[ARC] Corrupted trinary data compositing

Don’t believe all you hear on the darknets, Mr. Anteovnuecci.

3 Likes

Oh bloody hell, next thing we know it’s above them.

3 Likes

A carrier brought them to a system in Anoikis? What kind of carrier?

2 Likes

To be fair, according to ORE and the Scope, the Kubera evidently managed to transit a wormhole as well. Given that and the Sisters colonization of Thera well before Capsuleers could even locate the system, it’s almost certain that there are methods of wormhole stabilization and navigation that Capsuleers don’t have access to yet.

I do wonder what CONCORD thinks of it all, naturally.

7 Likes

Now, I’ve got to say - I honestly expected to be working with a few hundred relics at most. The fact that they number in thousands by now is quite staggering - and our chances are looking more and more real with each one delivered.

We are currently adapting our software to process the foreign data formats - all of the hardware required is already in place and installed, and updates are coming in as fast as we can write them. It is a rather time-consuming task, considering the variance in relics themselves.

In the meantime, a separate team is attempting an initial categorization - attempting to discern, roughly, the age of the relic. We are hoping to find relics that date back to a period close to that of the Ani constellation Sleepers, of which data is the most abundant.

Now, if you excuse me - I think my keyboard and datalink have cooled down and are no longer on fire, and I can return to trying to write a driver for one of the relic types.

7 Likes

This really is blowing up into a bigger project than I imagined it would, with such an unexpected number of contributions- I’m very eager to see where all of this leads us.

3 Likes

Our research firm, the Ishukone-Raata Technological Research Institute stands ready to assist in ARC’s efforts regarding the nature of these collected data devices. If you feel our collaboration on this is acceptable we can speak further in private channels.

4 Likes

Any standard carrier can enter class 5-6 wormhole systems.

3 Likes

Well! A few things to reply to. Apologies for not providing an update yesterday. We had a mandatory meeting about reporting unauthorized or altered equipment due to certain incidents with our life support system in the labs registering exotics in the air. Remember, pilots, even if it’s ‘not actually on fire, I swear,’ the burning circuitry can trigger safety measures!

Also, an update. After several days maintaining a 10m/unit bounty, need to prioritize continued ARC hive operations has forced a drop of the bounty to 6m per. Please note that our stockpile already exceeds nine thousand samples of salvaged trinary data, provided by hundreds of pilots. When we began this effort, I was hoping to manage perhaps two, three thousand; I would have considered five nearly unthinkable, and a tremendous success. Now, even with the reduced bounty, ten is not only attainable, but likely in the next several days.

Please take a moment to give thanks to those donors who have motivated us and who have eased the burden of this effort. Many have provided ISK, have donated samples, or have subsidized acquisition of samples by other means, and this has all considerably furthered our efforts. You’ll find a list appended to the first post. If my notes are up to date, we’ve received 19.5 billion ISK in donations, and hundreds if not thousands of samples of gratis salvage.

That said, Ms. Seo, I do hope we’ll not have to have many more mandatory safety meetings.

Hinkelmann-haan, thank you! I have an evemail from Aneozomi-haani to reply to! I’ll put that on my task list for this evening.

Arrendis; interestingly, if my slim knowledge of Valkyrie operations holds, I… think they deploy from a Wyvern, usually? I’m honestly not sure, though. They don’t really talk much about themselves or their operations, and the Scope has covered them only sparingly.

4 Likes

If they’re deploying from and recovering to a Wyvern in Anoikis, then something is definitely afoot. Of course, the Guristas are almost Sebiestor-like in their ability to kludge together solutions to technical problems. I can’t really say I’d be shocked at the idea that they’d built a few Wyvern-style hulls with Warp Disruption Field Generators to reduce mass for j-space transits.

I’d have to double-check, but I’m pretty sure it would only take one bubble to get the supercarrier through.

4 Likes

Precisely. That sort of novel manipulation of existing technologies…

4 Likes

To be fair, I wasn’t aware the fire suppression system in the server room was already armed.

While there’s been, naturally, an issue with the heat exchangers - we’ve ensured that the cooling system is appropriately reinforced and there is a redundant system that can pick up the slack for a few hours to allow for repairs to the main circuit.

While I will not deny - the Apex line of clusters was designed and built to enable transfers between locations, this is the fastest I’ve seen one set up, and I’ve been struggling to find a moment of people slacking rather than slamming drives in, adjusting switches and running power cables. Something tells me we’ll be ordering a proper power-on within a day, or less - and with most of the software needed already in place.

5 Likes

An update, pilots!

It would appear either all previously cloaked enclaves in known space have been hit, or else the Quartermaster has run out of coordinates to search for them at. Whatever the case, we’ll be wrapping up collection by bounty within the day, and will be handling logistics for transport to the Bureau Memorial Laboratory.

At this point, a rough count surpasses twelve thousand samples of trinary.

Proof-of-concept using the samples already being archived in Eram is underway, as Ms. Seo has indicated. The work in earnest will begin in the next several days.

7 Likes

Pilots;

The latest Discourse includes a segment on Sleeper and Jovian data recovery, as efforts are already underway.

10 Likes

Pilots;

The initial work had been done as a proof-of-concept based on the limited number of samples present at the sequencing laboratory.

I can now confirm receipt at the facility of the last of our total stockpile of 12,745 samples of corrupted trinary data repositories.

8 Likes

That’s at least two more than what I have.

4 Likes

I decided to keep my data, to try to decipher it, but all what is there is just some images. One of them:

The rest that could be reconstructed looks very similar.

5 Likes

I, for one, welcome our new space feline ovelords

2 Likes

Has the animal body modding fetish gone too far?

3 Likes

I’m a little impressed you didn’t feel it had done so already, my lord.

1 Like