[ARC] Widespread Drifter attacks against capsuleer infrastructure

Life has been unpleasantly eventful in the past 10 years or so, especially in terms of galactic boogiemen and active enroachment of various predatory forces on empire space. I’m actually not surprised there was apparently somekind of SoCT -led negotiation going on a while back with various pirate classified forces - the topic of throwing their lot in with the main empires if worst comes to pass was most likely intended to be discussed.

2 Likes

They use gates. If you’re doing to use a gatecamp, use titans. They’re moving 800m/s+, engaging at 70+km, and will kill and pod you. They’re chewing up normal capital ships like a slaver pup with an old shoe.

Also, watch for multiple drifter WHs in the same system. We had Conflux and Redoubt connect to KQK yesterday.

No. It is not. The Drifter fleets can be destroyed. Still waiting to see if the onslaught continues today.

2 Likes

If I’m reading this right…than that could implicate that they are capable of warping without the use of (celestial) beacons etc. Or possibly more likely, that they have something akin to a 300km range MJD.

1 Like

My chronoluminometer wiggled earlier. It had a peak reading of 3.6 Graelyns.

Dark Times indeed.

1 Like

No, they always move via their own means.

Not necessarily. We’ve gotten reports of them gating and annihilating a gate-camp on the other side.

3 Likes

Sadly, my ability to project force in 0.0 space is rather limited. Fortunately, I understand that the leader of the Imperium has declared the current crisis a “BOOT.INI/MONOCLE LEVEL !@#$UP” and redeployed his forces accordingly. Now, I lack the knowledge of the Imperium religion needed to interpret the meaning of “BOOT.INI/MONOCLE LEVEL !@#$UP”, but it sure sounds drastic, and so perhaps the vast resources of the Imperium will happen upon a solution to the Drifter onslaught before too many lives are lost.

I’m going to keep praying, though.

1 Like

Where was your CONCORD in YC117 ?

I do not see here CONCORD !

Starting to see renewed attacks. So far, citadel defenses have held.

1 Like

Oh, no, it wasn’t.

This use to be the term that discribed us…

Boogeymen? Makes sense. These guys I would call angry monsters, though. Attacking Corp space all at once isn’t exactly subtle.

No, just a swarm of ants.

Most of the organized groups have this handled now. The ‘threat’ of these things is no longer significant.

The demons are pouring from the core of Hell to our realm. Surely CVA is to blame.

They’re not demons, they’re not coming from Hell. They’re infomorphs coming from J-space. It might as well be Hard Knocks, at this point. As long as you’re not stupid, they won’t get you, and you can kill them by the hundred.

2 Likes

Yeah, the farmed are becoming farmers :crazy_face:

They are demons. You can tell it just by looking at them. Aura of pure and eternal hate radiates from them. God Omnipotent and His faitfulls are anathema to them.

It seems i must undoc and start fighting instead of just talking. I cannot allow Creation to succumb into the jaws of demonic kraken.

I am the whitle flame that burns shadow and great wind that blows like a great wind.

1 Like

You’re an idiot.

“As long as you’re not stupid, they won’t get you” <— you? You, they’ll get.

2 Likes

Well. I can’t disagree with that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.