[ARC] Semiosis

The sentences are:

“Human augmented champions must choose the direction of their flow.”

Or:

“Human augmented humans must chose the direction of their flow.”

I have made my choice. There is nothing left but for others to make theirs.

I think its worth noting that in case of Sansha invasion in 3-ttc reported in HFN Narodnya became corrupt, but in case of Deviant Automata taking over vila in DAV Navka didnt.

It’s also a pretty simple thing to understand that ‘Human-augmented Narodnya’ is like ‘Minmatar-designed battleship’. The first word isn’t a stand-alone noun, it’s part of a compound adjective.

2 Likes

Be appeased. I will add “Minmatar-designed Minmatar must choose the direction of their flow” to the list of sentences.

Your habit of making yourself look stupid by intentionally missing the point is adorable. Hm. I should save that for the kind words thread…

As you wish, Arrendis-designed Arrendis.

I am the primary architect of who I am, yeah… unlike a few others, I could think of. After all, at this point, Napkins considers himself to be an Aria-designed Napkins.

1 Like

Where is the Cluster’s dark gothic butterfly? I have some antipathy for her, but hugs and kisses are for children and the dark gothic butterfly has a style.

That’s it! That’s what the intergalactic planetary party is missing.

Style.

Everything is a little bit too… the Gallidoodle expression… what is it… june say qwah.

Yes, I have been unnecessarily cranky about the Triglavians. Really, I should be more enthusiastic about the return of the masked angels bearing gifts from Heaven, the mythological cycle continuing, all that. It is legitimately amazing.
But the fact that the Jovian crystal orb is still just a crystal orb mistaken for battleship rig junk really deflated my bubble.

Three years go by and the old angels can’t put their old gifts to good use before the new old angels with new gifts show up to the party. Oh my God do I hope that we get a planet-shattering kabooms soon.

There is reason to Hope. Yes.

Yes, they are building a kaboom device, either an agile station or a clumsy ship. It might even be very promising. My fear is that the planet shattering kaboom is going to happen in a wormhole that nobody gave a ■■■■ about until a planet went kaboom there. But maybe! Maybe the new old angels will destroy Amarr for the sin of losing their gifts.

It’s what I would do.

“We came down from Heaven and gave you presents and you lost them, so we are blowing up your planet.”

That’s Style! Which, again, is what we need. Cool spaceship parts are just previously-cool spaceship parts painted some new color, I don’t know, like purple or something.

Memo to Heaven: Blow up a planet that people care about! Right this instant!

That assumption is not supported by the facts. There’s evidence that they use human as a separate descriptor and not a compound word. In the most recent messages, one of them says “human augmented entities in non-singleton formats” in a written format without a dash and another says “sampling and analysis of augmented human entities” (the words human and augmented reversed).

The evidence is pretty conclusive that they call us human. Narodnya has to mean something else, and it has to be applicable to capsuleers, Sansha’s Nation, and at least part of the Triglavian Collective. Viable options include words like “ship,” “pilot,” “infomorph,” etc, but not just “human.”

1 Like

The discussion seems a little that way, but I think I’ll throw my coin in with you. It is not just a literal repeat of “human.” A younger me would have wondered why it was even worth arguing about, but I have matured and this is at least something to talk about while we wait for the kaboom. That’s better than just sitting around waiting for the kaboom.

If only it were a huge Cluster busting kaboom and ten thousand years would pass as a Great Darkness and then some young civilizations (preferably starting much further apart from one another) would find little pieces of our ruins.

I wonder if they would do better than we have.

You are somehow overlooking the most obvious explanation, at least for me. I translate “narodnya” as “tribe” (or any_kind_of_social_organization_unit_on_large_scale).

Narod means nation.

That doesn’t exactly fit with one of the datastreams, which talks about how Sansha troops infiltrated a Damavik “and corrupted Narodnya of Zembog Subclade.” The message (page 257 of the thread) indicates that whatever the Sansha corrupted was either a singular noun or a collective term that fits this sentence structure, which they then “advised immolation” of, and that action was then approved by the Koschoi and carried out by the Navka. So it could be “ship” or “pilot” or it could just be something like “soldiers” or “people” but doesn’t have exactly the same usage as “tribe” would.

Yes thank you, you are correct. I used champion to make the example sentences concrete. But I do not insist that is the Triglavian word. I also suggested words such as workers and combatants. Two people have suggested pilot. Pilot, combatant, worker, champion all fit within known messages. Tribe may or may not fit as Nyphur says.

My culture does use phrases similar to Human Augmented Tribe. They are fanciful such as River Dragon Tribe. Clan and Sect are also common. Ancient Tomb Sect.

Human Augmented Tribe has nice property of underlining that we are in this together. Of course that may mean that if the Tribe chooses the wrong flow, we will be targeted as a Tribe. But either way we choose the other angels will accuse us of having made the wrong choice.

In that case, I offer you another meaning of that word. In Old language, the ORIGINAL meaning of it could be translated as “those who were birthed”.

2 Likes

Transformation into capsuleer type organism may qualify as form of birth or rebirth. That does not translate easily. That may explain why the Triglavians leave it in their language despite translating almost everything.

Difficulty of translation is a characteristic I failed to consider.

I love it and it fits, but the closest ancient translation of narodnya I can find a source for is of a different spelling and has the meaning “folk”, which fits all the sentences but doesn’t necessarily imply birth. In the end, the word we’re getting hung up on could just mean “people”

If they really only meant people (or champion, worker, combatant) then nothing would have prevented them from using that word. I thought use of narodnya was stylistic affection. If I were a linguist or cryptographer I would not have made such a mistake.

The billboard message was not an intercepted communication. It was specifically composed for us. Word choice should be given weight.

They used narodnya because they feel that our language lacks an adequate equivalent. This is similar to the point that Annisir raised about idioms. Narodnya is a concept, and it is sufficiently important to the Triglavians that they are unwilling to use an inadequate translation. A special form of birth which their society was long familiar with but which ours had not yet elevated would qualify.

I feel thankful to M. Naraunt for contributing the insight that difficulty of translation should have been considered.

There is literally only one instance of the word Human in any of the datastream records recovered thus far, speaking to the varied motivations of any of us who enter the Abyss:

«encountered augmented human entities within singleton format ranges exhibit varied allegiance profiles»

And the only places that mentions “Human Augmented Narodnya” outside of the Zorya communication are these, from the newest round of Semiosis notes:

«human augmented entities in non-singleton formats have met diagnostic threshold in multi-variate dimensions triggering countervailing imperatives»

«exploratory operations planning will incorporate contingencies for sampling and analysis of augmented human entities»

None of them include “human” alongside “narodnya”, instead further indicating what I believe - that the intent is Human-Augmented Narodnya” in the Zorya video. We are Narodnya, modified by humans - that is to say, us - instead of Triglavians, as they consider themselves.

In case you doubt me, here are ALL of the datastreams and semiosis notes available to us:

AEA : Ancient Enemy Azdaja : Drifters

AEA1
Cladeships of the 3 tactical troika classification in communion militant of Varpulis Subclade of Perun Clade encountered the Ancient Enemy Azdaja at reverse-time co-ordinates (indecipherable) while processing in sub-18 exclave of conduit loop construct-405. Absolute imperative of poshlost extirpation against Azdaja was invoked without acceptable material realization. Tactical troika of Varpulis Subclade placed a casting of absorbed data into the cladeflow for reflection of Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle.

AEA2
Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle has affirmed the need for playful communion of repeated-time by the Clades Assembled and Subclades Militant and Technical. The entosis of the Ancient Enemy Azdaja into the loop constructs must be sever-reversed by the volition and merge-consent of Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle. The adaptation schema of cladeships for all tactical troika classifications may be entered into the cladeflow without proving.

AEA3
Report of the Paramount Strategic Troika of the Leshak Subclade of Veles Clade has reaffirmed the dispersal of reverse-time reclaimed adaptation schema of 729 tactical troika classification vessels into the cladeflow after proving in anti-cladistic mortification with the Ancient Enemy Azdaja. Repeated-time casting and winnowing of invocations of imperative of poshlost extirpation against Azdaja reveals a (indecipherable) acceptable material realization.

AEA4
Prayer of the Detached Executive Troika for Sublimation of Poshlost Flow has evoked procession from Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle that requires winnowing of all discourses operating as elements in relation to the Ancient Enemy Azdaja through semiosis.

Detached Executive Troika is granted mandate in sobornost to invoke countervailing imperatives without reverse-time proving. Convocation affirms imperative on Detached Executive Troika to maintain playful communion over repeated-time with Clades Assembled and Subclades Militant and Technical.

AEA5
Detached Executive Troika for Sublimation of Poshlost Flow dialectical semiosis flow (indecipherable) follows:

Ancient Enemy Azdaja «present manifestation encountered as Vigilant Tyrannos» reverse-time discourse-element (indecipherable) «archive pattern analysis indicates successor entity of Jove Empire of the Chamber of Tyrants» (indecipherable) evocation of poshlost undoubted and imperative for extirpation without proving.

Now-time discourse-element (indecipherable) «recovered materials indicates presence» (indecipherable) unshackled in forbidden dominance arrangement «counter to ideological patterns recovered pertaining to Jove Empire of the Chamber of Tyrants !query++encode|Jovian expansionist polity iter.2.?.?|recode++process! indicating anomaly in ideological development» (indecipherable) pass through advancing-time new discourse-element configuration.

Advancing-time discourse-element (indecipherable) «reinforce request for countervailing measures to be undertaken» (indecipherable) «continue with surveillance and proceed to next stage within predicted time horizon for effective action» (indecipherable) submit to cladeflow.

AFN : Augmented Foreign Narodnya : Capsuleers

AFN1
Cladeships of the 3 tactical troika classification in communion militant of Ognyena Subclade of Perun Clade encountered vessels under guidance of augmented foreign narodnya at reverse-time co-ordinates (indecipherable) in sub-15 exclave of conduit loop construct-89. Corruption of hivelinking was found absent by Ognyena Subclade and invocation of cladistic proving was attempted with mortification of cladeships as the following-time material realization. Transfer conduit of sub-15 exclave of conduit loop construct-89 recorded the proving and released it to the cladeflow for advancing-time studious communion.

AFN2
Paramount Technical Troika of Gromovi Subclade reports outcome of reverse-time studious communion with records drawn through the cladeflow from many cladepylons of the multibody tracking variant. The sense of metaxy from records was resolved without corruption apparent by the noema that vessels under guidance of augmented foreign narodnya accept the aura-field of the cladepylon.

AFN3
Cladeships of the 729 tactical troika classification in communion militant of Leshak Subclade of Veles Clade encountered vessels under guidance of augmented foreign narodnya at reverse-time co-ordinates (indecipherable) in sub-24 exclave of conduit loop construct-159. Corruption of hivelinking was found absent by Leshak Subclade and invocation of cladistic proving was invoked. The mortification of augmented foreign narodnya vessels proceeded as the following-time material realization. Ejection of the augmented command nucleus was observed and the foreign narodnya within subjected to mandated extirpation. The tactical troika of Leshak Subclade recorded the proving and released it to the cladeflow for advancing-time studious communion.

AFN4
Repeated-time realization from cladistic proving of augmented foreign narodnaya invoked by Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle has evolved the direction of procession flow. Convocation requires winnowing of all discourses operating as elements in relation to augmented foreign narodnya through semiosis.

Detached Executive Troika for Sublimation of Poshlost Flow has expanded mandate in sobornost to receive outcomes and invoke prayers for response evocation proving of augmented foreign narodnya in playful communion over advancing- and repeated-time with Clades Assembled and Subclades Militant and Technical.

AFN5
Detached Executive Troika for Sublimation of Poshlost Flow dialectical semiosis flow (indecipherable) follows:

Augmented Foreign Narodnya «encountered augmented human entities within singleton format ranges exhibit varied allegiance profiles» (indecipherable) reverse-time discourse-element (indecipherable) «archive pattern analysis suggests allegiance profiles conform to diverse scattering of points in scatter-volume model of civilization development» (indecipherable).

Now-time discourse-element (indecipherable) «specific augmentation profile commonality involves utilization of biological construct enhancement with cybernetic adaptation for personality-level command identity submergence» (indecipherable) cladistic proving invoked at reverse-time and in now-time subject to repeated-time bifurcation of flows in advancing-time.

Advancing-time discourse-element (indecipherable) «forms of contact should be followed» (indecipherable) prayer shall invoke cladistic proving to achieve glorification. Detached Executive Troika for Sublimation of Poshlost Flow with (indecipherable) «continue to next evolution of sampling» (indecipherable) in the proving of noema within the flow of Vyraj.

DAV : Deviant Automata Vila : Rogue Drones

DAV1
Subjunct Technical Troika of Belobog Subclade of Svarog Clade reports to Paramount Strategic Troika of Svarog Clade the entosis into sub-9 exclave, sub-21 exclave and sub-45 exclave of conduit loop construct-63 of deviant automata over repeated-time co-ordinates (indecipherable). Provisional poshlost extirpation was invoked on the observation of destructive mortification of claim-holdings of Belobog Subclade by corrupted vila. Convocation of Strategic Troika of Svarog Clade reaffirms poshlost extirpation invocation against deviant automata and extends it into advancing-time.

DAV2
Paramount Strategic Troika of Veles Clade rebuke-dissents from noema of Svarog Clade that deviant automata are poshlost irredeemable. Veles Clade now-time affirms tentative playful communion of Paramount Technical Troika of Vodya Subclade for exercise of repeated-time invocation of cladepylon adaptation schema for vila imperative dissemination.

DAV3
Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle remains consent-locked on the noema of poshlost against the noema of sobornost with deviant automata. The reverse-time entreaties of Svarog Clade of poshlost vila and Veles Clade of sobornost vila stand balanced in now-time with the indeterminate-consent of Perun Clade.

DAV4
*Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle invokes now-time imperative on Detached Executive Troika for Sublimation of Poshlost Flow to winnow through semiosis all discourses operating as elements in relation to deviant automata and corruption of vila autopoiesis. Convocation consent-lock on the noema of poshlost against the noema of sobornost with deviant automata is in decay-flow unfolding mortification on advancing-time cladeflow across (indecipherable) branches. *

Detached Executive Troika has now-time imperative mandate to achieve metaxy by circulation of contradictory discourses through semiosis and force relations proving. Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle has evoked consent-resolve of Paramount Strategic Troikas of Perun, Veles and Svarog for this mandate.

DAV5

Deviant automata «encountered manifestations exhibit range of autonomy profiles» (indecipherable) reverse-time discourse-element (indecipherable) «organizing principles place highly against archive pattern analysis indicating upper ranges of autonomy for distributed artificial entities» (indecipherable) threat of corruption of vila autopoiesis.

Now-time discourse-element (indecipherable) «requests for comprehensive threat profile modelling are impinging on control norms for testing and analysis» (indecipherable) the consent-lock has invoked now-time imperative to establish noema with (indecipherable) metaxy. «Isolated testing and analysis will be carried out by» (indecipherable) «control measures will be used in recovery» (indecipherable) detached Navka have imperative to return to the domain of Bujan and offer procession to the Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle.

Advancing-time discourse-element (indecipherable) «difficulty of meshing foundational culture motivations with distributed artificial entities» (indecipherable) «despite countervailing measures from higher functions of entities the success of reconnaissance pulses and surveillance scatter indicates continued work to evolve relationship» (indecipherable).

HFN : Hivelinked Foreign Narodnya : Sansha

HFN1
Cladeships of the 27 tactical troika classification in communion militant of Dazhbog Subclade of Svarog Clade encountered vessels under guidance of hivelinked foreign narodnya at reverse-time co-ordinates (indecipherable) while processing in sub-12 exclave of conduit loop construct-189. Invocation of the ancient-time accepted noema of extirpation of hivelinked narodnya proceeded with acceptable material realization.

HFN2
Cladeships of the 3 tactical troika classification in communion militant of Zembog Subclade of Veles Clade encountered vessels under guidance of hivelinked foreign narodnya at reverse-time co-ordinates (indecipherable) while processing in sub-30 exclave of conduit loop construct-477. Invocation of the ancient-time accepted noema of extirpation of hivelinked narodnya proceeded but material realization was unacceptable. Entosis of hivelinked foreign narodnya into body of a 3 tactical troika classification cladeship commenced at reverse-time co-ordinates (indecipherable) and corrupted Narodnya of Zembog Subclade. The Koschoi of the tactical troika advised immolation. The Navka consented and invoked immolation at reverse-time co-ordinates (indecipherable).

HFN3
Paramount Technical Troika of Gromovi Subclade of Perun Clade reported to the Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle the entosis and corruption of multibody tracking cladepylon by hivelinked foreign narodnya at reverse-time co-ordinates (indecipherable) in sub-17 exclave of conduit loop construct-33. Cladeships of the 729 tactical troika classification in communion militant of Dazhbog Subclade of Svarog Clade processed to sub-17 exclave of conduit loop construct-33 and invoked noema of extirpation of hivelinked narodnya on corrupted cladepylon with acceptable material realization.

Perun Clade : Directive A

«exploration operations have failed to establish active locus for Jove Empire of the Chamber of Tyrant»

«stability of local spatio-temporal environment diverges from archive reference data pertaining to !query++encode|Jovian expansionist polity iter.4.?.?|recode++process!»

«procedures for continued exploration and surveillance under contemplation»

Svarog Clade : Directive 2C

«human augmented entities in non-singleton formats have met diagnostic threshold in multi-variate dimensions triggering countervailing imperatives»

«archived comparison profile !query++encode|Jovian-Triglavian satellite polity ident:JTNBZx12t7 cat:hybrid subcat:hivemind iter.1.2.?|recode++process!»

«effective action for elimination of hivemind corruption should not be hindered by imperative for further sampling»

Perun Clade : Directive 21

«augmented human entities within singleton format ranges have demonstrated highly variable motivational imperatives»

«cybernetic adaptation for personality-level command identity submergence should be analyzed for conformity»

«exploratory operations planning will incorporate contingencies for sampling and analysis of augmented human entities»

(edit: amended post with noncategorized semiosis notes transcribed on 5 April)

2 Likes

The Singleton format is obviously individuals as opposed to the Sansha hivemind.

I disagree, to be honest. Compare this line, which I believe describes one-man Cruiser dives:

«encountered augmented human entities within singleton format ranges exhibit varied allegiance profiles»

to this, from the newest round of Semiosis notes:

non-singleton format here likely refers to the frigate groups we’ve been allowed to enter into the Abyss with, and something new will happen for that format soon - perhaps Proving Ground access for groups.

3 Likes