[ARC] Semiosis

Certainly, shattered systems are the result of powerful precursor tech - but given the Epicenters and the lack of indications that the Trigs possess the same level of power (why would they reside in a tumultuous Abyss if they could manipulate space to the degree that the tech employed to facilitate Seyllin or Thera’s & the others’ eruptions demonstrates?), I’d say we have yet to make contact with a civilization capable of ruining systems as we’ve seen with

Tangentially, the indicators of the identity of those responsible for the eruptions surrounding Caroline’s Star and Seyllin (by means of deduction) point to the mysterious Talocan race as being somehow involved with the tech responsible for it all - the Epicenters that are present in every shattered system are the largest body of evidence in this case as of yet.

The point is not that the Triglavians were responsible for shattering this or that planet. The point is that we know that the Precursor Civilizations possess such weaponry; and we also know that the Precursor Civilizations are at war with one another.

Given how rapidly the civilizations in our own Cluster possess duplicates of weapon systems developed by any other member civilization, the idea that the precursors to said civilizations failed to copy one another across the span of ten thousand years is not credible.

Tangentially, although I know there is at least one other person more irritated than me about this whole thing, I do nevertheless feel like I’ve been waiting for someone to show up, waiting and waiting, and then people start showing up, but it’s just Kuvie. Or some kinky Jovian sex cult. Not that I’m opposed to such things. And now we have I don’t even know…

Where they hell are the Talocan!? Are you bloody out there at all, bloody darlings!?

Planets behave like bubbles of water in space. If you poke them hard, they just wobble and eventually take back their forms. To shatter them you need to act on them with energy-mass factor comparable with the planet itself (if not significantly higher). And if you need to destroy enemy structures on the planet, you simply glass them down - fast and easy.

I don’t think that shattering of the planets was a military operation, most likely a celestial phenomenon/catastrophe.

2 Likes

The amount of power to create the shattered systems was immense. There are still traces of it here and there, in the form of strange energy readings. Destroying an average inhabited planet is a whole lot easier, a mere 2x10^32 Joules of energy. The Triglavian Abyssal pockets are similar to Anoikis in some ways but nothing on the same scale.

The giant metal eating mushroom is the veritable apotheosis of that concept. Harvested from a shattered planet, nurtured and loved by a caring mother, should the day come when someone pokes Caldari Prime too hard, in a few thousand years the fungus will stitch it all back together again.

However, I am not the first to draw a connection between the Triglavians and shattered planets. The news video posted at the outset of this discussion, copied here for convenience:

Convenience

Around 3:34 specifically notes that the Triglavians may be concerned with Nation attempts to colonize shattered wormhole systems. Perhaps those systems were the Triglavian systems.

Who knows. It doesn’t seem particularly controversial, however, to associate a precursor civilization in possession of heretofore unseen technology with weapons of enormous destructive capability.

Despite the fact that they are not the Talocan (well, I suppose that has not been absolutely ruled out), as a matter of professional courtesy, one old crone to another, I am very fond of the Witch on Chicken’s Feet and they remind me of her.

The following has been distributed by Veles Clade moments ago. Translation efforts are underway.

The header for the mail translates as ‘DIRECTIVE 3’

Edit; Perun Clade is also in on the game. DIRECTIVE 2.

4 Likes

If the jove had such power, and the sleepers, driffters, and now triglavians are potentialy ancestors, what is to stop them from, should that be on the cards, completely obliterating us, Why would they be so concerned with the empires, concord or us, that they would be tentative in such a campain into known space? Concord, now having a inheritor of the jove legacy on the council muct have some knowlege on what factors are at play here.

I assure you that the end times are not upon us.

5 Likes

Two translations as follows:

Veles:

Directive 3:

«encountered
manifestations
exhibit range of
autonomy profiles»

«requests for
comprehensive
threat profile modelling
are impinging
on control norms for
testing and analysis»

«Isolated testing and
analysis
will be carried out»

«control measures will be
used in recovery»

«despite countervailing
measures
from higher functions of
entities the
success of reconnaissance
pulses and
surveillance scatter
indicates continued
work to evolve
relationship»

Perun:

Directive 2:

«encountered augmented
human entities within
singleton format ranges
exhibit varied
allegiance profiles»

«archive pattern
analysis suggests
allegiance profiles
conform to diverse
scattering of points
in scatter-volume
model of
civilization development»

«specific augmentation
profile commonality
involves utilization
of biological construct
enhancement with
cybernetic adaptation
for personality-level
command identity
Submergence»

«continue to next
evolution of sampling»

It does not escape this poster that these messages appear to be “counting down” in their Directives. I wonder who’s Number One.

Edited for readability

6 Likes

Oh, I’m sure several billion people will cry out somewhere with a single voice and be silenced.

But that really just means more for those who remain, doesn’t it?

There clearly exists some inscrutable value “we” provide to the shadows; and so long as that value continues to be provided, “we” should be more or less okay.

Indeed not, as we would already be speaking triglavian.

It’s curious what the flow is, and how, what they are extracting, and why. What reasons would the drones and drifters have in hamstringing this activity or utilizing this resource for there own purposses? Is it in it’s self a form of conduit or harvestable energy.

Also, having lost a few battleships to driffters when they first appeared, for experimentation purposes of course, They had extreem power. Why are they not as devistating against the triglavians. Why would driffters send inferiour ships into hostile and apparently contentious abyss space?

Drifter ships are not that tough. Once you get past the Doomsday, and the ships in the Abyss don’t have them. They can still hit hard. Triglavian ships are tankier plus repping helps. I still wouldn’t say the Drifter vessels are inferior though. The Flow isn’t a thing, its a philosophical concept.

1 Like

I think that Zero-Point Condensate is what this game really is about for them. Not sure if we can even fathom all the possibilities of this substance.

The clips we’ve received from the Clades thus far match the pattern we saw last year, with a full revelation of the intended gifting of visual data coming from the assembly of the parts.

As with the vault parts from last year, it looks like we’re looking at multiple full files, split up - I’ve matched two here, but the third part is definitely from another file. I included it in this preliminary example, though, to demonstrate what we’re going to be dealing with.

I’m extremely interested to see what comes next.

1 Like

Something that size, with what looks to be a large hangar, I’m inclined to suggest it, carrier?

I just received 2 messages from veles clade, and one from perun clade. I’ll compare what I received to the ones listed above, and let you know if I have anything different.

edit: yup, its the same ones, although for some reason I received duplicates from veles. not sure if its relevant since I only have 1 semiosis conductor, so unless other people received duplicates as well, I will assume its simply a routing error on the part of concords mailing service.

Is it?

For all we know, Virage is a collective term for a type of ceremonial plumed headdress worn by all triglavian captains, due to the volume of losses they have sustained in abyss space there is a higher demand than supply, as they are made entirely by the elderly generation using very slow to produce synthetic materials. This decline in the “flow” of production is of paramount concern to the top brass.

The second file is a lateral view of the same overall construction as the first (dorsal) wireframe.

If you look at the thruster(?) visible in File 1 at 0:03 and it’s position on that wing(?), it comes into view on the lateral wireframe right about 0:15.

Yes, it’s certainly the same wireframe - it’s just also another spin around view, not matched with the first spin the first two clips show~

Right, which is why I’m seeing it as a 90-degree change of viewing angle. What happens if you rotate File 1 180-degrees and off-set it by half a rotation?