Bastions of War

First fun thing I read in this thread :wink:

1 Like

I was meaning for both of them.
That cancels out the cap issues from rate of fire while leaving them with the old cap issues for reps. Now if Kronos needs an actual buff relative to the others then sure. But letā€™s not get greedy.

or you can click on the reddit link where Rise already addressed this before your post.

Link for those that need it:

1. Reddit - Dive into anything

2. Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

Just to play devils advocate, but, maybe they intend for it to no longer be cap stable in bastion

I mean, i get that you want it not to be nerfed, but, it might be that this is actually intentional to add a weakness to the ship

Then we switch to golem or vargur, and cap problems are solved.
I have all support skills including marauders to level 5, so i donā€™t care which marauder i use.

they loooove to make amarr ships cap nightmares
and btw donā€™t have ANY benefit from that in return since the tracking is kinda shait
well lies
that MID range dude wow , that MID range is especial :thinking:
the sad thing is that the long range and the short range are infinitely more important :frowning:
and the bigger the ship more the short range outclass the scram range so ā€¦

ohhhh tutu you are being a grumpy old man again
at least we have LAZORS the coolest weapon in the game :smiley:
except they release a new race with new desint cof cof NEWlazors ā€¦

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: ā€¦ The Paladin Bonus change from ā€œCapacitor Recharge Bonusā€ to ā€œTurret Activation Cost Bonusā€ was not good enough ā€¦ First, it Weakened the Capacitor in general, we need the Capacitor for more than just weapons ā€¦ Secondly, the bonus was not enough ā€¦ a Paladin that was stable with two capacitor modules will now need a third capacitor module to be stable ā€¦ wtf !!!

1 Like

Yep Paladin was nerfed to the ground with itā€™s capacitor at ā€œ0ā€ now.
@CCP_Rise I suggest 7.5% per level to capacitor capacity for amarr skill.

This would bring 7.5% bonus in line with new vargur bonus ( 7.5% to damage per level ).

2 Likes

you should learn to fit your ships better.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

and what about 1min red agro timer when bastion turn on?

Have you considered using the Rapture implant set? A high grade set will give you about 50% reduction in capacitor regeneration time.

That is not part of a solution, Iā€™m afraid, but rather increasing the risk even further by blinging. The high grade Rapture set is currenlty selling for just over 4.1 B, which would effectively quadruple the value of the current ship+clone :eyes:
Moreover, itā€™s the cap capacity that is the main issue. The ship on TQ performs well enough with its existing cap (mine has 14257 GJ with 480 sec recharge currently), but not on Sisi (11406 GJ, same recharge). For prolonged lvl 4 missions the cap hovers close to 30% on Sisi in Bastion mode (worse when not in Bastion mode), meaning it is then ripe for the taking by neuters, something that gankers wonā€™t miss.

If you watch the video from OP in Buffed Marauders in Action (Paladin L4 mission) closely for the entire duration, he is not rich on cap either and at some point drops below 50% armor, and that was even before the cap nerf was put on Sisiā€¦ Sure, it will still run lvl4s, faster even, but bob forbid you get a visit ā€¦ And wasnā€™t this the whole point of this Bastion of War thing, to make them more sustainable ?

A carrot ? In the case of the Paladin itā€™s a rotten stick.

1 Like

Hi, @CCP_Dopamine

the email we got today, says bastion mode will be reduced to 30 seconds, reducing the marauders commitment to a single position alongside their newfound power, then you click the link to read the notes and its 90 seconds?

I sold a bunch of Marauders at a near 50% mark up over what they were listing for last week.

So I guess Iā€™m fine with whatever this Bastions of War thing is.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok well you said that there was no combination of implants that could help you. I was trying to point out that there were. Rapture implants are brand new and will be expensive for a while, so you have a couple options for that. You could a) buy a mid-low grade set, mixing and matching the omega implants to maximize cost/benefits, b) run missions for whatever faction gives lp for the implants or c) wait until they are cheaper. I donā€™t know why you are worried about getting ganked when bastion was shortened to 30 seconds, that should be enough time to get out in HS. Also, Pods are super easy to save in HS/LS where there arenā€™t bubbles so idk why you are worried about losing your pod. Just fit a sub 2 second align time frigate in your escape bay to save your pod.

They changed it so itā€™s 30 seconds. Iā€™m pretty sure in the official patch notes it says 30, while the old announcement that they never changed said 90. Here is the new announcement:

Thats a standard weapons timer, thats always been 60 seconds and isnā€™t affected by the cycle time of the module that caused it, that isnā€™t a bug

Even if they dropped to 1B per set - which is unlikely - the fact remains that the Paladin is worse off in survivability than it was before. And it doesnā€™t take gankers 30 seconds to get to you, under your guns, and scrambling and neuting if they know their business. I appreciate your suggestions, but they are remedies for a nerf disguised as a buff.

2 Likes

A Low-Grade Rapture set is under 600 mil and provides a 20% bonus to Cap regen. Pretty sure with that implant set + the current Paladin stats will give it better cap than pre buff no implants but it now has twice the DPS.