Are Voice Hotkeys allowed

I’ve been looking for a day or two for an answer but I can’t find one exactly relating to this. I understand the ban on macros but if i was to make a voice hotkey, for example I say “stop” to press the stop hotkey would that be against the rules?

They are allowed, with the same restrictions as programmable keyboards or mice, or software scripts. Namely, one in-game action per command, and no delays or detection of screen elements. So “Stop” = stop ship (ctrl-space) is ok, but “attack” = lock target (ctrl-click), <delay of 1 second>, then activate weapons (F1, F2, F3) is not ok (because that would be multiple actions in-game, and delays in between).

EDIT: I should say I’m just a player and thus this is an opinion; I think it’s correct, but if you want an official ruling from CCP on this you should open a support ticket and ask your question in the ticket.

3 Likes

I was looking into playing Elite: Dangerous and I was amazed by the voice command thing that alot of people were using. I loved the voice packs that you could get. Some of that was the coolest crap I ever seen.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.