Banning repeated gankers from highsec

That is not suicide ganking, as it doesnt involve a CONCORD fleet reaction.
You can warp away, and return, and the gate guns wont re-engage.

Wat?

Suicide ganking is a term that applies specifically, and exclusively, to illegal aggression in HS.

Ganking and suicide ganking, are not the same thing,

Suicide ganking is illegal aggression in HS, without wardec, and suicide by CONCORD.

Ganking can happen anywhere, and specifically with wardec in HS.

So waitā€¦ Every member of RED VS blue would have been kicked becauseā€¦ Perpetual war and killing each other repeatedly, at times on scenarios of many vs 1.

Also, how can you code the game to recognize a gank? Your fleet of 24 fights my fleet of 24. After you lill one of us, we all bugger out. The battle report and Killmail only shows 24 people killing 1 and nothing else. So do this a few times and your group could be banned from hi sec? Seems like a system that could be easily gamed to produced biased results.

Be a mercs group. Dec a big Indy corp. Every time they show up to fight in large numbers, let them kill one person then run. Claim they are ganking and should be banned from hi sec. Sounds like a great, easy way to evict hi sec industrialists.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your input. A mind is like a parachute.It only works when it is open.I am not here to play semantics.
Some mammals are found all over the world. ie horses. Some mammals are unique to one place. They are still all mammals.
You have adopted a position as is your right. It is not my place to change your belief system.I have merely added to the debate from a neutral position. I have never suffered from being ganked, though I have taken steps to immunise myself from ship loss and subsequent emotions of losing said ship. I will continue to learn how to survive.
As I have offered all that I can to the debate I shall now close.

Hidden footage of Ganker celebrations in Jita

I am having lots of fun playing this game and I hope you are as well.

Fly safe everyone. Find your fun in this wonderful game.

1 Like

Good for you.

But that doesnt change that suicide gank, and gank, are two distinct separate things.

Suicide is oneā€™s own death.
Ganking is grouping up against one guy.

I think thatā€™s put simply enough!
I donā€™t see Concord in there.

:thinking:

Doesnā€™t matter what kills you, but if you and your pals get dunked after dunking some poor solo sod, itā€™s a form of suicide ganking. Regardless of the space.

I will now stop responding to you since I see itā€™s pretty pointless.
Iā€™m down to argue with anyone that knows what they talk about.

Suicide ganking refers to massed illegal HS aggression, where CONCORD shows up, specific effects apply, and the aggressors are killed by CONCORD with no recourse for escape.

Ganking is legal, or non-CONCORD involving aggression via a mass.

They are not the same, and various different mechanics apply to each as distinct from the other.

It is not necessarily massed aggression. One lone thrashed can easily suicide gank frigates, shuttles, and pods. Itā€™s only one person in one ship but it is still suicide ganking.

2 Likes

The oldest root of ā€œgankingā€ is from a team grouping up and aggressing a single target, especially if they are involved in a PvE activity.

Call me ā€œold-schoolā€ but I dont agree you can ā€œgankā€ someone, solo.

Regardless of that, ā€œsuicide gankingā€ and ā€œgankingā€ are distinct, different things in EVE.

1 Like

So a thrasher with 7 guns isnā€™t ganking a defenseless shuttle or pod? So what is it?

And given that a few individuals have made a living/habit of killing pods and shuttles that are autopiloting to Jita while they act solo, is that not suicide ganking? Or do we need to muddy the waters more by calling that suicide killing vs suicide ganking? This seems obsurd.

In the very least, could you provide a copy of your official dictionary? Without such, Iā€™m not sure we could have a debate as differences in terminology would cause too many problems.

1 Like

I suggest ignoring him, as itā€™s very clear that heā€™s not open to the true meaning of the exression.

Better to use your time on something worth it over wasting it on that guy

1 Like

Correct. Call it whatever you want, but its not a gank.
But if there are two thrashers, that would be a gank.

The term ā€œgankingā€, and many others, such as ā€œcreep-jackingā€ originated from Warcraft 3 multiplayer and DOTA as derived from it.

The root of the term is not important here.

What is important is that ā€œsuicide gankingā€ in EVE, is where you illegally aggress a target, and get killed by CONCORD. The suicide part, is by cop (CONCORD). When you commit the act you WILL be killed by CONCORD.

This is distinct from ā€œgankingā€, where the aggressive action is legal and/or CONCORD will not kill you for it.

TLDR:

• Suicide ganking: CONCORD WILL pop your ship.
  • Ganking: CONCORD has no interest in you.

Suicide ganking is still ganking
Otherwise people would just call it suiciding or some other religious connotationā€¦

On the other hand, ganking is not always suicide ganking. Just like ai said 20 posts ago

Thats like saying an apple is an orange, cos both are fruit.

Suicide ganking is distinct from ganking, mechanically and systemically, in EVE.

As I said above, to boil it down:

• Suicide ganking: CONCORD WILL pop your ship.
  • Ganking: CONCORD has no interest in you.

The operative term here, is ā€œsuicideā€, and that is suicide by cop (CONCORD).
Committing that illegal act, ends up in death of your ship, with no escape.

Frankly, I would wish CONCORD would pop the pod too.

A red apple is still an apple is it not?
But an apple is not always red is it?

flushes

This isnt about different colors of apple.
We are talking about very different fruits.

Suicide ganking, and ganking, are two distinct separate things in EVE.
If you refuse to acknowledge that difference, I question your honesty.

You missed the point yet again

Why do I even bother

Itā€™s like trying to get my kids to not put their fingers in their nosesā€¦

Its you that is missing the point.

Suicide ganking, and ganking, are not the same thing in EVE.

Suicide ganking is when CONCORD will blow up your ships as a result of your gank.
Ganking is when CONCORD wont blow up your ships as a result of your gank.

Ganking contains suicide ganking as a type like Apples contain McIntosh apples as a type.

Itā€™s really simple.

What is the difference between a suicide gank, and a gank?

Whats wrong?
Caught in your own trap?

Easier for me huh.

K lol

Citadels were a buff.
What is wrong with proposing the buff being removed?
I was suicide ganking ships long before citadels were introduced.
Do you honestly believe that removing tethering from yellow and red flashing people that ganking will be nerfed?