #10

It’s powered by a pair of gas turbines for high speed maneuvers and diesels for cruising. The MOD said it was cheaper to go with conventional power and I think the nuke haters said something about it too, plus not every country welcomes nuclear powered ships in their ports.

Still a shame though that it’s not a CATOBAR carrier (think US Navy and French carriers with catapults and arresting gear) which are more capable but also more costly.

(system) #11

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.