[ARC] Triglavian Situation Unfolding - Empire Forces Under Attack

Does anyone have an explanation or theory about the invasion in Vaajaita? I may be incorrect but it seems to be in a unique state at the present time:

2 Likes

There’s a handful of systems that were classified as a ‘minor victory’ for one side or another. Horaka for example, ended in a minor victory for EDENCOM.

I’ve heard a number of ideas from people, but I’m not comfortable propping any of them up as fact just yet. All I can tell is that sometimes after the reconnaissance, the winning side either doesn’t want to or can’t continue to further fortify or escalate in certain systems.

It seems like the winning side usually retains some small presence in these systems.

2 Likes

do the drones and triglavians interacts ?

Unknown if any interaction occurs. I have not surveyed the system I was just reporting the state of it and wondered if this is unique.

1 Like

Do you have thoughts on the Transmuter Beam effect on the photosphere? Based on the images provided, the chromosphere appears potentially unaffected. Using a single particle beam to drastically diminish the visible spectrum, I find it difficult to believe that they could simply halt the emission of photons, and lowering the radiative temperature would diminish the chromosphere, wouldn’t it? If they are fueling these reactors of theirs, do they manipulate the EM emission toward the ionizing band, from somewhere just outside the stellar core, and that is what necessitates the shield structure around the beam (whilst explaining the change in appearance)? Are ship or structure shields affected in these systems?

In fact, it’s more a matter of… matter and not energy.

If the transmuter is altering the fusion reaction of the star, the blue star could actually gain a red-ish tint.

On paper it would be a very efficient process:

• minimal input energy ( compared to what is gained)
  • stabilization of a star that would go nova “soon” otherwise
  • creation of ultra-heavy atoms otherwise extremely rare.

IF their process is well made, AND without interference, it would be done with almost no risk of accident, since without the stellar manipulation, the fusion process would “simply” resume it’s usual activity.

That would be if you consider the system as inhabited of course or have a complete disregard for the life on the planets.

I will reiterate that It’s my firm belief that we should NOT interfere with the transmuter from now on.

During a military operation, the stellar manipulation would have dire consequences almost certainly end up in catastrophe.

1 Like

Mm. If I see this correctly then, the loss in apparent eV is due to a photodisintigrative process by which normal stellar fuel undergoes a manipulated reaction, reducing the radiation in the synthesis of the altered matter, porevitium. So the transmuter is an injector of sorts, higher energy than I originally thought… much to think about.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, Dr.

Here’s my question about that, though:

The photons coming out of the star’s corona have been bouncing off of atoms, fighting against the much higher gravity gradient inside the star, and generally working their way toward the surface for thousands of years.

Why’d they red-shift immediately?

Because of the immediate drop in temperature and the fact that the transmuter probably start by changing the upper layer of the sun.

If you like, the star would gain a red tint because the transmuter is changing part of the sun into a brown star.

Remember that it is a theory, i need more data. My last study about wormhole formations took 2 years of data collection.
And I’m locked planet side, so I can’t even deploy my data collection arrays.

Here I’m forced to make speculation based on what information is given here.

So even a small information could alter my theory.

Scientific theories are fluid, not fixed.

((OOC: and because light seem strange in new eden ^^ remember that carolina star did not respected the speed of light either ^^
It’s a game, not a simulation, we can throw as much technobabble into it, a star changing colors will always be more impacting than a scientific truth ^^" ))

1 Like

Situation Update from Aratak Research Consortium

So far we have only lost 2 systems to the Triglavian invaders, both Vale and Raravoss are at Final Liminality after extensive, heavy fighting.

Sakenta is under heavy attack by Triglavians and their capsuleer associates and is in First Liminality,Nalvula is likewise being contested and heading towards First Liminality any assistance people can lend Edencom would be greatly appreciated.

From our current experience destroying Triglavian roaming fleets and structures does a good job of hindering their invasion as well as destroying any of their conduits and sites.

On the plus side Brellystier is moving towards being an Edencom Redout and Eygfe is alread on and hopefully will be save. Skarkon is also being contested but no headway has yet been made in either direction.

A total of 16 systems are now Edencom Fortresses and safe from Triglavian Influence; details may be found in the Agency.

ARC and our allies have made numerous sorties in invading systems and significantly contributed to stemming the tide of invasion. Special mention should be made of Mantel, Debes Sparre, DutchGunner , Major Irritation and other FC’s for leading fleets into the contested systems and rthe length of time some of these guys have been running operations is outstanding.

A new group has formed; Edencom Defense Initiative, with a channel on the comms relay, please join them there where they are co-ordinating an active defense of New Eden. ARC FC’s have been assisting with their operations and more groups are also working together against the invasion. Good show all round.

Research and intelligence gathering is proceeding apace, hopefully we will have significant new information in the not too distant future. There are various teams studying the new Triglavian technology we have seen as well as their ships and tactics. Its a very busy time for all. I, or another of ARC’s officers will keep everyone updated of the news as soon as we confirm things.

10 Likes

You will be Extripated.

4 Likes

Dear interested parties,

While the Agency-Interface does indeed provide some information on the state of systems that are currently undergoing the process designated “Invasion” by the establishment of New Eden, it does lack

(1) the ability to review systems in different stages of the balance of power at the same time,
(2) information on minor victories by the competing forces and
(3) accessibility beyond the integration into capsuleer-based UI systems.

As such, an association of Kybernauts has taken it upon themselves to provide an alternative, better interface to provide these informations. It can be accessed via the following gateway: https://kybernaut.space/invasions

We encourage everyone to review the available information and act according to the merit of the agendas and interests represented, instead of defaulting to the CONCORD-suggested alignement to the empire forces.

7 Likes

Galactic Hour News Roundup: Triglavian Conquests and EDENCOM Fortresses Edition

FTL communications with the populated planets and other colonial sites in Vale have been maintained, with the Triglavian approach to utilization and administration of the system appearing to differ from that seen in Raravoss. Triglavian forces have certainly landed on the four temperate planets but have made no aggressive moves or threatened the major population centers. However, a Federal Marines base on Vale II was obliterated from orbit by a Zirnitra -class Dreadnought after it opened fire on Triglavian overflights in its territorial zone.

Imperial Navy and House Sarum forces have taken up positions in the Zemoth and Vaarma constellations with a view to repelling possible Triglavian expansion out of Raravoss. EDENCOM has refused to comment on reports that AEGIS special forces remain in Raravoss. The Upwell Consortium has also refused requests for the clarification of the role Arkombine and Mordu’s Legion mercenary clone units reported to be active in Raravoss.

So far we have:

• Stelar manipulation that we do not understand the purpose
  • Fear of interference on ecosystems due to changes in temperature from the stars
  • No agression (so far) against civilians
  • Extreme actions against combatant forces
  • Preservation of infrastructure
  • Lots of destuction where ENDECOM forces are present
3 Likes

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun.

Funny how you omit that which does not fit your narrative.

They thankfully haven’t outright slaughtered the populations of Vale as I feared would happen, but Raravoss has gone silent and the scene of evacuation efforts there were bombed. It seems that they’re still taking people. Anyone who bombs the scene of evacuation efforts does not have peoples’ best interests in heart.

Additionally the likely ecological effects combined with inability to get supplies to the planets spell eventual doom for the stranded inhabitants anyway.

2 Likes

Troops, Arkombine and Lordus Warclone Soldiers, AEGIS Forces. Where there are combat troops, they go full force.

As i mentioned.

It is like a quicksand situation, the more fighting AEGIS put up, harder they go and more stuck in the situation ALL OF US become.

Remember the damn unarmed Circadian Sleepers? We shot them, over and over again.

Driters showed up to protect them and lots of stuff happened later until and Empress got murdered.

To be seen. Perhaps it will become an unconfirmed fear, like the slaughter of the population.

So the amount of light coming to planets is already reduced…

but ecological effects will become an ‘unconfirmed fear’? How exactly do you propose a temperate planet will maintain a survivable outdoor temperature well enough to mitigate the effects of this for an entire biosphere?

There will be ecological changes, but change is different from extinction.

• Aquaponics
  • Genetic engineering
  • Bioadaptation
  • Mutaplasmids?
  • Whatever the hell colonies on ice planets, barren planets, unterraformed planets do.
  • Terraforming

What are the immediate, short and long term changes? To be monitored. And adapt to it, because circumstances change all the time.

What a lovely shift of your goalposts! Arsia speaks of ‘likely ecological effects’, which you say may ‘become an unconfirmed fear’, and when it gets pointed out that the likely ecological effects are pretty well inescapable, suddenly we’re talking about extinction. And what do you recommend to mitigate the impact on an entire biosphere?

Aquaponics
This will not do a damned thing to replace the ecological complexity of a full biosphere. Nor is it viable on the scales needed for two major population centers (Nalvula IV and V). There is a reason that even in the most advanced areas of the cluster, agriculture at scale still uses soil, rain, and—zomg!—the incoming energy of the sun to grow plants.

Aquaponics does nothing to replace that lost energy. What do you propose, hooking up massive lamps to provide the light needed to grow crops for billions of humans and all of the other creatures on the planet? And where does the power for those lamps come from? Do you suggest that equally-massive power generation systems be conjured to make sure it’s all in place in the days it needs to occur in?

Genetic engineering
The Jove were a hell of a lot better at genetech than we are, and they couldn’t even cure the side effects of their efforts. We’ve seen no evidence that the Triglavians have progressed anywhere beyond the Jove in their capabilities. And you’re going to genetically re-engineer an entire biosphere? Carefully managing all of the trillions of interspecies interactions at all levels from viral up to megafauna? That’s rich. And setting all that aside…

Genetically engineer it to do what exactly? Survive at temperatures a hundred kelvin or more below the freezing point of water? Require less energy for photosynthesis? Genetic engineering isn’t a magic wand that lets you violate basic laws of physics just because you don’t like the math your chemistry requires.

Bioadaptation
A generic catch-all word that offers no actual solution.

Mutaplasmids?
Now you are seriously reaching. I’m not surprised you stuffed this one in the middle.

Whatever the hell colonies on ice planets, barren planets, unterraformed planets do.
Generally? Have much, much smaller populations. And, you know, not have anywhere near the level of biodiversity (ice planets) of terrestrial worlds, or no actual biosphere of their own, while that much, much smaller population lives in entirely enclosed areas.

You know what happens when you have billions of people plopped down on a barren, ice, or unterraformed world?

Billions of people die.

Terraforming
Takes centuries. You’re looking at the need for mutually-exclusive goals here: you’d need to thicken the atmosphere in a way that lets as much light in as possible, but holds as much heat as possible, and which maintains a reasonable and survivable level of atmospheric pressure. All that needs to be accomplished without triggering cloud formation that would reduce the light available for plants, and without triggering a feedback cycle that sends the planet spiraling down toward a CO2-heavy atmosphere with sulfuric acid rain.

Doing that is something that has to be done slowly, and carefully, with a lot of 'ok, let’s see if that matches the models or if there was something we didn’t take into account, especially in this weird Trig-impacted space where our normal physics doesn’t seem to work in predicted ways (see those system effects? Those mean ‘your math is all wrong now! HAHAHAHAH screw you stoopid hooman!!’).

Save the technobabble buzzword bingo for rubes like Napkins.

2 Likes

It is still within the wording and fears exposed at her topic. I do not like to engage in intellectual dishonesty, i would appreciate the same from you.

Please read again. I am not talking about keeping the biosphere as it were. Energy input changed, the rest of the equation will change. I am talking about ways of preserving the life at the planets in ways that are currently available to us, without resorting to future tech that would help.

I find dishonest that you to bring Jovian level of genetic manipulation for a discussion about gardening and food production, stuff we handle daily, and within genetic parameters. I find dishonest that you classify perfectly reasonable day to day practices, that anyone that stepped on dirt and planted something know, as technobable buzzword.

I do like you and your arguments, but right now we may be talking about different things. I will keep waiting for official statements and numbers insetead of fearmongering, for the data we have currently does not point to mass deaths.

Please consider avoid spreading panic, there is plenty of it around already.