[ARC] Triglavian Situation Unfolding - Empire Forces Under Attack

Triglavian ground units have been noted in the past, Dr. Riordan, so I do believe I and Mr. Eskola-Fae’s redeployment of auxiliary warclone, clonepilot, and baseline SecOps forces to Muttokon II is not without its merits in terms of combating, either way, our activities are indeed already primarily safeguard and evacuation orientated in nature.

4 Likes

Woke up this morning to find Triglavian forces … apparently withdrawn from Aldik?

All quiet for now.

What happened? Were they just … testing something?

1 Like

given past patterns, yes

1 Like

A thought:

Neither of the systems that moved to the Trigs thus far have had stars of Gold or Glory immanence; perhaps this is the key, and progressing Liminality will only occur in systems of those types.

The presumption has been that both of those have been Blue stars, but there’s increasing evidence to suggest that Immanent Gold may in fact be Yellow stars - I wonder what might happen in systems with those star classifications?

5 Likes

I think EDENCOM have now committed resources to defending systems. The Triglavian forces have not. IT makes sense if you consider that maybe the Triglavians have limited resources to pitch at systems and will only retain those systems they deem essential.

2 Likes

It’s been a long time since I got out of the Basic Officer Leadership Course… But I seem to recall the concept of “Reconnaissance in Force” and that sure seems like it to me. Commit minimal force for an initial high intensity push, see the enemy reaction, withdraw, and readjust. Let us hope they don’t learn too well.

6 Likes

Basic principles of guerrilla warfare. Those are their tactics it seems.

1 Like

Well, they do have a place to withdraw to where we absolutely, definitely can’t chase them, after all.

Or, you know, if we do it’ll be on their terms.

4 Likes

a simple, elegant and fitting theory based on what we know could be that they try to recreate the various environments of abysssal deadspace.

• yellow stars are “new” stars, a gamma emission happen at the birth of the star, after that, it don’t disappear entirely, it’s called an afterglow.
  • white dwarves contain “degenerate matter” and with the right gravitational perturbation, exotic particles can appear.
  • blue stars are short lived stars that produce too much energy for their own radiation emission’s capacity, given the difficulties of data collecting for the inside of those stars, it’s very possible that abyssal deadspace is a place of “discharge” and could be the “electrical storms”
  • orange stars are active ones, old enough not not have an afterglow anymore but not yet reached one of of the other forms, and, once again, with the right gravitational configuration could create “storm” in the solar winds (which are basically plasma).

what about the pink/purple stars then ?

they are… abnormal…

If we stick to the general theory of relativity, they shouldn’t exist.
the example below, should, in theory, emit around the white-yellow spectrum.

I won’t delve in the details, but it mean there is a redish influence, that probably come from a red or brown dwarf.

So, please, bear in mind that the following sentence is pure speculation and would need to be tested.

it could be an effect of dark matter, bending space time reality and making this “illusion” of pink/purple colors.

((OOC: I can provide IRL links on the relation between the stars and their “effects” if needed. just don’t want to place a lot of links on a IC post))

5 Likes

An aquaintance was surveying the invaded system in Aldik as it turned towards Triglavian control. He warped to a new signature and was witness to this structure, a gate, which he managed to transmit a long-range image of. Bravely, he entered the gate and was lost to a sea of Triglavian forces awaiting within. Before being vaporized he transmitted a final voice comment …“I see something off in the distance…”.

5 Likes

CONCORD actively protecting people attacking EDENCOM, and still shielding them from war declarations if they are structure-less, is a disturbing travesty.

4 Likes

It certainly makes me question what exactly their goal is here. Might also be a case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing or internal conflicts.

Edit: Could also be that EDENCOM likes to play games with us just like the Trigs do.

2 Likes

Something I noticed while observing EDENCOM and Triglavian forces in Muttokon, a unique situation since it is under invasion by the Triglavians and incursion by the Sansha, was that EDENCOM refused to attack a Sansha frigate on a gate, and the Triglavians did. The last time the Empires came together to fight a threat, it was the Sansha, so why would they ignore them now?

3 Likes

did the sansha attacked the EDENCOM ?
if no, because the triglavians seem to view the sansha’s as “corrupted”, so it would be an actual good tactic to let the triglavian engage targets they “hate” rather than them.

if yes, then maybe our dear provost should have made all the checkups before launching the ships.

The sansha ship didnt even have its engines on, it was just sitting on the gate, like it was watching what happened. It didnt shoot either side either, but it could have been doing reconnaissance

1 Like

After a long and hard fighting the system of Raravoss was just announced as no longer protected by CONCORD: The effective security rating dropped from 0.6 to 0.3. This is sad. This certainly not the last word on it though.

1 Like

Fellow Capsuleers

A quick update in the Risk Group estimation and the situation in Raravoss.

With the drop of security CONCORD has withdrawn forces. Violence escalates and ingates are now possible chokepoints. Beware when traveling into Raravoss. Form up in adjacent systems if you want to oppose the ongoing escalation.

The local sun in Raravoss (Blue B0) was not affected so far, but two Observatory Flashpoint sites are fought over by the Amarr Empires and the Convocation of Triglav. The fight over the manipulation of stars has begun. While we saw Inaya pushed into Liminality and the invasion disappear shortly after, the Blue Star system Raravoss continues to be invaded for now.

Local sun in Raravoss, unaffected so far.

Following the idea of the risk group we have to undertake every effort to prevent the progression of liminality in Raravoss. Also, the remote system of Keri (Blue Sun A0) has a very similar risk probability. We urge to form up quickly and efficiently and close this somewhat sleepy low security dead end system before it can establish a foothold for the Triglavian invaders. After all we know from the observations so far, the Blue Star systems might see greater engagement and pose a greater risk for the inhabitants. Even though we have seen many invaded systems with suns others than of blue color, we still uphold the expectation that blue stars are a primary objective for the Convocation of Triglav.

Sincerely,

Haria Haritimado

3 Likes

Considering that apparently the Trigs pay capsuleers in ISK through SCC’s very own system, I do have to wonder just how staggering this incompetence/rivalry gets.

Did someone from DED/EDENCOM/whatever just keep parking in some SCC guy’s favorite spot and the latter decided that this is the last straw and he has to get back at them somehow, extradimensional invasion be damned?

Or maybe they literally don’t know how to shut the Trigs out of it because the databases are run on ancient code nobody can make sense of because it hasn’t been commented properly and the coders all went down with the Yulai station years ago?

I’m certain there are reasonable explanations that do not cast CONCORD in such a dim light, I just have to keep looking for one. I hope.

4 Likes

It’s the Meme Worm.

That thing that apparently penetrated all of the SCC and the Gal-Net data networks a while back. That’s how they’re doing it.

3 Likes

Question is not what they’re doing, but why are they allowed to keep doing it. It is well within SCC’s power to simply reverse the transaction. Even if a meme worm somehow makes ISK magically appear out of thin air (let’s not delve into the implications of what this might do for the economy), it should be within their power to reverse such transactions.

Unless they don’t care or don’t know how, as per my original post.

2 Likes