[ARC] Triglavian Situation Unfolding - Empire Forces Under Attack

I can’t help but feel a bit pathetic. The various navies seem to be able to push the Triglavians back when they don’t receive capsuleer support. It seems as though only through the actions of the worst among us that the Triglavians can win at all.

The Triglavians are powerful, but manageable on their own. In Aldik, I spent some time looking for fights between the Triglavians and the Republic Fleet, assisting the Fleet against the Triglavians, turning what would likely have been a close battle to a one-sided affair. In Warouh, I closed conduits myself with a Harbinger by stringing them out and picking them off in order of speed. In Raravoss, I try to avoid the hordes of hostile capsuleers and find Triglavian stragglers to pounce on… but when there’s significant capsuleer support for the Triglavians it’s not enough.

The capsuleer supporters of the Triglavians seem fairly organized. When they focus on a system, they seem get strong numbers. They’re foregoing heavy support in quite a few systems and that’s led to EDENCOM establishing fortresses in several of them already. The systems they choose to focus on however, are in *deep *trouble.

I haven’t given up fighting and I’ll continue fighting the Triglavians regardless of what happens, but I feel pathetic and powerless. I’ve never been one to go easy on myself after a failure, but losing against these Triglavians with the potential stakes as high as they are… is a terrible feeling.

I can’t shake the feeling that I’m currently sitting in what is likely to be the first and unlikely to be the last system that will fall to the Triglavians. Every failure will likely mean untold amounts of death and destruction and… I won’t be able to not feel at least partially responsible.

I’m not optimistic.

9 Likes