Automatically resolve the Cosmic Signature when I am sitting next to the Wormhole I just exited from

I don’t remember it ever auto resolving and I moved into WH during apocrypha. Your probe scanner didn’t even remember sigs you had just scanned if you moved systems let alone the wh you just went through.

Usually I just bookmark the wormhole I exited from.
Makes it easier to find again.

Sure, but I sometimes want it on the scan results so I have the scan result ID of it for reference, also sharing this scan ID result helps with shared bm’s.

Simplest solution is just launch probes on your landing (if you have time and no risk), then insta move them to your location and zoom right in (and enhance :smiley: ) to the smallest distance then analyse to get it.

This move probes to your ship makes this possible.

A work around for a terrible mechanic to begin with.

Don’t you have a smallest distance preset? It’s really useful for when you want to combat probe or probe sigs with you on grid.

1. Launch probes
  2. Focus on your location (one button now)
  3. Smallest distance (one button, if you made the preset)
  4. Scan

And you’re done.

And if you’re at risk it isn’t hard to hit your bookmark hot key as you’re warping out then probing the bookmark when your safe

I want the SIG ID. BMing that way doesn’t give you the sig id.

Yes it does

Not unless you have the cosmic sig resolved it won’t.

And what exactly do you think happens if you probe on top of a bookmark that is on a sig?

The sig ID is not stored in the text, I have to hunt it down then enter it manually, or scan down the thing i just used and am 0km from to then right click that and get hte sig id.

I want the scan result ID. THE TEXT such as ABC-123.

And that is what this thread is about. Not repeating effort on something I already can see in front of my ship.

You are now attempting to derail this topic thread.

People not agreeing with you is not derailing the thread.

You have not scanned down this signature, so you don’t get to know which one it is. If there are no signatures near then you know the ID of their are then your computer can’t resolve that all it’s capable of is telling you is how many signatures are in the system, you need probes for anything more detailed.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.