Auto hotkey when clicking into client

When I go from window to window in eve, while in space, my game forces me to approach something. I initially thought it was a hotkey issue. So I removed the hotkey. This did not fix the issue, it moved to a different hotkey and tells me to tag an item. If I remove that hot key, it goes to another command. It will continue to move hotkey to hotkey every time I remove a hotkey.

Again, the only thing I am doing is simply alt+Tab back into the game or clicking from client to client, or desktop/browser to client.

I have researched this and The only information is Hotkeys get stuck "down" - Windowed Mode which is pretty much my issue. I have disabled my AV (Sophos) and any unneeded background processes with no luck.

This is very aggravating especially since I am a null sec player who fields 6 accounts with various industrial ships :slight_smile: I am constantly fighting my ships un-aligning and approaching random objects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System Information: (Have it in notepad saved for occasions such as this :stuck_out_tongue: )
Mother Board: MSI X99S SLI PLUS LGA 2011-v3
CPU: Intel I-7 Haswell 5930k over clocked @4.00 Ghz
CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme Performance
GPU(s): 2x GeForce GTX 980 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 Superclocked @ SLI
Capture: Avermedia Live Gamer HD
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800mhz
SSD:4x256GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series @ RAID 0
Power Supply: EVGA 1200W SLI Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified
Keyboard: Corsair K95
Keypad: Logitech G13
Mouse: Corsair Scimitar
Headset: Astro A50
Microphone: Blue Yeti /w Auphonix Pop Shield

Screenshot when simply left clicking into a client

bump-o-rooni

Still having this issue. Any1 else experiencing this?

I’m havint the same issue only under Linux. The way I’ve “solved” it for myself is to stop using Alt-Tab and to switch windows over a taskbar.

It seems to always happen regardless on how I switch clients.

I’ve got a forum post opened for the same issue.

using a logitech g410 and windows 7 here.

OK here’s what ended up being the solution for me.

My antivirus identity protection has a keystroke monitoring component that interferes with the keyboard buffer.

Discussed and fix here: TLDR add the eve client to ‘allow’ under identity protection

I use Sophos, so I’ll have to look and see if there’s an equivalent fix.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.