Bastion module weapons timer

Can someone explain to me why activating the bastion module triggers a weapons timer? What’s the purpose of this?

1 Like

It’s to prevent station games with it.

2 Likes

lol and in that thread talkin about changes or balancing to marauders… some guy believes bastion does not give you a timer… i said it does but what would I know. thanks for just pointing that out here. cheers.

Also refitting and gate games. If bastion didn’t give a weapons timer you could go aggro someone and then just bastion up to tank their damage and wait for your weapons timer to drop and dock up or jump gate to safety. This way you have to wait a minute after coming out of bastion to refit, jump, or dock. It prevents a lot of silliness and I’m okay with that. If you are using a marauder for pve it’s pretty easy to come out of bastion early to avoid the timer preventing dock/jump after completing a mission.

2 Likes

And what about wh PVE? This change killed C5 Paladin ratting.

doesnt matter the role you play… if you activate bastion, there is a one minute no refitting timer, no jumping etc. if on top of that, you shoot someone, there will be a 15 minute aggro timer…

I tried to mention this but people jsut got so nasty I left the convo…

this applies to siege or triage as well… you get a 1 min no refit timer if you activate said module on top of, if you pvp, the 15 min timer.

1 Like

Id love to see the fits you used in c5 sites?

I believe the weapons timer has been part of bastion since it came out, the jumping/docking restriction was very much intended and the main part I agree with. The no refitting with a weapons timer is something that is more recent. I do miss marauder refitting shenanigans, but don’t have a strong opinion if combat refitting is good/bad for the game. I know there were some pretty crazy things going on with refitting combat capitals in combat/triage, one of those things someone that frequently flies caps would be better to comment on.

1 Like

I miss being able to refit while in Bastion. I wouldn’t say it was abused in PvE, but its removal did force those of us who utilize them to completely rethink our fits. I think that in the long run that benefited us more.

1 Like

Which I thought was REALLY cool too btw… Maybe its just how Rooks and Kings emphasized on it all in their videos. Refitting from smartbomb limitation sucks though, as well as for pve… would be nice if it was unrestricted for pve at LEAST… but what do I care really?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.