Bastions of War

You do understand that there are regions in EVE where dreads can’t go, right?

Or you could learn how to fly T2 fits. And it isn’t really fair to count implant costs when saving your pod in highsec/lowsec is almost guaranteed.

Yes, I do. You do realize that in the places a dread can’t go, you’d be a moron to use a marauder there?
So many more effective and ISK-efficient ships that can be used.
Also, its a T2 hull, WITHOUT the T2 resists and other bits.
Do you fly marauders?

5 Likes

Why do you presume everyone wants to use them in highsec exclusively ?!

1 Like

Because, as you say, dreads exist. You aren’t going to make a T2 battleship competitive with cheap and fully insurable capital ships so there’s no point in trying.

1 Like

Ok, you’ve told me all I need to know. Looks like you haven’t tried one for pvp in null/low or wh space with a high grade crystal set … There are situations when you can just bait small to medium gangs for those awesome fights … well used to be … now that we get this 90 s timer that’s way far off the MJD one…

I think CCP didnt thought about low sec.

People use Phoenixes instead of Golems for PvP already in low sec I have seen.

I also don’t understand what the problem is. Marauders started doing more damage. This is bad? Yes, they are still hunted if they fly alone. Nothing will change in this. Can you tell me what I don’t understand?

Yes, tracking on the paladin is terrible. Or tank or tracking, although I have all skills at 5.I don’t know what to do about it, not a single fit for pve suits me. If I’m thin there are too many people hovering around me wanting to add this ship to the killboard. If I am fat, then I kill someone for a very long time. Maybe now is the time to sell this ship.

1 Like

When can we get a triglavian marauder?

5 Likes

You are absolutely missing the points here.

Maybe CCP still thinks there are too many upwell structures in highsec, and this is meant to fix that. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The issue is two-fold.

The offset of increased lockdown time is a death sentence for any marauder, unless they significantly increase the ship’s ability to tank, and clean up tackle while in seige. Add to that the absolutely garbage tracking, and the marauder will be unable to do anything about any tackle, which has a much higher chance of landing on the ship now. So they’re going to be turned into even more mythical creatures – they’re already a stupid decision to fly, as being pinned down in bastion mode is bad enough as is, considering that marauders cost nearly as much as a dreadnaught for way less ability as a ship.
The other issue is the ‘buff’ itself. Instead of a flat damage% increase, they’re using refire%. The issue is that this will not help most usage of marauders for PvX, and especially hurts the Paladin. Marauders are already especially sensitive to cap pressure. Adding refire to a ship that uses capacitor to fire, capacitor to run hardeners, capacitor for utility, capacitor for self-repping (bastion/siege prevent incoming assistance modules like cap transfer and repairers)… imagine you can already see where this is going.

The fact that CCP didn’t immediately see this and adjust for it in the first place, shows how little they know about their own game :frowning:

6 Likes

Leshaks do a better job at that. They don’t care about the neuts or damage from the structure, they just tank it and kill the structure faster. Another case of Trig Shits taking away roles and uses from established ships. Typical CCP.

2 Likes

They can make the beacons different, and what makes you think they won’t use LO?

Double the warp speed for them. Make them faster than a Machariel. At last then, it would put the ability to blitz missions as an offset to the bastion module increase.

2 Likes

Reading the dev bloglette. It’s a cyno beacon, as per that dev bloglette. You cannot store stuff in a mobile structure while it anchors, but they say it lights a cyno beacon after 2 minutes of anchoring.

The fuel could be moved to the manufacturing side of the process rather than the carry side, meaning the fuel would still need to be consumed and come from somewhere

1 Like

Then you’d still not need LO to light the cynos all over the place when you want to light it.

No but you would still end up using more cargo space than you would and no doubt at a much larger cost than just throwing a cyno on a cheap disposable ship and just popping it

There is also the possibility that these could end up being balanced by having the beacon broadcast while they are anchoring so that people have a chance to prevent them

:thinking: Do you know something that we don’t? Because last I heard we could only light cynos on Force Recons, which are 400M+, or BLOPS, which are 1.6B+. Don’t give me Industrial Cynos, please. They are labelled as such on the overview and therefore the tactic would not work.

That would flood the overview with stuff that I don’t want to see on it? Sounds equally great. Any more suggestions on making this worse than it already is?