Assets blocked in a station

Yeah, it’s either petty spite, or callous indifference - I’m not sure which is worse, to be honest :frowning: My condolences and, again, best of luck with retrieving it all!

I’ve been in null many times, over different regions and alliances/corps and I have never had my stuff locked in a station by the alliance i am with.

The people owning these stations are not the people that the OP used to fly with and it is common practice to lock down your stations in null so that only blues can dock there (Providence with its NRDS policy may be a bit different).

What makes things more difficult in this case is that the holder corp/alliance is probably not english speaking so there may be a little lost in translation too.

All stations and citadels in null sec (bar NPC null sec) are player owned as such and so this situation could happen anywhere.

The ideal scenario, if possible, would be to get all your stuff out to high sec before having to leave the game for a unknown perid of time, of course that is not always possible, but never assume your alliance or corp will still be in the same place as you left it if going on hiatus.

1 Like

Well to be fair … the guy did say something like “in times of war we cannot help you, maybe when we are done with this war we will be able to help you” with the little english that he knew

But even so i dont see why would allowing me to dock there even for a few hours like i asked, cause any trouble.

He then closed the channel and i wasnt able to get in touch with the guy, he wouldnt reply to me at all.

EDIT: how the hell do you quote in here? I so dont like these new forums of theirs

I am not sure how docking rights work or how they are given perhaps he cannot gve rights to an individual, someone with better knowledge than I would need to explain those mechanics

I doubt thats the case. While i havent managed stations like that i dont think its a problem of not being able to allow me to dock.

Docking rights can be given to individual characters trough an ACL

The owners of the station may, or may not like your past corporation, it happens.
I’d suggest you create a contract containing all assets you have in that station, and sell it for 80/90% Jita value, you can check that trough http://evepraisal.com/

Yeah i’ve already did the praisal thing. It may come to that but i still have a few things i could try

Starchasers are grouped in with Fratenity, they are also blue to Tri which you could try to join, this might be your best and easiest course of action.

Most null sec groups will act like that if you do not suit their recruitment standards, after all fire sales are what many people are after. I had one when a guy who had a lot of stuff at the Fort in MB where I was, he did a contract firesale because he had obviously heard that PL was coming to play.

In terms of changes to that sov, Fratenity and their allies are a growing null sec block and will be a major part of how things develop in nullsec. It could be that they get to a certain point where they will conquer better areas due to numbers, but they are hamstrung a bit by the fact that they have to grind to pay for the accounts, as they cannot pay for the game with RL money from what I understand. My reading is that they will be there for a long time and they will be difficult to evict. I think they will have strategic alliances with NC/PL.

So in effect they could move to better space, but not for a while…

You could wait until the system changes so that all stations become faction Fortizers, then you could asset safety the lot, will cost 15% of the value and the station it ends up in will be camped, which is a lowsec station, but it will be easier to access. I hope this helps.

1. Petition CCP to move your stuff.

2. Make a deal with owners to get your stuff out.
    Show them your API to convince them you arent an enemy.

Rationally they benefit absolute zero from what you have there, and only stand to gain if you offer them something for you or them to move it out.

Unfortunately, many people arent rational.

At some point in the next year, CCP will be changing player owned stations into a new type of citadel. Once this happens, you will be able to use asset safety mechanics to move your crap to low-sec.

But you’ll have to wait a while and there is a charge (15% of the asset value) to use it.

Ofc, there was that mention of a war - maybe they think it would be bad to let an unknown aboard their station in case he’s a spy?

1 Like

To quote an entire post you’re replying to, use the speech bubble icon in the top-left of the composition pane. To only quote a portion or phrase, highlight it in the original post and a “Quote” tooltip will appear - when you click that, the partial quote will be pasted automatically into your post composition pane.

tl;dr

You left when players were diks. You came back and players are still diks.

Did you forget you were playing Eve?

If CCP does this, there will be hell to pay.

<> Disregard, I totally missed the fact that you are in space and not in the ship.

Have you checked out this https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203207992-Inaccessible-Assets-and-Returning-players ? Not going to get you everything, but you can stack as much as you can in your expensive modded ship.

Thank you :slight_smile:

@Kira_Kaliandra :slight_smile: :+1:

How much in total of your stuff locked?

You still could try and split those into few loads to JF it somewhere to nearedt NPC station or low sec. No matter you are not blue people would gladly do things like hauling for proper reward. Talk to haulers guys within Haulers channel they might get access or alts there. If those are ships especially caps then firesell and forget about it.

I don’t see how that would help, at least not quite so simply. If the station owners have such a closed-door policy, then there may not be willing buyers with docking rights.

its around 2.5bil worth of stuff, might not seem much for some but for me its quite a sizeable chunk of my total assets. I dont have caps in there, its some pvp ships, my ratting ship, exploration and a lot of modules and rigs, that sort of things.

As a side note, speaking of caps, before i left the game few months back i was in the process of getting myself a carrier … i decided not to at the last second, that was a really got decision now that i think of it :slight_smile:

The ships themselves arent as important (their hulls i mean), i could buy those whenever i want, its their fittings and modules ive got in the station that are a bit of a problem.

I think its a case of me being attached to my stuff too much :slight_smile:

Im currently exploring the possibility of joining Triumvirate or Fraternity, found a couple of corps in there that MIGHT accept me. If that fails ill probably try and sell everything and that be that.

Altho the haulers thing might be worth a look, you never know, they MIGHT have access to that place.

Ill keep this post updated with how things go.

I thank you all for your replies!