Bad internet in EVE

I’ve been playing eve for about a month now, and have had a good amount of fun; engaged in PVE, exploration, mining and a bit of trading. Got blown up a few times due to my own noobish ambition by other players; all fine by me.

Though, my internet connection is notoriously ‘iffy’ at best, but have had good success in running l1-l3 missions. That was, until a internet hiccup caused me to lose not one, but two Drakes to rats through no fault of my own. (Details being, I activate an acceleration gate, wait a few minutes and when I finally warp to the next area, I hear all the shield/armor warning noises and now I’m in a pod.)

So, now that I’m fully discouraged from any sort of combat, what can I do instead to enjoy EVE? I’ve found exploration to be a bit less fun due to my issues as well, as I’m going to be in dangerous space and the hacking minigame’s response time is downright frustrating.

you could befriend a friend or two, who will run missions with you to ensure you don’t die upon warping to a room.

eve does pretty poorly with a bad connection hard for me to suggest continuing to play. I’ve lost a bunch of stuff to crappy internet.

if you really want to stick at it you can fit a bunch of extra tank to your ships and most of the time that should be enough to stay alive, but no promises.

Do you active tank your Drake?, if so you should maybe consider to switch to passive tank. It should be able to handle L1-3 missions almost indefinitely.

I wish I had some good suggestions. I struggle with hardware and internet issues. I can manage the boring activities alright, but the fun ones test my patience. Especially hacking data and relic sites. If it didn’t take up to 3 or 4 seconds for each node to reveal, I’d spend most of my time in wormholes.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.