Auto Renewal is illegal in some states

that all, if you are in a room nearby a firearm here its mandatory 5 years minimum , he got off lightly

PayPal does not allow any purchases of guns or gun paraphernalia . Their official policy prohibits all firearms, working or not, from being bought or sold, as well as any part of a firearm or any ammunition.
It is 100% against PayPal policies to use PayPal to receive payments for Ammunition. Given how PayPal defines ammunition, this also applies to powder and primers (and possibly bullets). NEVER EVER use PayPal to receive payment for ammunition, powder, or primers.

Your friend should have read PayPal policy or called them and checked. I’ve called PayPal on numerous occasions, their representatives are very cordial… at least the ones in Europe.

Is it possible to sue the OP for theft of my time reading this post?

5 Likes

Texas does not have these laws and Texas Law supercedes all others.

3 Likes

That’s a whole political thing nowadays.
Banks are refusing to let you use a credit or debt card at stores that sell firearms even if you aren’t necessarily buying one yourself.

(Just wait until cash is gone altogether the things you won’t be able to buy anymore!)

FTFY

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Nope. Not going to say it.

2 Likes

say it, chatham house rules are still valid

1 Like

As the resident expert in bird law, I am willing to legally represent everyone here with their respective issues for very affordable prices.

sure am glad they give you a notification that it auto renews before you click buy then…

“Please note: You are signing up for a recurring Credit Card subscription and will be billed at the end of each time period until you cancel or change your method of payment.”

2 Likes

I laughed, here have a like

I can’t speak to the legality side of things, but that doesn’t change the fact that auto-renewal stuff is anti-consumer BS. It’s not put in for customer convenience -it’s put in to stealth charge people who forget to turn it off.

And while you can contact customer support in order to get the charges removed, it can screw over people if the charge hits at the wrong time.

Unfortunately, I doubt it’s going anywhere any time soon.

3 Likes

Bartering and trade with other items isn’t illegal.

We can trade with Mac Book Pros or iPhones for high ticket price items.

Don’t use a “custodian” service like cards/banks to pay. Their service, their rules. It’s not your currency if its in their hands. Go P2P, person to person, peer to peer. Hold your own bearer of value, do the transaction yourself.

The reason they want rid of it is to remove the limit that hinders going negative interest rates to force you to spend when they say so. They want to remove all escapes from negative interest rates and full tyrannical control.

Also I strongly suggest not using “subscription” pull based payments held by a custodian. You want to be the bearer of the value and it to be pushed based transactions.

1 Like

You just switch it off in your account settings.

Its really a tax on the lazy and stupid.

2 Likes

i guess i should have paid more attention 10 years ago. but the fact remains, i am paying for another year on 2 accounts that i otherwise would have shut down a couple of weeks ago. thats on me, but the practice is still pretty shady.

There is nothing shady about a clearly stated automatic renewal. Your failure to pay any attention during signup for Omega or any renewal since is on you, not CCP, as you acknowledged. You could have cancelled auto renewal at any time - there is no penalty for doing so - and taken control of your payment scheduling. Calling CCP ‘shady’ is ridiculous - they didn’t force you to stay enrolled in auto-renewal or hide the fact that you were enrolling in it in the first place.

3 Likes

Sure. Until they start using it on the specials. You buy the three and three special and you get the automatic renewal notice.

But what is being renewed? Three months Omega plus three months MCT which is how it’s intimated? Of course not. Surprise!

CCP marketing are playing dirty no matter how much you apologists want to deny it. They always have.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

The moron tax kicked in and you paid in full.

Enjoy another year of Omega!

i accept full responsibility for failng to UNCHECK the autorenewal box 10 years ago. i have unchecked it for all of my accounts now. There also laws in the the US that allow you to opt out of a prepaid subscription and receive a prorated refun if you no longer use the service. The main offender was cable tv companies, now they have a wide range of policies for quitting that involve canellation fees that decline the farther into the subscrpiton period you are.
The EU has some similar rules regarding indefinite renewal and Iceland is part of the the EU

If for any reason the EULA is terminated with regard to any or all of your Accounts, those Accounts will be closed, upon which all rights granted to you under the EULA shall terminate with regard to the closed Accounts, and you must discontinue your use of the Software, and you may not access the System or play the Game under any closed Account, and all the attributes of the Accounts, including characters, items and currency in the Accounts, will be lost. If for any reason the EULA is terminated, you will not be entitled to compensation for the past time you spent playing EVE, for the real or projected value of your Account were it to be sold, or for any other compensation, other than a prorated refund of prepaid subscription fees under certain circumstances as expressly set forth in the EULA.

Users whose Accounts have been closed may not access the System or play EVE in any manner or for any reason, including through any other Account, without the express written permission of CCP. Users of active accounts may not knowingly allow former users whose Accounts have been closed to use the active user’s Accounts.

@leavwiz you have that option… terminate your EULA contract with CCP.

If a change in the fees or payment terms is unacceptable to you, you may terminate the EULA and close all of your Accounts by notifying CCP via electronic mail within thirty (30) days after the later of (a) the date that CCP has posted the change on its website; or (b) the date the change has impacted your Account (e.g., your credit card has been charged). Your notice must state: (i) that you do not agree to the change, specifically describing the change, and that you wish to terminate the EULA and close your Accounts; (ii) your player name and (iii) your login name. You may receive a refund of any prepaid subscription fees, prorated as of the effective date of your termination, by sending CCP a request via electronic mail within thirty (30) days of your termination notice. If you continue to access the System or use EVE more than thirty (30) days after the later to occur of (a) or (b) above, without following the termination procedure set forth above, you shall be deemed to have accepted the change and waive your rights to terminate under this section.