Banning repeated gankers from highsec

And what goal would that be? Why/how exactly would that be beneficial for the game?

Hi,
thank you for your input. Based on my limited game play I based my opinion on what I have observed. My post is about ganking and player behaviour. The fact that I have used examples from the most aggrieved parties ( freighters and miners ) who also get the most attention from suicide gankers does not mean that is what my post is about. I could readily have used an example of ratting battleships bling fit, all gank no tank cap unstable and how vulnerable they are to being ganked.It is quite amazing how much intel an innocuous looking venture can gather.Assume it is mining at your peril.The complaint is about being ganked and not liking it. My response is about acceptance,behaviour and survival. I see much complaining and little to no evidence of adaptation to survive. And just to make it quite clear in case you had assumed that I was in someway showing bias. I do not need a code to blow you up as many times as I wish as long as I conform to the terms of the EULA. They are just as much a threat to my survival as they are to you. I choose to minimise that threat and impact. Your decision tree regarding that threat is yours and yours alone.

1 Like

Nothing in his post was new or unknown to me.

Do you know the difference between ganking and suicide ganking?

Adds risk vs reward. They can already have a neutral bump them for 20+ minutes. And it makes sense that they won’t be invunerable when they undock while flashing yellow or red in high sec.

What is wrong with the ability to possibly shoot at them when leaving a station? Are you saying gankers should be protected from people at all times? Has the victim mentality spread to gankers now too?

2 Likes

Adds risk vs what reward? To me it looks like you just want yet one more nerf to suicide ganking to make it easier for you and harder for them, and for no clear benefit to the game, just that you think it would be good for YOU…

What’s wrong is these never ending attempts at nerfing suicide ganking one step at a time.

It’s not they who are crying for protection. They’re not asking for any game mechanics to be changed to protect them. It’s YOU who is asking the game mechanics to be changed to make it easier for you and harder for them for no clear benefit to the game that I can see…

1 Like

I don’t own nor can I fly a frieghter. So that is irrelevant.
I would have quoted the second part too but it is just more of the same idiocy. I don’t fly those ships in the first place and have never been ganked.

2 Likes

Suicide ganking is cock-blocking rationalization of HS PvP.

There are other methods to increase non-consensual PvP in HS, than the niche of suicide ganking provides for.

1 Like

Why should CCP remove something that adds content to the game?

I haven’t been playing much, but it’s clear than removing ways to kill each other in a pvp sandbox doesn’t seem sandboxxy to me.

What reasons other than personal Haye do you have against highsec suicide ganking?

So what? I didn’t say nor imply otherwise. It doesn’t change the slightest that you want game mechanics to be changed for no other reason that you think that would make it easier for you or someone else to shoot at them… And when they adapt and you find that makes no difference either, then you’ll ask for some other nerf…

Irrelevant it is, indeed.

Great argument, almost proves your point, LOL.

Its not about removing suicide ganking, its about increasing/improving other methods of non-consensual HS PvP that dont involve the “suicide” aspect.

Hi, thank you for your input. I have no wish to play semantics. As far as I am concerned suicide ganking is a sub class of ganking. The title of the post is “Banning repeated gankers from highsec.”
It is my understanding that these players would therefore fall under this ban. Or are you suggesting that all other ganking activty is to be banned but suicide gankers would be left in peace. I was hopeful that someone who had been ganked may have observed something in game that I have yet to see that may assist them in their adventures and my post merely stimulated them. As I continue to learn the game I will revisit old assumptions to improve my survival rate.

Insert Jita at the appropriate place.

fly safe everyone and have fun doing it.

Do elaborate on these other methods then.

All I see is a wish to have ganking dissapear in favor of less lucrative non-consensual methods.

Ganking is balanced, but people that die to gankers are dumb.

Why are they dumb?
Because it’s easily avoidable.

Suicide ganking isnt a sub-class of anything else.
Its a unique phenomenon that occurs exclusively in HS, without wardec, and against CONCORD.

The real issue here, is the lack of functional wardec mechanics in HS, largely due to NPC Corp aspects.

You are again conflating ganking, with suicide ganking.
They are not the same.

Ganking involves a wardec in HS.
Suicide ganking, does not.

Ganking is a short for gang killing
Also known as many-versus-oneing

Suicide ganking is always ganking,
Ganking is not always suicide ganking

Don’t try to educate me on the meaning of very simple aspects.
Thanks.

1 Like

I have nothing else to say to you, it’s clear that you only want to pick fights with people

1 Like

Suicide ganking involves mechanics that ganking does not.

To put it simply:

• Suicide ganking is an HS exclusive activity, without wardec.
  • Ganking is universal, and involves wardec in HS.

So, this thread has devolved into semantic arguments and other petty crap? Shocker.

2 Likes

There is no argument, except by those that deny it.

Its fact that “ganking” and "suicide ganking " are distinct and different things.

You can suicide gank on lowsec gates too…
Dread bombs are also a form of suicide ganking, since they all know they won’t get out due to response fleets…

So, argument negated.

Suicide ganking simply means you will die regardless of getting the kill.
Lol