[ARC] Large and Heavily Damaged Drifter Fleet Encountered in Hive Complex

How many of these people have been sacrificed in ‘suicide gank’ tactics I wonder?

… are you in all seriousness suggesting that all graduating capsuleers, all of them, are accompanied by destroyed SoE facilities, Navy Fleets assembling, and drifter hives being destroyed by shitfit corvettes?

So you would agree with me that our invasion of w-space and subsequent rampant violent destruction of damn near everything in it would be justification for violent retort then? Well goodie. I mean, of course you don’t. That sort of thing is only a bad thing if it’s us taking the hit. Screw those other guys.

The initial acts of aggression has so far always been from our side and you have some very strange ideas of who the onus of peace falls upon when that has been the case from the start. It’s not their place to make amends. That’s on us, and from what can be inferred, the SoE and the Empire in particular.

You know, the reasoning you use to make this claim and justify the perpetual agenda of extermination… it’s so easily applied pretty much everywhere. I wonder if you’d be quite so quick to come to such a conclusion if someone used that rationale to exterminate the Amarr. They’ve done far more to deserve it, and yet it’d be an atrocious thing indeed to take that stance with them.

1 Like

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps that is the only way they know to communicate with the monsters who continuously assault them. I state this from their point of view, don’t confuse this with anything else like last time. Or perhaps we could have learned more by leaving them alone.

1 Like

By attacking them again arc has been proven to be liars. They have said they would try something different this time.

1 Like

Consider it speaking their langauge. Hey, you wanted to communicate with them, right? Pick up a Coercer next time ARC steps up to “communicate” with these freaks. No diplomacy like shotgun diplomacy

Damn shame i missed out on this fleet. Woke up and was disappointing to see after action reports going on.

Do you not see this freaky footage they recovered? We just found a piece of the puzzle in their cargo holds. Our picture of what the hell is going on is much more clearer after putting them down.

You are correct, but until it’s decoded it’s useless. What if they were trying to decode it? If you wanted maybe they would have lead you back to where it happened? What if you waited and you got a decoded transmission instead of the stream of triangles

1 Like

Communication was attempted, again, they didn’t reply, again.

As for it being “useless” until we decode it, you should probably read a thread before you post in it.

2 Likes

I did. There is a ship in an asteroid field. And then there is a message written in triangles. Nobody has been able to decipher it.

1 Like

And communication could be secondary. Studying them takes patience and could have had greater results tham a trinary library

1 Like

They JUST got it.

Give it time, there’s no secert humanity can’t uncover.

1 Like

Where do you think the footage of the ship in the asteroid field came from exactly?

2 Likes

I find it hilarious that all these armchair admirals are tut-tutting these fleets being efficiently dealt with in comparison to previous engagements with these entities, missing the critical fact that the fleets ARC and myself have been encountering are already massively damaged with a correspondingly equal decrease in lethality.

We should be asking the important question here, what or who is beating the crap out of them before they are fleeing to our space for refuge?

6 Likes

Two (or three? I don’t know I haven’t slept I can’t remember any more) of the messages have already been decoded.

A few of us are already able to read the symbols with a fairly high degree of accuracy.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m asking. A warrior doesn’t come back without an explanation for the wounds. These ships got into some sort engagement or got close to something leaving those scars.

It has to do something that first piece of footage. Hell, as @Uriel_Paradisi_Anteovnuecci (Crazy and delicious name you have) pointed out in the new footage, whatever that “thing” is; you can see something very similar to that orb.

2 Likes

This is exactly why I have been saying we should study them

1 Like

I’ll admit, I’m curious about this too, but primarily because whoever it is got insufficient firepower to finish them off, or are absolutely awful at maintaining warp disruption in play for long enough to finish the job. However, when a few piddly destroyers can finish them off here, without the use of any warp disruption, this raises even more questions. Whatever is going on seems to be profoundly stupid no matter which way you turn it.

This is why observation should be attempted. Leave the damn Drifters be, let them do whatever it is they do, scanning those gates etc, and maybe… just maybe… we’ll be able to follow them somewhere actually interesting and see something of actual interest.

Unless of course, they’re just sent there to be disposed of by suicidal capsuleers throwing crew at them until they explode.

2 Likes

I’m gonna say this really slowly;

We

Are

4 Likes

You should really know better Miz. Destroyers are not piddly, they’re the most commonly used ship for attrition tactics against bigger, more powerful, or just very tough ships.

Very good bang for their ISK!

2 Likes

A warrior also doesn’t ask permission to take advantage of an enemy’s weakness. Attempts to ‘parlay’ or whatever was done by more naive people that I. Once that was all said and done we weren’t going to let a fleet like that repair or regroup. They were taken care of. We certainly will try to find out all we can regardless of the outcome for the drifters.

2 Likes

Obviously not. Another fleet was destroyed. As soon ARC was on scene they starter shooting. That isn’t studying, that’s slaughter

2 Likes

Uh, no, we sat around for close to two hours before engaging.

2 Likes