Anyone run multiple accounts on multiple monitors ( 4 accounts - 4 monitors)?

(Metalloid) #1

What type of hardware do you use to get optimum graphics?

(Foggy Bernstein) #2

I used to run three monitors. Now I run one.

But that one monitor is a 38" ultrawide 3840x1600. And coupled with my 6800K + 1080 displays 4 accts @ 60 FPS just fine.

You really don’t need a high end system to multibox. I’m guessing you could do it on a laptop if you really wanted to.

(Dravick Afterthought) #3

I run two monitors, and up to three copies of the client, on an old (10+ years) AMD X6x6 box with 8Gb memory and a Nvidia GTX560 video card, under Wine on Linux Mint 17.3. The monitors run at 1920x1080 and 1280x1024. The 3 clients running together don’t push any of the CPUs to 100%, or the memory into paging, so each client is actually a pretty light loading on the system. The only time I see lag is when entering/leaving certain stations or in frantic systems like Jita.

Related question - can anyone recommend a reasonably cheap video card which will allow me to run 3 monitors together on this set-up ?

(Botchi Goto) #4

Define reasonably cheap? the 1050 is about 120USD

(Dravick Afterthought) #5

I want to spend as liitle as possible :slight_smile:
What make is the 1050 ?

(Tzar Sinak) #6

I watched a person streaming 25 accounts on one monitor. Mind you he was very well organized as he obliterated freighters.

(Bloodclart Raider) #7

GeForce Nvidia 1050 though I think a Radeon R7 will manage 2 clients at half the price, it depends on how high you want your graphics settings, on minimum you can run Eve on fairly low specs but on high it’s a heavy resource consuming application.

(Zachri) #8

Pen & paper.

(Dravick Afterthought) #9

Sorry, your comment on the Radeon has confused me a little - to be absolutely clear, are you saying that a single Nvidia 1050 on it’s own will run 3 monitors at once ?

(Bloodclart Raider) #10

I don’t know, I doubt it, the possible requirements are not simply to be able to run a monitor being able to run 2 clients on the same monitor does require more resources than running 1 client. A graphics card could have 2 outputs neither of which are capable of running Eve.

(Dravick Afterthought) #11

Sorry, I asked “Related question - can anyone recommend a reasonably cheap video card which will allow me to run 3 monitors together on this set-up ?” and you replied with “GeForce Nvidia 1050”. If that won’t run 3 monitors then what question were you answering ?