Avio Yaken's Fiction Archive

Raata Zaibatsu

Right, The Raata Zaibatsu.

Allow me to pre-frame this as something you should take with a massive grain of salt.

A kilo maybe.

I’m actually gonna dodge giving away specific details here as it’s just better that way. This me just starting to figure out I could take my own writing seriously and tried to be a bit ambitious.

But the Raata Zaibatsu was my first real writing project in EVE where I try to give my best interpretation of what a Neo-Raata society would look like. I try to explore that cultural identity by applying my own theories and interpretations to word. Full disclosure… I for sure took liberties.

Most notably though…

[ZANIE]

Summary

ZANIE

Or

Zaibatsu Associated News Institute

Is the news firm form this Neo-Raata colony that reports on the ongoing developments planetside and the drama between the cast of characters I’ve made to represent this society.

I’ll own up to it. It’s was a puppet show.

I’d argue it’s a pretty decent puppet show tho.

I made a thread in the Intergalactic Summit to be the outlet I publish any and all news stories. While I did mainly just write narratives about this colony, I did eventually venture into actual journalism covering a player RP conflict and even did interviews. And I even did these interviews with my own cast members to flesh 5hem out.

I enjoyed these the most… So much so that they became the inspiration for my writing style today seen above.

Oh, also I edited together an actual video one time.

ZANIE #1: "UNF Arcology" - "Tebu Amkhiman" trade hub - "Fighter pilot tournament" - YouTube

I wrote, recorded, edited and voice acted the entire video. Seeing the scope and Discourse, I was inspired to see if I could do it myself. I think I did okay enough to show people. I initially planned to expand and do more episodes, but my courage and motivation vanished. Was a mental uphill battle, but I’m happy to have pulled it off.

Actual writings

Summary

Raata Zaibatsu Chronicles - #4 by Avio_Yaken

Besides that, there were a few short stories made around the time I was working on the Raata Zaibatsu.

Firstly the Zaibatsu Chronicles which was a bizarre attempt at giving reader interaction by writing each part with a vote at the end on a choice that needs to be made or who should the perspective switch to. This was a way for me to jump around and show off all the different characters I made.

Also this is Suha’s debut appearance.

Next we have short stories written in the style that I would proceed to adopt and develop moving into into Guristas fiction.

3 Likes