[ARC] Large and Heavily Damaged Drifter Fleet Encountered in Hive Complex

Genocide is generally defined as the killing of a race or species with the objective of wiping it out. To my knowledge, ARC does not have that objective.

You’ve also accused us of usurping CONCORD authority. Please, do elaborate.

2 Likes

I actually asked a question earlier to jaret

1 Like

The first paragraph is his and the second is my response

1 Like

He then promptly left the conversation

1 Like

So, I must ask, very simply: who set the Drifters red on our overviews? Red usually indicates hostiles, after all, and Capsuleers have no authority to alter that.

It’s a silly, almost pedantic argument, but: CONCORD does not agree with you.

1 Like

Overviews can also be changed. Things added and removed, by the pilot. I will concede the color thing, which is a valid point, But it still doesn’t explain the rest of it away, like the lack of bounties, lack of aggression by everybody except for you, the lack of a concord communications or agency contracts like the guardians gala we have had previously or the other pirate factions in similar scenarios.

1 Like

And has concord communicated with you? As I have asked before, has concord explicitly said that the drifters are currently the most dire threat We have faced at this moment and you must take care of them while we, concord, sit in our asses and do nothing?

1 Like

And you may not say it is your plan to wipe them all out but your actions show otherwise. Whenever you see drifters you form a fleet and proceed to kill them. Regardless of their actions or intent.

1 Like

In terms of the gala events

That was just a festival for the members of the Cartel and Seprentis corporation to party and savor the bond the two outfits have.

Those “Gala” sites wern’t a threat to anyone. The guests there were heading there to party and CONCORD advised Capsuleers to engage.

We’re they a threat for this?

Also - Why must we listen to CONCORD on who we can and cnnaot engage? Does CONCORD just have unquestionable wisdom?

1 Like

They have more information that you, and though, as i have stated before, I don’t trust them, in this situation I am forced to defer to them. Think about this for a moment. What if they know that antagonizing the drifters further could mean that they come and wipe everyone out on some crusade. If you kick a hound while it’s down, you’d better fear it when it gets back up

1 Like

First, a question for you. That’s the second time you’ve written, “we, CONCORD,” in a post. Are you indicating that you are CONCORD-affiliated?

Secondly, if I’m recalling correctly, there have been Agency taskings associated with engaging Drifter ships. This should have no bearing on CONCORD’s threat classification, but you’ve expressed curiosity.

Thirdly, well… a number of pilots were awarded medals for penetrating a Drifter hive complex by none other than the Inner Circle, which seems to indicate that CONCORD approved of the action.

Fourthly, CONCORD doesn’t always issue bounties for known threats. If I’m remembering correctly, rogue drones were not bountied when those regions first opened.

Fifthly, my suspicion is that Anoikis-dwelling Capsuleers kill rather more Drifters on a weekly or monthly basis than ARC ever will. Consider this a hunch, but I’m confident in this guess.

Lastly, must every Capsuleer fight the same threat? Is there some grand hierarchy of threats, to which we must dedicate ourselves? Should ‘lesser threats’ be ignored? Depending on who you ask, Drifters are either harmless and peaceful, or an existential threat not to be poked. Which is it?

2 Likes

:popcorn:

1 Like

We slaughter humans in the millions but Capsuleers are mad about destroying relatively few enemy classified extra-cluster entities in the pursuit of protection and science. I really wish so many pilots in New Eden would stop making me side with Matoko Priano in weird silly discussions that she does not even start. If you want ARC to stop pursuing the cutting edge shoot them? They are genuinely one of the few Capsuleer entities that will genuinely tell you exactly what they are doing and when they are doing it.

I don’t know. Screw it the cool kids are eating popcorn so I will assume I can stop following this thread for new developments. @Makoto_Priano can you make a new post if interesting things happen? These Drifter activities are finally large enough that I think a group of combat pilots should know the goings on.

1. When I say we I am asking a question of, have you received a mail like this. I say we, concord, with the apostrophe to not confuse myself with concord which would be making the statement though I see that is lost on you.

2. I added them just as a secondary source because what concord doesn’t get to, they seem to. And as had been stated before. The situation has changed. The drifters are not aggressive and even have stopped firing by the end of a fight on
    two occasions. You seem unwilling to recognize that and would rather continue shooting them

3. In the past when they were a threat, they don’t appear to be am imminent threat recently as shown by previous arguments

4. You are correct, they didnt for the rogue drones because their threat level was low, but then their numbers grew, they began popping up in hi sec, and then we had rogue swarm alerts. Their numbers needed to be quelled. Perhaps the same can be said for the drifters some day but not today.
    As a side note I’m sure it was unclear if they were truly sentient or if their designations were just concord way of differentiating them. I have thought a great deal on that but it is a conversation for another time

5. Drifters are openly hostile in wormholes and each party believes them to be in their own territory. Just like in null, if you are in my space you die.

And lastly, as arrendis has stated your party has stated they are both a threat and a nuisance, but I agree that they can’t be both. And as has been stated many times before, the drifters do not curenty pose a threat and we could learn a lot by studying them. We may learn why they are damaged, we may learn what concords leaked clip is. And people have their own idea of what is and isn’t s threat, someone in null would say goons or pan fam is the biggest threat. Miners will say it’s CODE, and others may say sansha. But things change, motivations change, and at this moment in time the drifters do not appear to be a threat based off of the evidence of their apparent pacifism unless provoked at sirppala and rens and their cease fire in the middle of a fight. Something had changed and we won’t learn what it is with a gun. As a scientist you must understand that you must follow the evidence. If new evidence arises you don’t refuse to change your mind yoy follow it with glee looking to learn something new

1 Like

Will they? Because she seems to have gone to great lengths of avoid answering exactly that question. :thinking:

1 Like

Well she does not need to tell you what she is doing after they have already done it. This sort of inquisition screams of jealousy of experiences. Wait for them to make a report, or go blow up there home, or go primary local. If you want to know what they are doing go watch them while they are doing it. Put in at least that much effort before asking them to give away there past experiences for free. They are pilots just like the rest of us. If they can hunt Drifters you can hunt them.

I did watch them, as I watched the drifters for an hour and a half to 2 hours before the slaughter began. And I have questions, and I have yet to see answers

1 Like

I could hunt them. However, I’m kind of busy as one of the people running a somewhat larger organization with a much higher optempo. And yet I still have plenty of my own experience fighting Drifters, including hive ops. So… no, I think it’s pretty safe to say I’m not jealous of Makoto. Not exactly an ‘inquisition’ to ask that someone substantiate their claims. If they don’t want people to ask, they shouldn’t make those claims.

1 Like

I did not say you where jealous, I simply said you are giving the appearance of being jealous. As you say you are someone representing a much larger organization so I thought you might like to know that.

People are perfectly free to think whatever they like. If I cared about their opinions, I’d be a much more insecure person.

1 Like