Apollo 11 CNN Footage

The new footage of the engines lifting slowly off the pad was awesome! You could almost feel the mass and the power.

1 Like

You have a link to it?

1 Like

There was this old piece of awesome…

Maybe it’s new footage?

1 Like

It’s not that, it was close up, the engines fill the entire frame.

1 Like

It’s a special on CNN. I don’t know if there is anything online.

1 Like

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/231373283_Management_of_the_Salt_Cake_from_Secondary_Aluminum_Fusion_Processes

Management of the Salt Cake from Secondary Aluminum Fusion Processes

https://www.researchgate.net/journal/0888-5885_Industrial_Engineering_Chemistry_Research

Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (IND ENG CHEM RES)

For industrial chemists and chemical engineers, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research is the reliable and current source of new fundamental research, design methods, process design and development, and product research and development. This state-of-the art journal contains original studies in the areas of: Applied Chemistry, Kinetics, Catalysis, and Reaction Engineering, Materials and Interfaces, Process, Design and Control, Separations, General Research.

1 Like

I have an old 8mm film of the Apollo Moon landing that I bought from an antique stores years ago for $10. I haven’t been able to watch it but from the condition of the film seems to be really good.

I keep it locked away in a thick foam tub that keeps moisture from getting inside that also contains a few books from the late 1800’s that discuss early EM and other fascinating stuff that was becoming popular because of Einstein.

2 Likes

Funny they use the same system development process methods for the smelting , foundry, welding (electrical systems specific calibration properties), as for the chemical processes used in the fuel and the engine cooling systems, for the Apollo (11) program and project.
https://polytechnic.purdue.edu/degrees/systems-analysis-and-design
The burning metal is like lava, which is the energy coming from the plasma at the center of the earth, which is a similar to a star with its side cooled down, for comparison in potential and kinetic energies.

Special Features

You will be encouraged to further specialize with a minor in a specific field, such as healthcare, finance, agriculture or manufacturing. Your coursework within your first year includes information technology architecture, systems development and software development concepts.

During your pursuit of a systems analysis degree, you’ll work with faculty in the Department of Computer and Information Technology who have years of experience in industry or government. They conduct research on topics such as cybersecurity, high-performance computing, homeland security, cyber forensics, robotics, and health and bioinformatics.

Good thing I am studying this for 25+ years.

https://www.osti.gov/servlets/purl/6361359
RECYCLING OF ALUMINUM SALT CAKE
(Prepared for presentation at and publication in the proceedings of The Seventh
International Conference on Solid Waste Management and Secondary Materials)

December 1991

DISCLAIMER
This report was prepared as an account of work sponsored by an agency of the United States
Government. Neither the United States Government nor any agency thereof, nor any of their
employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or
process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark,
manufacturer, or otherwise does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government or any agency thereof. The views
and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the
United States Government or any agency thereof.

That was just 5 months before my diploma course started for which I got honors for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.