[ARC] Triglavian forces fighting in known space

Can you mine those?

Uh, turns out yes.

Interesting ore. I’m not sure anymore that it’s originally stuff emerging out of the Abyss …

We haven’t seen any Zorya so far today. Hostile fleets seem to have reduced a lot. Is it because we know how to spot and close conduits, now? Or is something else going on?

I certainly hope this is not true, and if it is, that I had nothing to do with that.

I want to see 3000 triglavian ships fighting 5000 goons ships !!!

If at first you don’t succeed throw rocks at them?

1 Like

Thank you for your response, @Perun_Clade_Koschoi. I appreciate that you’re willing to participate in a dialogue, though your answers just raise further questions.

Why has the Convocation decided to launch this invasion? What is the “it” you refer to in the phrase “The Convocation has deemed it fit join in force”? Most importantly, how will the Triglavian forces treat noncombatants in the regions they are attacking?

Yeah, trauma can do that to people. I got my hands on a copy of a recording made after a Sansha incursion where they were interviewing someone who actually wanted to be taken. The man knew he was going to be fitted with slave implants and turned into a True Slave with no will of his own, and he was actually looking forward to it.

God, that was one of the creepiest things I’ve ever seen. He had the worst thousand-klick stare imaginable, and his behavior was a textbook example for post-traumatic depression. The few times he smiled were even worse because he actually seemed…heartbroken that the incursion had been driven off before they could take him.

It also attracts megalomaniacs and sociopaths. Sansha’s Nation may call itself a paradise, but less than one percent of its population get to enjoy it. Many brilliant-yet-twisted minds have emigrated there because they enjoy the power they wield over people who literally cannot think of disobeying, among other reasons.

Personally, I wouldn’t trust anyone with the kind of power Sansha’s implant technology would give them. It’s entirely possible they could be used for benign or even beneficial purposes, but that’s just a matter of programming. Studies of the technology indicate that every variant, no matter how small, can be used to destroy someone’s free will. Whoever or whatever was in charge of the system would be able to create their own version of Sansha’s “True Slaves” with relatively minor effort.

As far as the Triglavians’ opinion of Sansha’s Nation goes, I’m going to dip back into theorizing again and propose it’s because Sansha has created a horrible, perverted mirror of their own society.

Everyone noticed how Zorya Triglav spoke with three voices; one male, one female, and one (apparently) synthetic. What I noticed on subsequent viewings is how each voice spoke the same words and had the same general tone, but were never in perfect sync. This is a stark difference from the stereotypical “hive-mind entity” speech, where numerous bodies all speak with the exact same volume, tone, inflection, and speed.

I hypothesize that the Triglavians might be a civilization that uses implant technology to link themselves together without destroying the free will or personality of each individual; instead of “hive-linking” the Triglavians use “collective-linking”. If this is true, then Zorya Triglav’s dissonant speech may have been the three individuals asserting that they were individuals, even while they spoke the same words to us as a demonstration of their unity.

I can see a number of advantages with this system, especially when it comes to communication and education. Individuals who are linked via their implants would be able to communicate with one another with unmatched speed and clarity, and unlike audio and text-based communication it would be all but impossible for them to misunderstand one another. Indeed, such a link would most likely allow the users to understand their fellows more accurately and completely than any other.

Since the implants essentially allow the users to treat their own thoughts, experiences, and memories as data, it’s probable that they would also have access to a more advanced version of the skill training systems used by capsuleers. Instead of just teaching the implanted individual how to be proficient at any given task, the implants would allow them to draw upon all the relevant knowledge and experience of every other implanted individual. Even skill injectors don’t compare to this because the implanted individual isn’t just being given “book learning”, they’re being given all the relevant “real-world” experience as well!

This system would be equivalent to having the ability to not only give a brand new capsuleer mastery in every skill the system can teach them, but also give that same newbie the collective field experience of every capsuleer who has ever flown a pod. They would go from a complete rookie with no idea what they’re doing to someone who could make the entirety of Rooks and Kings look like amateurs!

Finally, Zorya Triglav’s statement that “Deviant Automata must conform or be extirpated”, when combined with the fact that one of their voices sounded distinctly synthetic, leads me to the conclusion that the Triglavians include artificial intelligences amongst their number. They don’t use Sansha’s repulsive “True Slave” system because not only is it abhorrent to them, but it would actually be less effective than what they have in place right now.

I don’t think I need to describe just what kind of advantages a society that’s fully integrated cooperative/friendly seed AI would have over our own.

Maybe? I haven’t seen any evidence they consider a desire for peace to be as offensive as the Drifters or Sansha’s Nation. Zorya Triglav didn’t demand that we enter Abyssal Deadspace and prove ourselves, they offered it, much like someone with a competitive streak would tell a prospective opponent to bring their A game.

Maybe? There’s always a possibility the Triglavians have decided to stop hitting areas with significant military and capsuleer presence in order to focus their efforts on bringing ships to k-space in areas that don’t see much traffic. The conduits are a bottleneck that entire fleets can park themselves at and vaporize any ship that comes out before it has a chance to fire back, and having armadas of ships face off in battle sounds more like a “proving” than hundreds of capsuleers vaporizing a much smaller fleet over and over again.

1 Like

I think the Convocation is somehow linked to the Amarr seeing as how all of the salvaged components are under the Amarr category on the market as well as not a single Invasion has taken place, yet, in any Amarr system .

The Convocation…revenge for the death of Empress Jamyl I?

One of the invasions last week, as I recall, was localized entirely within Amarr space, and as for the salvage components, that’s a loose thread at best, and the general concensus on the matter is that said salvage components are associated with the T2 Triglavian ships that were developed by Amarrian manufacturers.

Literally nothing else that has been indicated thus far suggests any relation between Triglavians and present-day Amarr, and you’re already jumping to conclusions.

2 Likes

1 Like

Temporarily closed for decontamination - apologies capsuleers.

14 Likes

Triglavian technology has some stuff in common with Amarrian: channeled rather than projected plasma (scramblers/disintegrators rather than blasters), radar-based sensors (you’d think the Triglavians would use gravimetric, but maybe their power cores mess with that), armor-based defense, drones. If it’s being listed as Amarrian, it’s probably because the principles behind it are similar, which is probably what allowed the Amarr to quickly produce a “T2” modified version of the Triglavian Rodiva-class cruiser…

That doesn’t point to a connection, though, just to some similarities in design. At least one of the very first invasions last week was in Amarrian territory. I’d been wondering for a while why the Matari didn’t seem to be getting invaded, but, that pattern got broken pretty sharply a few days ago, too.

Also, something that kind of gave me a bit of a chill back when we first met the Triglavians: the Amarr did have an existing concept of “the Abyss”: the oblivion into which God casts the souls of heathens and heretics, those who are not welcomed into Paradise.

(I expect to fall into nothingness myself whether God exists or not, and think eternal life sounds horrendously boring, but it’s not something the Amarr see as a happy concept.)

Not a happy place.

Anyway, even if there were a connection-- like, if the Triglavians were an Amarrian progenitor race that had vanished into the Abyss, leaving a colony at Amarr Prime and some artifacts that would later become the basis for Amarrian technology-- I don’t think that’d imply that a reunion would necessarily be a cheerful one.

1 Like

Your work is appreciated, but it’s pointless if you can’t prohibit the offending party from coming back and dumping a bunch of crap all over this thread again.

Well-- except, if a warning was given, and can now be acted upon…!

1 Like

Today I was digging in the central system. And I saw that 59 pilots promised reward. Anyone in the know? Concorde started to move?

1 Like

That the Imperial Navy would be utterly worthless, but capsuleers will throw away as many baseliner lives as they can manage in order to inflict barely-noticeable losses?

If they start coming into territory we control, that’s not unlikely. If they don’t… we’ll see.

1 Like

You have very strange ideas.

Very successful was the Invasion.

You’re talking nonsense!

Nothing to do with Amarr.

1 Like