Arrests of Mikramurka Defense Officials

I’d rather prefer they stay out the the Empire as well, thank you very much.

This is not a thread meant for me, however, so I will leave it at that.

1 Like

No, like, seriously? Omir’s harvesters land on Matar and you start to blame your shifty highlander neighbors who like their goats a bit too much for that?

I mean, I totally understand Else giving me the magical boomerang boot, because it’s personal to her clan and she sees no difference between me and a Corpii Herald, and I took no offence. But what the actual thukk? An Angel with a history of being a Mary and Squid merc tells the Matari that it’s the Krusual who did it, and suddenly wow, it’s Dano Gheinok manifest?

Like, seriously, you need that little to fall into this ■■■■? Then the Republic needs no Covenant, or Sansha, Drifters, or Triangles, or the Amarr to fall to pieces. You all will do it for them.

Teinyhr wanted me to biomass myself, she’s my enemy, and yet I fully agree with her in this thread, because, what the actual ■■■■?!

4 Likes

Oh snap, now you all have got me agreeing with Jade!

2 Likes

Nobody’s ‘falling into’ anything. Wary skepticism of the Shakorites’ motives isn’t unreasonable, and it sure as heck ain’t a new result of this post.

Teiny’s right, though: go biomass yourself.

4 Likes

After you.

Yet Kalas baiting has gone in hook, line and sinker for a ton of people here. The whole thing has gone from wary skepticism to airing and reviving old, like, ancient rivalries and hatreds. It is pretty damn awkward that a bloody Sanist thinks we’re all nuts for turning on each other.

Someone brought up in another thread the issue of the pull of Sanism, and I recall alluding to the same problem: rather than blaming Tribes for wanting to hurt each other, a simpler and more chilling likelihood is, that the Tribes might harbor surprisingly organized and widespread Sanist movements and collaborators.

Everything we know of our history tells us that the Tribes spent a very long time fighting one another, before we finally learned to live without war.

Then the Amarr taught us how to hate again.

I find it far easier to believe in old grudges and rivalries than to believe there’s a massive, highly-organized, Sanist fifth column throughout the Tribes.

And it wasn’t ‘someone’ who brought that up, it was Jade. The same Blooder wannabe acolyte of Funk who’s in here trying to act like she hasn’t made a career of betrayals and lies. Ignore her. She seeks only to sow hate and chaos—even when using a supposed call to calm as her tool for leveling accusations.

2 Likes

I don’t mean “massive, and highly organized.” I said surprisingly, and I would say even a few thousand would be a surprising amount for me. Yet even a few people at right positions can do damage far out of proportion.

As for ancient grudges: I’d really rather if we didn’t go out of our way to rekindle them, which is how I’ve viewed these recent discussions myself.

That’s fair, but… I dunno. We’re contentious. We bicker. We argue. We defend our own perspectives… I don’t know how well that squares with a group like that staying secret long enough to get into the ‘right positions’. I see it happening a lot easier in the Empire because they shut down their own dissent. They keep themselves quiet. So they’re more… culturally susceptible to people quietly working at odds with their society’s goals.

I kinda feel like that’s served us well, even now. Stars know, if Shakor and his people were good at skullduggery, we wouldn’t have nearly as much reason to be skeptical of them as we do.

The way it was reported in the news, suggested the Red Amarr were using their own ships, out of bases in a nearby system.

The Blood Raider strike force is believed to have staged out of forward operating bases in the Evannater constellation. Mining installations in the Atgur system have also been struck by the Blood Raiders, with the cultist pirates apparently taking advantage of mobilization and redeployment movements of local Republic Fleet elements.

So it’s being painted that there was a hole in Fleet’s coverage. A hole in the defences of Matar, big enough for a Red Amarr strike force to waltz in seemingly unopposed.

So let’s break that down.

There was a hole in the space defence perimeter of Matar. Why ? Lack of ships ? Bad scheduling of routine patrols ? An early warning sensor blind spot ? How did the Red Amarr get to Matar ? How were they aware of Fleet’s mobilisation and deployment movements ? Those movement orders should have been sent by quantum entangled comms, right ? And those can’t be intercepted, right ? They should be secure, right ?

If Fleet needs more ships, we can build them. If they need more crew, we can sign up. If they need better sensors, our electronics whizkids can divert their experiments in that direction.

We know that something went wrong on Matar’s close-in planetary defence. We know it’s being investigated. We know they’re going after the officials whose responsibility it is.

It has also been reported that Sanmatar Shakor “lambasted the head of Mikramurka coastal defense in his private office for twenty minutes” before issuing a memorandum to Chief Acassa Midular of the Sebiestor recommending the dismissal of that official.

But we haven’t heard even the slightest hint of any investigation or inquiry having been initiated to look at any of the issues about Fleet seemingly dropping the ball and allowing an attack on Matar. No reports of the Grand Admiral, or the Admiral in charge of the Pator Patrol or whatever the Pator system’s defence task forces are called, or anyone else at Fleet being “harangued by the Sanmatar”.

Now obviously, I’m not expecting there to be detailed reports of an investigation being published - that stuff is sensitive and all that, but you’d have thought that the fact that an investigation exists should be something people would be allowed to know.

For our outerworlds clans, how does busting the commander of some planetary AA batteries address any of these apparent issues at Fleet ?

This is all without going anywhere near tinfoil conspiracy theory territory.

Something has clearly gone wrong. Tell us what it is, we can try to fix it.

3 Likes

The way it was reported in the news was the initial reporting immediately after the fact. Which, in these situations (sudden massive catastrophes), always tends to be knee-jerk and incomplete, without people taking the time for due diligence. So let’s do us a little thought experiment.

Scenario 1:

• An entire strike force of Blooder ships—which are not subtle ships, let’s keep in mind. Even when they’re not using their own special hulls like the Cruor and Ashimmu, they’re pretty distinctive. So an entire strike force of Blooder ships travels through at least 3 stargates, crossing 2 systems of highsec including 1.0-rated Ammold, before even getting to Pator. Then, once they get into the Republic’s capital, they drive right up to the Minmatar homeworld and begin an orbital bombardment of chemical weapons pods. These pods will survive re-entry well enough to not incinerate the contents, of course, because doing that would render it burnt up, instead of psychoactive. Having done this, they casually exfiltrate, without any of their ships being destroyed, without the stargates denying them passage because the Republic turned them off, nothing.

Or…

Scenario 2:

• Blooder agents staged a bunch of chemical weapons in the Evannater constellation at a FOB. They then moved those weapons into a convenient station, and hired reputable, third-party commercial freighters, to move their weapons to Matar. Once there, they set them up, put them on timers, and cleared way the hell out, long before the missiles fire off.

Which is more likely? Which requires a more massive failure all around? Missing a chemical signature (which was likely different than ‘normal’ Deathglow anyway—no need for the insorum—during a customs inspection is unfortunate, but everyone knows it happens, from time to time. Missing an entire fleet invading and conducting orbital strikes? Even a small fleet?

That, I think, is why we don’t see investigations of the Republic Fleet: the evidence recovered from the site of the attack probably doesn’t indicate an orbital strike. It’s the sort of thing there’d be a metric assload of redundancies for. Everyone with orbital infrastructure would have seen the ships moving. Ballistic defenses would have had time to intercept the reported missiles. And on and on.

No, I think in the end, this is most likely to have been missiles fired surface-to-surface, shipped in in parts and assembled, armed, and then remotely fired. That’s why the coastal defense head got called to the carpet.

1 Like

All of this sounds correct to me, but I think you’re missing the fact that the Blood Raiders are known to have kidnapped numerous people from Sundsele as well. So it wasn’t just an orbital bombardment.

3 Likes

You do not know Blood Raiders very well, Arrendis.

Really?

That doesn’t look like ‘known’. That looks like ‘unconfirmed’ reports.

And Aldrith…

You have plenty of reason, just no sense or willingness to.

After all your misdirections and scheming on just this one matter… no. You can’t be trusted. For all we know, everything you say now is part of yet another scheme or attempt to curry favor with Chakaid to make sure he doesn’t have his friends hit someplace you care about.

One of the downsides of trading in lies, Aldrith: no-one can ever be sure when you’re not.

1 Like

They won’t, the baseliners don’t trust us enough. They will use us, point us at problems that require large amount of high explosive, they will court our favour but they will never trust us.

A few years ago the Blood Raiders experimented with “Cold Iron” nanocoatings which were effective against military early warning systems, until DED released updated scanning algorithms. Perhaps they have improved upon those experiments and/or DED is so overwhelmed by other invasions that they have overlooked something?

3 Likes

Exactly what I was going to point out if I got the impression the advice would be appreciated.

I suspect the Raiders are able to update them to avoid the new protocols now and then for special occasions until scanners can be adapted again. We know they still use them in more limited capacities since the nanocoatings could be occasionally found in the wrecks of Deathglow gang ships last year. This would explain how they turning up in unexpected places so frequently.

Blood Raiders are masters of subtlety. Just because they are masters of terror as well does not mean they do not know how to hide.

Except you’ve been baldly partisan about this entire affair so naturally the Minmatar are going to discount everything you say.

2 Likes