Are Voice Hotkeys allowed

(Zoe Kaytollare) #1

I’ve been looking for a day or two for an answer but I can’t find one exactly relating to this. I understand the ban on macros but if i was to make a voice hotkey, for example I say “stop” to press the stop hotkey would that be against the rules?

(Memphis Baas) #2

They are allowed, with the same restrictions as programmable keyboards or mice, or software scripts. Namely, one in-game action per command, and no delays or detection of screen elements. So “Stop” = stop ship (ctrl-space) is ok, but “attack” = lock target (ctrl-click), <delay of 1 second>, then activate weapons (F1, F2, F3) is not ok (because that would be multiple actions in-game, and delays in between).

EDIT: I should say I’m just a player and thus this is an opinion; I think it’s correct, but if you want an official ruling from CCP on this you should open a support ticket and ask your question in the ticket.

(Kathern Aurilen) #3

I was looking into playing Elite: Dangerous and I was amazed by the voice command thing that alot of people were using. I loved the voice packs that you could get. Some of that was the coolest crap I ever seen.

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.