Banned or hacked?

hi i have a quick question about eve banning mechanics.

i cant log in into my 2 main accounts. One account tells me i am banned when i try to recover my password and the other one tells me something like “mail with informations send to eve...@somemail.com” this mail adress is not mine.
so the question is: does ccp change the email adress when they ban someone or not.
so am i banned or am i hacked or both?

Sound a bit like hacked and banned after that.

1 Like

Certainly not. They have no reason to change any of the account information.

Your “account” may be banned but to be sure you’d have to contact CCP either by Help Center or by writing an email to support@eveonline.com. It may be a good idea to have some of the information on hand like; Account name, previous email that was registered on the account (if it’s not what’s registered at this time) and the name(s) of one or more characters on the account, so basically any information that can definitely give proof of ownership. Also expect that it will take some time to confirm various things.

ok i think i am hacked and then banned to protect my accounts.
i noticed a romanian IP in my accountlogs and i received 50 account recovery mails i didnt apply for.
someone knows my emailaccount linked to the accounts. but can he get access to the accounts if he dont get access to the email account anymore? (i changed the password)

i have no clue what to do now and how to protect my accounts. is it enough to change passwords for the eveaccounts and my mail account?

Do as ISD Sakimura says. It will take time, but it is necessary.

yeah sure. i have to.
2 of my accounts (my main accounts) are still banned. so i will do as ISD Sakimura says.

but i want to know if there is something i can do to protect the other ones.

But i am sure the GMs will tell me exactly what to do.

Ty very much for the advice :slight_smile:

Activate 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) on your remaining accounts. For example you can use Google Authenticator, if you don’t like having the codes sent to your email, this will almost make it impossible to hack your accounts.

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend that you change the password on your email, as it may also have been compromised in the hack.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.