Aradina Varren, Aria Jenneth, and Edward Adams: Slave Killers

Today at 0046 hours, I undocked a Sigil-class Industrial loaded with 1995 slaves from the 24th Imperial Crusade Station in Mehatoor in a symbolic effort to restore the lawful trade in slaves to a system currently under Sansha invasion as well as occupation by sinners intent on destroying the Citadel that I have constructed there.

Three pilots, Aradina Varren, Aria Jenneth, and Edward “Mantel” Adams opened file on this unarmed slave-filled vessel, destroying it and killing all 1995 slaves.

God is glorified in the destruction of the Wicked.

It would have been nice to have been able to meet them.

1 Like

Gasp They did what you do?

HOW COULD THEY! [censored] AMARR AND CALDARI!

:weary:

2 Likes

I have a feeling that they would have eventually met a similar fate after a long and arduous journey involving torture and other horrors. Sounds as if a small mercy was served in the end.

4 Likes

How hard did you masturbate afterwards?

Seriously, who do you think you are foolin’ at this point?

12 Likes

I feel this should be taken in the same vein as when I complain about people eating my chocolate. Although I probably care more for my chocolate than he does his slaves.

3 Likes

Unfortunate, that their final days in this cycle were spent in forced servitude. More unfortunate, that they will have to discover that memory in their next life… I genuinely hope that it becomes lost in the ether - as I hope all the miseries of this world will.

3 Likes

Better a terrible end than terror with no end.

5 Likes

Um… At least it wasn’t exotic dancers!!!

2 Likes

One thing is interesting about this clown. He certainly has a knack for making people condone and perform the actions they condemned before they themselves found it inconvenient to adhere to their previously grand principles. Of course, that hypocrisy doesn’t bother me much but it’s worth noting.

Welcome around the curve ladies and gentlemen. Let’s see who’ll condemn you for your actions.

4 Likes

So-- here’s a question, Miz: are you condemning us for this? Also, is there a place where those of us involved actually condemned this sort of thing?

(I think I might be the only one of the three here-named who’s been in this situation before. It seems like one of those topics that’s kind of painful to think about, so a lot of people might not consider it seriously until … well … something comes up to force the issue. Like a certain Sigil.)

5 Likes

It might be she’s referring to you bawling your eyes out for slaves in another thread where you threaten to side with slavers in another because someone said mean words to you. Or something. I could be wrong, of course.

2 Likes

Uh … what?

It seems like the most natural thing for her to be calling out is something like a, “You shouldn’t blow up slave transports because you might kill the cargo,” thing. I don’t remember making an argument like that, but maybe I could have at some time. And anyway it’s a little strange to compare typical slavers to Mr. Million-Slave Sacrifice.

I guess the situations might seem more similar from your point of view, though.

If none of us have made arguments like that, it seems a little odd-- if it weren’t Miz I might say disingenuous-- to park that kind of remark where she did, since it amounts to presenting us as having made arguments it’s not at all clear we made. I think the term is, “straw man,” and it’s not something it seems like an honest debater would do.

1 Like

It is. The pool of ‘typical slavers’ operates on so much larger a scale…

2 Likes

I’m a little bit lost here and everybody is posting their favorite interpretation of what exactly you mean. Is about blowing up the transport? If something else, then what?

1 Like

Sure glad I’m on extended leave.

2 Likes

It’s always possible, also, that the comment wasn’t aimed particularly at us-- that it was inspired by the general nature of the situation rather than this particular instance of it, or these particular participants. The whole “you end up murdering people you’re trying to save” argument is I think one that actually has sometimes gotten used with respect to Matari trying to rescue their kin from Amarrian transports. That argument may have been used by people who later ended up blowing up one of Mr. Nauplius’s, with thoughts similar to mine.

The two don’t seem totally the same to me, but, then, they wouldn’t. If that argument wasn’t the one she was getting at, I … don’t really know what she might have been saying.

1 Like

Personally? More than quite a few.

However, I distinctly remember when Nauplius tried to execute slaves outside a Kaalakiota station. I just gave the thumbs up and the old, “Cool story,” treatment and it seems it has since then spared me most of the maudlin melodrama about dead people most here seem to enjoy participating in.

1 Like

The ultimate responsibility for the lives of all aboard a ship rests on its captain.

Their chances were probably better in a ship being cracked open by these three people, than they were in the gentle care of Naup, anyway.

Who really wants to encourage him to use human shields?

4 Likes

I think this incident may have only encouraged him to use human shields more. The OP is a public ‘thank you’ letter, after all. And it causes some friction between his enemies. Maybe he even hopes this will bring Jenneth closer to Naupliusism.

2 Likes