[ARC] Semiosis

It could very well be. Take for instance the blueprint data for Collective ships recovered from the Abyss; the Collective/Clades left the history of the creation of the particular craft in itself as a sort of historical document, ignoring the potential for the data to be taken by another power. The organizational and mental structure of the cladeflow may not realize that some end-points are not in “friendly” hands for lack of a better word, and is allowing information not meant for outside the Collective to be viewed. The Collective may realize this hole and plug it at some point, though given recent events perhaps this whole release of vaults was not accidental and is part of the “war declaration” given by the Triglavians, and the video here an unstated threat of the magnitude of force they could bring to bear against their enemies.

1 Like

Pilot Nomistrav has reconstructed the wireframe in the Svarog Clade transmission; while we can’t be completely certain, it certainly looks like a schematic view of the vessel currently under construction.

8 Likes

Sweet merciful… it’s massive! And unless it’s asymmetric - which I doubt beyond all belief - it’s not even finished yet!

2 Likes

The imagery included in the transmission was partially occluded; I’d have to look at some of the less cleaned-up versions, but it could very well be that asymmetry is a product of the occlusion…?

2 Likes

The Scope video seems to have the best views of it.

1 Like

From what I have seen of the data, the incomplete sections warded by containment fields, etc…It is looking to be a -massive- vessal. Wider than a standard New Eden dreadnought. But still along the same length as one. When it is complete by my estimations it will be symmetrical.

3 Likes

I was able to acquire a Semiosis Conduction Console (Veles Clade) for 1 Billion Isk through a private contract. The price for these has gradually gone up and I have seen several people try to buy them for even more than what I was willing to spend.

1 Like

Hm. Suppose we’ll have to increase our offer, then.

1 Like

Have you noticed any spacetime wiggling yet ?

1 Like

What concerns me, actually, is those two bright sections on either “wing.” Now, this would be a deviation from previously observed Triglavian ship design, but those could possibly be singularity engines, as are usually found in singular at the core of a Triglavian ship. Common wisdom would suggest that, when the ship is fully built, there would be three of them.

What would a starship need with three singularity engines? Beats the heck out of me, but I’m certainly not comfortable with it.

2 Likes

Clearly 3 small ones are better than one large one.

2 Likes

makes sense really, i’m not entirely clear on the whole science side of things, but i’d assume that the larger the singularity, the harder it is to contain. kinda like with piston engines, there is only so large you can make them before the explosions required to move them would end up destroying the casing.

3 small ones also means you have redundancy in case one of them fails.

1 Like

edit for clarity: talking about the construction room
Third one I found, and first site of the day, finally managed to clear the thing. took many pictures, got some rather nice up close and personal views of the structure. got a semiosis conductor as well. hoping the clades try to make contact again, would hate to have gone to all this effort only to have missed my chance.

3 Likes

Finally chanced upon the construction site myself.

Svarog Clade Leshaks and aligned Rogue Drones guard the area en masse, and at the center is the ship - I call it that because I’d be absolutely astonished if it were anything else. I was able to observe the site closely after dispatching its considerable defensive fleet, and left after retrieving materials from one of the tangent caches.

Caches sit within cages nearby, assumedly supplying materials for the gargantuan shipyard.

The forward prow and decks form an imposing face for the vessel, and many rows of windows suggest a quite large intended crew compliment. The ship’s gargantuan core cradle sits below, not yet holding its continuous-output engine characteristic to all Triglavian ships.

Gargantuan boosters are in the process of being installed on the hull; this is a ship.

An enormous hardpoint, suspended above a fielded pre-mesh of the vessel’s right wing.

This is one of many sites - the presence of these shipyards in multiple weather-class Abyssal areas and systems sufficiently confirms that - and if I had to make a guess, I’d say that this is the Collective’s take on a Dreadnought-ranged vessel. Seeing as Svarog Clade guards the sites, perhaps the ship is of their own design - might it share the Clade’s name? I’m certain we won’t have to wait long to discover more about these mysterious shipyards & their contents.

4 Likes

Down with this sort of thing!

1 Like

With this sort of questioning going around, I have to wonder myself if the reason for the size is not to power an XL entropic disintegrator, but three large entropic disintegrators as a weapons platform for sieging targets, and/or acting as a bulwark for other ships to hide behind? If it does indeed use three supratidal entropic disintegrators instead of a larger one, the potential Drifter elimination capacity would be staggering.

Supratidals are already powerful for their size and tracking, building a ship to put three of them on would be powerful beyond reckoning. And as a dreadnought hull it would be much stronger than most, if not all dedicated battleship tanks, meaning it could, with the right fitting, eat up a single doomsday or more.

I eagerly await the chance to look over the specifications, and hope that it is not turned against us.

1 Like

There should be a planet-busting “kaboom.”

No, that will be saved for their titan, in due time.

If any supratidals were to be fitted to a hypothetical Dreadnought, I’d only assume they’d be arranged in the form of a weapon similar to high-angle batteries we currently have, seeing as the Collective has begun to put out vessels further matching our own categorizations.

The hardpoint sizes suggest larger weapons, and I’d be shocked if a vessel that much larger than a battleship didn’t have its own range of weapon size built in conjunction with it.

As for “planet-cracking”, even our titans have nowhere near the ability to achieve such a feat - though they could obviously do considerable damage. Nevertheless, the most critical infrastructure of our age seems to be near-unanimously located in hidden depths of space, and not on any planets - as such, what’s really the need for such actions as breaking one?

The main reason to blow up a planet is to demonstrate that you can (and also to improve your view of surrounding nebula).

Furthermore, depending on the definition of “our” and “titan” - the good sir is mistaken.

Our Cluster-Plus-Some has in fact seen the use of titanic, planet-shattering weapons.

The giant metal eating mushrooms with which I, a genius, cleared Caldari Prime’s Great Frozen Tekkojaarvu of toxic heavy metal contamination were themselves grown in part from organic samples very generously given to me by an Anookie researcher who shall go nameless in case anonymity was desired.

Said Anookie researcher grew them on a “shattered planet” in said Anookie space.

Those planets (and some of our own) achieved “shattered” status through the employment of weapon systems developed by precursor civilizations - of which the Threeway Gang is an(other) instance.